whiite

Jun 10, 2018
I see a screenshot has some kinda fight minigame.

Can you skip the minigames?

How many H-scenes is there?

vnqats

Oct 9, 2017
I didn't wanna reply to this again but Insexual Awakening had less patrons, their Patreon still has less than this game does currently, and they finished their first game in the time this one's taken to get started. Further, they're working on a new one and making steady progress. I don't know how a person actively ignores things being told to them so they can make a point they have no backing for, it's astounding to me actually, but whatever.
I mean I'm glad that fans of that game got it delivered pretty quickly but citing an example of another game, and especially an ESL game (based on the thread screenshots anyways: I consider loli/shota yikes so I don't intend to actually download and play it), being developed in a different amount of time completely misses the point of my post.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why people don't get this, because people vastly underestimate how much it costs to develop something. Even the largest hgame patreons (e.g. Insexsity) would struggle to afford a single full-time first-world software developer at market rates, and that's assuming that they didn't have to pay people who do things like run social media, make the art, write the story and dialogue etc! While qualified artists and writers are a bit cheaper, Insexsity wouldn't be able to afford one of each simultaneously, even assuming that they didn't need a developer! I'm just trying to provide some perspective that I don't think the average person here realizes because they have no idea how incredibly expensive development is in the developed world.

At the end of the day you need to choose between games made with relatively poor English/writing which can be developed quickly and cheaply vs games made by English-speaking creators which will be developed slowly and more expensively (as well as various other factors such as animated vs not, 2d vs 3d, art vs text-only, gameplay vs VN, etc), and I'm glad that the community is large enough to accommodate everyone so that people who are looking for different things can all be happy. However, with so many different factors at play it just doesn't make any sense to assume that two games making relatively similar incomes will be completed in similar amounts of time even assuming neither dev is "lazy."

Reactions: iAnimeDeath

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I mean I'm glad that fans of that game got it delivered pretty quickly but citing an example of another game, and especially an ESL game (based on the thread screenshots anyways: I consider loli/shota yikes so I don't intend to actually download and play it), being developed in a different amount of time completely misses the point of my post.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why people don't get this, because people vastly underestimate how much it costs to develop something. Even the largest hgame patreons (e.g. Insexsity) would struggle to afford a single full-time first-world software developer at market rates, and that's assuming that they didn't have to pay people who do things like run social media, make the art, write the story and dialogue etc! While qualified artists and writers are a bit cheaper, Insexsity wouldn't be able to afford one of each simultaneously, even assuming that they didn't need a developer! I'm just trying to provide some perspective that I don't think the average person here realizes because they have no idea how incredibly expensive development is in the developed world.

At the end of the day you need to choose between games made with relatively poor English/writing which can be developed quickly and cheaply vs games made by English-speaking creators which will be developed slowly and more expensively (as well as various other factors such as animated vs not, 2d vs 3d, art vs text-only, gameplay vs VN, etc), and I'm glad that the community is large enough to accommodate everyone so that people who are looking for different things can all be happy. However, with so many different factors at play it just doesn't make any sense to assume that two games making relatively similar incomes will be completed in similar amounts of time even assuming neither dev is "lazy."
See that's the thing I'm getting at, and you're ignoring and circling back around to. It's fine that you won't play the game but that game has not only several scenes with every character and combinations of them, which there's 7 characters I can remember, but it has minigames for each of them to raise your relationship or earn things, it's written well as the devs are all English speakers and basing your judgement on a few screenshots of which only a few have real text is stupid, the art style is more complex and detailed than this game's, and it finished in the time this one's taken to get nowhere.
It's adding mod support now, and it's only ever had a fraction of the Patreon support this game has. Financially and objectively speaking this game with 5 people, characters and plot that are already existing, and way more support shouldn't be having so much trouble because as far as I know no one in Sex Curse Studio develops full time either. You're ignoring everything I've said so you can keep making this non-point you keep repeating and just blindly defending nothing.

Reactions: ilikemomsonincest

vnqats

Oct 9, 2017
I totally get it, but making the extremely optimistic assumption that everyone is pledging on average $5 (so $3500/mo income) and Patreon takes literally a 0% cut, that works out to be around $1200/person for the three people listed on their Patreon. Given that they seem to be Americans or possibly from another English-speaking country (based on one of their twitters being explicitly American and the others obviously being native English speakers), assuming they're on the younger side (i.e. being paid near-entry-level salaries) and divide the money equally it means that buys maybe 5 hours of each person's time every week at industry rates and completely ignoring the fact that they don't get any equity or benefits... so basically nothing.

Put differently, this is a hobby for them and the amount of time it takes for them to develop is going to be mostly driven by their motivation. It's best to just think of Patreon as a tip jar for people who want to support someone's hobby, because the unfortunate reality is that at its current levels the hgame community just doesn't have enough cashflow to make development a feasible part-time (let alone full-time!) job in first-world countries.

Would I appreciate getting paid $1,000 a month to do a hobby if people wanted to do that for my hobbies? Yeah absolutely, that would be awesome! Would it be enough money to motivate me to free up time or reduce my hours at my regular job to speed up development? Not even close.

(Also, I keep making a big deal about the distinction between a native English speaker and someone who happens to speak English as a second language or something. I appreciate that many people may not care about this and may not even be able to tell, and more power to you, but some of us do care and can easily tell. I find it much harder to read ESL stuff since it constantly pulls me out of the zone so to speak, and when the vast majority of hgames are ESL for understandable financial reasons anything that isn't is a welcome breath of fresh air. If you personally don't care, that's great and there are tons of games that get developed faster than this one which are available to you!)

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Can we please get back to talking about the actual game, rather than the pointless debate about whether or not it all a giant scam??? You each have your own opinions, which you are entitled to, but the majority of us don't give a fuck about them, so either take it to DMs or just shut the hell up. Thanks.

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Isn't Danny fourteen doesn't make it that Shota?? or must it be a Anime boy??
I think shota would be someone who is much shorter compared to the adults and not as mature as Danny. Since Shota is mostly closely resembled to Children rather than teens close to of age or are of age in this instance. Since all the characters are 18 and up I don't think Danny would represent shota at all.

Also anime is a cartoon but Japanese style. American and Japanese artwork is very different but are both animations, which I think Anime is actually short term of animation. So cartoon is animation for the most part so they would be in same tier.

Reactions: satoshy12

Rolay7

Jun 27, 2017
How do you get rid of saves in this type of game? I tried to move my old saves over but there was an error so I deleted all the saves but when I press the load button it the saves are still there. I literally deleted the file and unzipped the game again but they are still there?

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
How do you get rid of saves in this type of game? I tried to move my old saves over but there was an error so I deleted all the saves but when I press the load button it the saves are still there. I literally deleted the file and unzipped the game again but they are still there?
AppData\Roaming\RenPy
That's where it saves everything in case you delete games and come back to them.

Edit:
Isn't Danny fourteen doesn't make it that Shota?? or must it be a Anime boy??
Shota just means underage-looking and like Loli the words are more often associated with the body type and not the age as "all characters depicted are at least 18 years old" for legal reasons.

Also anime is a cartoon but Japanese style. American and Japanese artwork is very different but are both animations, which I think Anime is actually short term of animation. So cartoon is animation for the most part so they would be in same tier.
Anime is short for "Animeshon" which is the Engrish pronunciation of the word, there's no Japanese word for Cartoon and that's easier to say so it stuck. They're all still cartoons though, technically speaking even their slapsticks are also Anime. It's only weebs who gatekeep anime like it's any different from western media that fight over the terms.

Last edited:

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
Windows 10 method of finding the saves. Using search bar copy and paste following:
%appdata%\RenPy\Amity__Park-1523752290 <---Go in that folder and delete everything.

All Renpy games save in two locations. Don't know why they save stuff in game folder when its that folder above I posted that is where the actual saves load from.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Any further hijacking of the thread for 1:1 arguments will result in threadbans. Take it to PM or drop it. Thanks.

Reactions: djtoxinman

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
AppData\Roaming\RenPy
That's where it saves everything in case you delete games and come back to them.

Edit:

Shota just means underage-looking and like Loli the words are more often associated with the body type and not the age as "all characters depicted are at least 18 years old" for legal reasons.

Anime is short for "Animeshon" which is the Engrish pronunciation of the word, there's no Japanese word for Cartoon and that's easier to say so it stuck. They're all still cartoons though, technically speaking even their slapsticks are also Anime. It's only weebs who gatekeep anime like it's any different from western media that fight over the terms.
True, but you missed a long vowel and as a Japanese major that hurts me inside. アニメーション-- animeeshon. Hold the vowel for 3 seconds instead of one. It's one of the things thats hardest for American speakers, believe it or not.

Also, anime is different than western cartoons for a number of reasons, such as writing styles that you don't see in Western, tropes, and age ranges-- MOST (there are many obvious exceptions) Western animations are for children, anime tends to be spread out. Cartoons and anime are both animations, but cartoons are not anime and anime are not cartoons... I think theres some stylistic differences that should prevent overlap.
I started on anime because I got bored with Western cartoons like those on Nick. They all got really predictable before too long. Anime was a breath of fresh air, but it also has its tropes and is now all-too predictable (except for when it's not. Anime seems to be better at tropebreaking imho). Even adult-oriented dramas, such as cop shows like Law and Order or political dramas like Madame Secretary tend to get into that trope rut where you see a scene and it's like "Oh, he's toast."

I kinda digressed with that last bit, sorry. Point being, I think it's not really fair to completely equalise anime and cartoons. Especially since most cartoons aren't serialised, and I've seen VERY few non-serial anime (Hetalia is the only one that comes to mind).

Sorry again, this time for the ramble. No TL:DR, suck it up.

Rolay7

Jun 27, 2017
Windows 10 method of finding the saves. Using search bar copy and paste following:
%appdata%\RenPy\Amity__Park-1523752290 <---Go in that folder and delete everything.

All Renpy games save in two locations. Don't know why they save stuff in game folder when its that folder above I posted that is where the actual saves load from.
I can't thank you enough there are a lot of games I had this problem with and this fixes all of them.

Reactions: iAnimeDeath
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes