a7448133

Jan 31, 2018
I'm very confused. The patreon page says that the next update is supposed to have come out in the second week of August, then there's just nothing. No links, no updates, nothing. I get that there's only a small team working on this, so I don't expect miracles, but at least tell us what's going on. If you're late, that's fine. I get that it happens. But don't just go radio silent, especially when money is involved.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
so Gzone another Fraudster besides Gumdrop, Nergal, Wootch & Icstor...
I wouldn't worry about Icstor, who basically killed himself mentally (2 month break) and he's back to it. He was going to push out the sister update straight after and then decided why not more? So he added the teacher as well, he's on 90% and he keeps posting shit to his discord. So you'll get a fat SUPER update. Hopefully the amity park release is something like that.

Reactions: tatanysebas

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Amity park is your unique game which hooked many people I don't get why you are starting another game instead just finishing something that earned you your patreons I don't blame the developers I blame their dev leader who starts another game and he is like "Sorry guys we are too busy".

There should be planning what would be created in updates etc. It feels like he never thought of that and then ran out of ideas so he assumed by starting another game he would get new ideas and it would keep him his patreons happy I have read the script and it's well written and artwork is really awesome and this game is really good so I'm like why starting another 6 games?

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Amity park is your unique game which hooked many people I don't get why you are starting another game instead just finishing something that earned you your patreons I don't blame the developers I blame their dev leader who starts another game and he is like "Sorry guys we are too busy".

There should be planning what would be created in updates etc. It feels like he never thought of that and then ran out of ideas so he assumed by starting another game he would get new ideas and it would keep him his patreons happy I have read the script and it's well written and artwork is really awesome and this game is really good so I'm like why starting another 6 games?
This is to explain a lot of what's been going on lately and our decisions with AP and BF, so I'm not just picking your particular comment to talk about, this is just a sorta general statement.

So thanks for staying with us as long as you guys have, good feelings or bad feelings, we appreciate that people have even an inkling of fervor for this game. Allow me to sorta explain where we both at in the creative process when GZone decided he wanted to tag Amity Park alongside another game.

This was around, I'd say January or February of 2019. GZone and I felt we were both in the same sorta rut where... I guess we felt that we were stagnating our quality with AP. We WANTED Amity Park to be a substantial game in the community because (I can at least speak highly on my own part, GZone probably isn't as big a pervert as I am) we're FANS of these games. The good ones and the okay ones. I've learned an ABUNDANCE since I started interning for UberPie back in April of 2018, and it's led me to where I am today, with my name tagged on multiple credits pages. I'm pretty proud of that, but that's an aside, allow me to get back to the point at hand.

We're fans of these games, and we wanted to pick and pull from the better games we've played and avoid the stuff we didn't think was good. Again, we wanted AP to be a substantial game in the genre, to build both our name and foothold in the community. But, with that stagnation, we felt things weren't gonna reach that level of quality we were wanting (AP at that point had only really changed in terms of content quantity, writing style, writing corrections, and just revamping it since I came on in late August of 2018.)

So, with this creative depletion, we felt we weren't gonna have enough energy or dedication to create what we wanted. So, we decided to branch out with something of our own, strongly based upon something that seemed to be pretty popular. And to tackle that project, we wanted to get our ducks in a row: we hired on a new artist, we brought on a new writer, we hired on someone better at Ren'Py to do the portrait posing (Both the latter jobs had been my Duty since October, and while I thought I liked writing enough, I realized I was better suited at correcting and editing someone like lostraven's script, and the portrait posing is as monotonous a job as it gets, I really applaud Epadder for his dedication.) and we officially brought in lnsc into our group as a collaborative member, so he could get a better idea as to what elements would best suit the story and animations.

Amity Park Episode 6 has taken FAR longer than it should have, and I blame that solely on the transitional period of creating our "Team" fully and the amount of backgrounds we needed to make an okay update (Meaning you can blame me and my speed on the backgrounds. It's hard to create shit without better reference images, the woods you just gotta kinda "make up".) But honestly, and I hope this alleviates some worry: when we planned out Episode 6, I was certain, CERTAIN, that we'd have to take a break for even longer than it's been. I thought we were gonna shift all our focus onto Breeding Farm just to make up for shit, play catch up, and learn the ropes all over again. But I'd be lying if I didn't think I wasn't already floored by the tenacity and progress we've already made for Episode 7. We're really getting this balancing act together better, and we keep coming up with new ways to keep both you the fans up to date, and our own team fully in the loop. It feels far better than it did a year ago (God, a year has really passed, that's so crazy to me).

So without getting too fucking maudlin about it, from a BTS type focus, I feel we're in a really good spot and have exquisite room to grow. As I've said to people before here, I wouldn't donate to this group if you didn't feel it was worth it, and I totally understand if people didn't think it was. I just hope people get to soon see what we've been trying with this change.

God bless, good faps to you all, check out if you haven't yet, and check out this new Patreon post from GZone.

Reactions: PugWug

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Ya, I seriously doubt any of them are doing it full time. But it really does make no sense for them to start another game when your first one is seriously lacking in content. Now it's going to take forever for either game to have any satisfying content. From what I understand they are working on 3 games now, Taffy Tales(?), Amity Park, and now Breeding farm. If they're a 3 man team why are they spreading themselves so thin working on multiple games? Why spread yourselves so thin?
Quick clarification here: No, we are not working on Taffy Tales, that is a different group headed by UberPie and lostraven is the writer. I interned with that game doing the script corrections, and it got me a small job on A Town Uncovered, which got me my job on this Team, Team GZone, Team Bieno, whatever you'd like to call it. But only LR works on Taffy Tales anymore, and his work there has never affected his work on either Amity Park or Breeding Farm. This kid shits out scripts, he's so fast and concise, I'm so glad to have him on our team.

To give you a better idea of who our staff really is, we have around 6 people, and 5 people work on Amity Park, and the six work on Breeding Farm.

GZone- Head Developer/Coder/Director of both games
MorahZamora- Script Editor/Supervisor/3D background modeler
lostraven- Head Writer (I brought him onto the team from Taffy Tales, we were already acquainted by that time)
Epadder- Portrait Poser (Another guy who took over some of my duties, we actually found him right here on f95's advertisement forums)
LNSC- Animator/Sketch Artist (He's been working with GZone the longest, but he was mainly a commissions guy, now he's a regular part of the team who sits in discussions and our staff chats)
Julioalqae- Portrait Designer for the more "Fancy" models in Breeding Farm.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So long as the next update is quality, and the game is not abandoned, I will wait as long as it takes for you to complete. There are few games that dont abandon, and just seeing one complete is always good.

just dont go full Gumdrop
I never wanted to bring this up, because I didn't wanna be the asshole that goes "Yeah, well, c'mon, at least we're not GUMDROP levels of bad, right gang?!"

But yeah. I am that asshole. Never go full Gumdrop.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Going to start playing now, any walkthrough in case i get stuck?
There is one, but I'm pretty sure it only goes up to Episode 4. I gotta sit down and play through Episode 5 & update that shit. It's also for $3 patrons on GZone's original Patreon.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
i thought if a game hasn't been updated for 3 months, it will marked as abandoned?
I think it's more so if there hasn't been any word from the Developer in any substantial means. You can't say a game should be marked abandoned after 3 months, otherwise Summertime Saga and others like it would be shut down every update. And some developers still making close to 10 K a month would have shut down at least 4 times over by this point.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So they literally just now got the script done huh?
Lol okay, I'm done watching this thread.
No, the draft for Episode 7 is done, Episode 6's script has been done for a good while. Couple revisions and edits here and there, but it's done. Background and programming is all that's needed now.

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
No, the draft for Episode 7 is done, Episode 6's script has been done for a good while. Couple revisions and edits here and there, but it's done. Background and programming is all that's needed now.
An update as simple as that is what I think most people would appreciate. I am not part of the angry mob that believes Gzone is a fraud or is intentionally 'milking his Patreons, but I do really hope he works on communication going forward. Being silent just adds fuel to the fire that is the delay. After missing his 2 week estimation for the update on Amity Park I believe some kind of update should of been made. Something along the lines of "Hey, my previous ETA on the next update was off because of this and this. Can't give an exact date but I'll keep you all updated as the work progresses." I understand giving another date or estimation is something Gzone didn't want to do, for fear of missing it again, but just some kind of indication of what is being worked on would of helped ease the masses.

Not trying to say Gzone should post every week about how things are going, but should at the very least address concerns that fans of his are having. The Progress Tracker was and still is a great way to communicate progress..so long as it doesn't get forgotten about, in which case it works very much against you all.

Another small tidbit I would like to add, the Patreon reward of the "Spoiler Channel" on Discord feels very hollow. I have seen in past updates Gzone was very good at showing pictures, work in progress art and animation, and other things but this update was not very generous with the spoilers. Sure there were a few streams, but those seem to happen on a whim, very randomly. If he saved the streams that would also be helpful.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
An update as simple as that is what I think most people would appreciate. I am not part of the angry mob that believes Gzone is a fraud or is intentionally 'milking his Patreons, but I do really hope he works on communication going forward. Being silent just adds fuel to the fire that is the delay. After missing his 2 week estimation for the update on Amity Park I believe some kind of update should of been made. Something along the lines of "Hey, my previous ETA on the next update was off because of this and this. Can't give an exact date but I'll keep you all updated as the work progresses." I understand giving another date or estimation is something Gzone didn't want to do, for fear of missing it again, but just some kind of indication of what is being worked on would of helped ease the masses.

Not trying to say Gzone should post every week about how things are going, but should at the very least address concerns that fans of his are having. The Progress Tracker was and still is a great way to communicate progress..so long as it doesn't get forgotten about, in which case it works very much against you all.

Another small tidbit I would like to add, the Patreon reward of the "Spoiler Channel" on Discord feels very hollow. I have seen in past updates Gzone was very good at showing pictures, work in progress art and animation, and other things but this update was not very generous with the spoilers. Sure there were a few streams, but those seem to happen on a whim, very randomly. If he saved the streams that would also be helpful.
I will personally attend to:
-Getting the Episode 7 Progress tracker up and running (We realized we just wasted opportunities to update as we went for Episode 6, and since we're close to finishing, and have already made progress on Episode 7, we closed out the old one and started work on the new one).
-Getting the spoiler channel updated to at LEAST bi-monthly (Twice a month if not more, with sketches, backgrounds, etc.)
-Getting communication updates on both BF and AP, at the very least, out three times a month.

These are big things I want Team Bieno (working limited company title) to focus on more communication and activity, like posts and streaming more often. I know I'll be posting more. Thanks for bringing these points up.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes