Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
it said abandon but patreon said update coming tf??
I feel there needs to be more highlight on how the Abandoned tag actually works. Nothing against you, most people don't know either, but you've been here 4 years, this information should have reached you in some way.

The F95 staff does not have a direct line of communication with the devs. They don't know any better than we do. The site has it's own rules on what gets labled as Abandoned. The tag is NOT official, and by no means definitive. Anyone can report a thread, the mods will verify if any of the following conditions apply:

1. Abandoned: used in the following cases:
    • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended.
    • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).
    • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
    • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update.
    • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.

Mr.DankAss

Jun 6, 2020
I feel there needs to be more highlight on how the Abandoned tag actually works. Nothing against you, most people don't know either, but you've been here 4 years, this information should have reached you in some way.

The F95 staff does not have a direct line of communication with the devs. They don't know any better than we do. The site has it's own rules on what gets labled as Abandoned. The tag is NOT official, and by no means definitive. Anyone can report a thread, the mods will verify if any of the following conditions apply:

1. Abandoned: used in the following cases:
    • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended.
    • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).
    • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months).
    • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update.
    • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.
i mean i see some game are more than 3 months without an update but never got abandoned tag

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
i mean i see some game are more than 3 months without an update but never got abandoned tag
If you're talking "update" as in game update, thats not what it means. Its 3 months of inactivity, as in no news, no development reports, nothing on their Patreons, Subscribestar or whatever. Discord activity doesn't count. The deadline for actual game updates is 18 months, as stated below.

Sure there are exceptions to these rules, but most of the time, people just don't report, specially on the less popular games. There's thousands of games and only so many mods, so if no one reports that the rules are being broken, they won't know. Just the other day, I was checking on a game, only to find that the last patreon post was last year. The Abandoned tag was 6 months overdue. Once I reported, it was tagged in a matter of days. There's no automation for this.

4.10 star(s) 51 Votes