3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Yes, i thought that and also Adrianna, but maybe not by biological parents (Mother) but some other way like test tube perhaps, they can do some weird shit even IRL these days.
Weird things went on in the first VN "bringing back the past" for Wenchester, so why not here?
*retrieving the past

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Version: 1.7.0
Can anyone tell me the reason for this error.

I translated this game as soon as it released version 1.6.0.

I tested it at the time and it opened the game without any errors.

Some people downloaded the translation and no one complained about any errors.

And now it just doesn't give this error if I leave these files with the final name charinfo.rpy in the original language.

I don't know why this error only increased in this update only one chapter, the rest is the same as the previous version.
==================================================================
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\Mc\AlternateExistence-1.7.0-pc/game/s1e1_charinfo.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 334: invalid continuation byte
While parsing C:\Users\Mc\AlternateExistence-1.7.0-pc/game/s1e2_charinfo.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 334: invalid continuation byte
While parsing C:\Users\Mc\AlternateExistence-1.7.0-pc/game/s1e3_charinfo.rpy.
While parsing C:\Users\Mc\AlternateExistence-1.7.0-pc/game/s1e4_charinfo.rpy.
While parsing C:\Users\Mc\AlternateExistence-1.7.0-pc/game/s1e7_charinfo.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 769, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "renpy/script.py", line 594, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 2953, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 240, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8", "python_strict")
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
I find it strange looking at the last two reviews of the game where the one played 20min of a 7 long episode game and call it a voyeur game and after using a mod the gallery does not feel right. Using mods will make the game different from the original. Personally I find the origan gallery working perfectly fine.

What also surprised me was that the models are all not attractive i think the one said. Like WOW...

Each to his own i guess.

Reactions: Darklord_1965

SeryogaViper

Jun 16, 2017

MC's waiting on me it seems. I'm working on v1.8.0 and not sleeping like him.
I have rendered and processes around 450 images, 4 animations and 200 lines of dialogue and code.
It all seems low for this far into the process but it's not actually. Still have renders waiting to be rendered and lots more to setup.
Also, in the week I'll post some changes, fairly big changes I/we made to the code that will make many players happier I am sure and others it will not shake their world at all. But keep your eyes peeled I'll post the news soon enough.
For now, it's just working v1.8.0. Thank you all.
MrK

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
sleeping? while there are some normal humans who sleep their eyes open haven't seen any in avns.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
i see this kind of behavior in many war movies and series but i dont really know if its true ,seem to be bcs they are using it in many scenes

Reactions: Firebeast

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
i see this kind of behavior in many war movies and series but i dont really know if its true ,seem to be bcs they are using it in many scenes
they use it to potentially see if enemy comes and to scare enemies.

• Wow

SeryogaViper

Jun 16, 2017

AE LOGO.jpg
Important news... To some I guess to others it will probably not be that important after all. I'm making this public for now.
So, for months now I have been thinking about some of the relationships MC have with some of the ladies in AE. I think it's time I indicate which are heavily story based and who are just girls you can have fun with.
With this in mind I tasked the lead coder to make changes to the following characters and how they connect to the main player.
Honey, Charman and Amber now are also choosable. Meaning where you would meet either Honey or Charmane at the pool in s1e2 and you were "forced" to choose one and be on her path. Now however at that specific point in s1e2 you can choose to keep seeing the girl or not.

In s1e5 when MC meets Amber in the Universities hallway and she asks him to help her at home, previously if you are on the Gabi path you cannot start the Amber path. Now you can. Also, now players on the other non-Gabi path can choose to go for Amber's path or not.

Now current save files that are beyond these points (s1e2/s1e5) will still work but will not have these options available. SO... should you want to get rid of Honey, Charmane or Amber then you will have to RESTART the game unfortunately. If these things don't bother, you and you are happy with the girl who's path you are on then carry-on playing as per normal.
Then for clarification here's how the paths work:
Anne, Asami, Summer, Daniella, Adrianna, Magda, Maggie - story fixed paths (you cannot choose them or get rid of them)
Andrea and Tania are the Girlfriend options (you have to choose one as they are story driven.)
Honey, Charmane, Amber, Lorraine and Gabi are path chosen (you can pick to be on their paths or not)
Roselind, Samara, Gigi Anel are all wildcard girls - they are or are not dateable or just have fun with. Their futures have not been set by me yet. There are also other girls in the game that are merely there for the story and so far, and do not have romance or other options.
I hope above is good news to some and just news to others. So, if you would like to experience the new changes then a new game/restart is advised otherwise carry on as per normal.
MrK

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Me neither but ive seen some players not liking Honey or even Charmane and would like to get out of those... Not sure why one would say no to some hot ass... :sneaky:

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
For me it's part of the story the developer wants to tell. It's not my story, because then I would be the developer.
So for me, it's wasted time that should have gone into other things :(

3.50 star(s) 90 Votes