Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
It's not hard to start from scratch on something that ends after an hour of gameplay.
Ren'py saves what text boxes you've seen so you can just hit skip and only bother with choices at that point.

Reactions: greeneyed and Rize

Lordhellsing

Mar 16, 2018
Well it is only the 14th the update day isn't until tomorrow and to be honest I can't wait to see what is up next. And surprisingly for me this is one of those games that I don't mind starting from scratch from.
oh i know it aint dead but its fun to say XP to see how creative people cen get when they say something about it XP but yey update soon

DammitBird

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2019
Sometimes its difficult when the game is so far ahead to keep regular content out. The more advanced the game, the more intricate the code and flags are

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
It helps if you don't take 5 month breaks between coding starts and stops so you keep a fresh idea of what you're doing and don't come back to your game with 0 recollection of wtf anything is anymore, inevitably leading to having a horrible time getting back to work in general. Procrastination is in itself a vicious cycle.
Don't work for long a time to relax or because you're a lazy fuck, come back to work and it's overwhelming, need consequently longer and more frequent breaks, and so on. It's especially easy to do with a steady income regardless of whether or not you do anything.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
He's only a few days late according to Patreon. Only issue I have is I hate when a dev decides to take on a second project when the first feels far from finished. There's a nice story to the game but content is lacking in the adult part of the game with it feeling like only 2 of 5-6 girls having any decent content and only 1 of them having sex. I know in comparison, and it's not a fair comparison, Four Element's Trainer Book 3 and even Book 2's content has some progression to it but it doesn't take that long to get there if you know how to do it.

Reactions: greeneyed
Dec 7, 2018
I've been waiting for too long for a new update. I also check update tracker but there is no process. Let us know if this game is abandoned. If not looking forward for new versions cool game.

helljack

Oct 1, 2017
I've been waiting for too long for a new update. I also check update tracker but there is no process. Let us know if this game is abandoned. If not looking forward for new versions cool game.
I wouldn't say abandoned, but the devs have gone quiet on the Amity park front. The progress checklist doesn't look to have had any updates since mid-June, and no one has mentioned anything about it on Patreon, Discord, or twitter since early August, when they said a new update would come around in 2 weeks.

I'm not saying it's going to be abandoned, but it does has all the signs of a dev deciding to move onto a new project and just shelving his old one. It's certainly not good communication, that's for sure.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
/shrug
It's basically a hobby for them I guess.With 3 dev's on board that's a 3 way split with a bigger slicer going to GZone most likely. Don't forget Patreon eats like 5%-9% depending on what you're on. They are getting 315 split, but most likely I'm feeling 1500, so like 475. That's not really enough to live on, so they'll have other jobs and stuff. So feels like a tip jar to donate. (I mean this is all estimates since they don't post their money count, which is alright because a lot of other adult content creators do that) So I'm not to fussed by the time in between. However, I did stop donating to them when they pulled another game out of no where and it was a damn breeding game. Those games usually flunk and I don't want no part of funding that.
Amity Park as a game is alright, the content is okayish. Story is pretty good however, so that's going for it. The art has a certain style and it's hand-drawn so nice. So the only thing that people get annoyed about is the upload schedule, which if you add together with a new game it's going to get worse. (Also I understand the creation of a game takes more time, I'm a programmer so I feel you there). But handling two projects while you're schedule is already stretched is a bit.. yeh. Anyway that's my thoughts on the matter and my review of the game. (Please no a banerino, I ain't arguing just stating my review/opinion).
Edit: I support content not the creator.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sounds like Episode six's hold up is all the new BG art.

Some artists hate doing BGs so it takes longer to do them.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes