Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I will personally attend to:
-Getting the Episode 7 Progress tracker up and running (We realized we just wasted opportunities to update as we went for Episode 6, and since we're close to finishing, and have already made progress on Episode 7, we closed out the old one and started work on the new one).
-Getting the spoiler channel updated to at LEAST bi-monthly (Twice a month if not more, with sketches, backgrounds, etc.)
-Getting communication updates on both BF and AP, at the very least, out three times a month.

These are big things I want Team Bieno (working limited company title) to focus on more communication and activity, like posts and streaming more often. I know I'll be posting more. Thanks for bringing these points up.
Also, we do not blame you guys this angry mob is directed at Gzone, we really appreciate your work it's awesome and if Gzone has problems with communication which means you have to be the face of Amity park devs team it will only make us angrier. I hope you will finish this game and give us something worthy of our money.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
I'm curious, how'd the hell you guys manage to avoid Patreon's policy against incest?
By being sneaky ninjas. As long as you are not blatantly advertising your game has incest or your game has a crazy amount of Patreon support it's possible to stay under Patreon's radar. Even if they were caught it's pretty easy to work around it. Lot of games just give the option to set the relationship to characters. Or just have an unofficial patch elsewhere.

On a separate note, I don't see Gzone ever coming here to talk to us, which is understandable. Honestly I don't expect any Patreon Game Developer to talk to us here. Don't get me wrong though, it's good that many of them do but they are not any under obligation to do so. If Gzone talks to his Patreons as much as Zamora talks to us though, definitely would be nice. Add Public Relations to your title Zamora.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
This is to explain a lot of what's been going on lately and our decisions with AP and BF, so I'm not just picking your particular comment to talk about, this is just a sorta general statement.

So thanks for staying with us as long as you guys have, good feelings or bad feelings, we appreciate that people have even an inkling of fervor for this game. Allow me to sorta explain where we both at in the creative process when GZone decided he wanted to tag Amity Park alongside another game.

This was around, I'd say January or February of 2019. GZone and I felt we were both in the same sorta rut where... I guess we felt that we were stagnating our quality with AP. We WANTED Amity Park to be a substantial game in the community because (I can at least speak highly on my own part, GZone probably isn't as big a pervert as I am) we're FANS of these games. The good ones and the okay ones. I've learned an ABUNDANCE since I started interning for UberPie back in April of 2018, and it's led me to where I am today, with my name tagged on multiple credits pages. I'm pretty proud of that, but that's an aside, allow me to get back to the point at hand.

We're fans of these games, and we wanted to pick and pull from the better games we've played and avoid the stuff we didn't think was good. Again, we wanted AP to be a substantial game in the genre, to build both our name and foothold in the community. But, with that stagnation, we felt things weren't gonna reach that level of quality we were wanting (AP at that point had only really changed in terms of content quantity, writing style, writing corrections, and just revamping it since I came on in late August of 2018.)

So, with this creative depletion, we felt we weren't gonna have enough energy or dedication to create what we wanted. So, we decided to branch out with something of our own, strongly based upon something that seemed to be pretty popular. And to tackle that project, we wanted to get our ducks in a row: we hired on a new artist, we brought on a new writer, we hired on someone better at Ren'Py to do the portrait posing (Both the latter jobs had been my Duty since October, and while I thought I liked writing enough, I realized I was better suited at correcting and editing someone like lostraven's script, and the portrait posing is as monotonous a job as it gets, I really applaud Epadder for his dedication.) and we officially brought in lnsc into our group as a collaborative member, so he could get a better idea as to what elements would best suit the story and animations.

Amity Park Episode 6 has taken FAR longer than it should have, and I blame that solely on the transitional period of creating our "Team" fully and the amount of backgrounds we needed to make an okay update (Meaning you can blame me and my speed on the backgrounds. It's hard to create shit without better reference images, the woods you just gotta kinda "make up".) But honestly, and I hope this alleviates some worry: when we planned out Episode 6, I was certain, CERTAIN, that we'd have to take a break for even longer than it's been. I thought we were gonna shift all our focus onto Breeding Farm just to make up for shit, play catch up, and learn the ropes all over again. But I'd be lying if I didn't think I wasn't already floored by the tenacity and progress we've already made for Episode 7. We're really getting this balancing act together better, and we keep coming up with new ways to keep both you the fans up to date, and our own team fully in the loop. It feels far better than it did a year ago (God, a year has really passed, that's so crazy to me).

So without getting too fucking maudlin about it, from a BTS type focus, I feel we're in a really good spot and have exquisite room to grow. As I've said to people before here, I wouldn't donate to this group if you didn't feel it was worth it, and I totally understand if people didn't think it was. I just hope people get to soon see what we've been trying with this change.

God bless, good faps to you all, check out if you haven't yet, and check out this new Patreon post from GZone.
I understand all that you said. You bring up creative depletion and stagnation in the creative process of a project. So here is a little suggestion if you don't mind. When I play an adult game, I usually stop after I had fucked the main love interest. Rarely have I played further than that unless the story is very captivating. So if you write a story where we get to fuck the main girl in let's say a year of updates then you got a completed game in a year.
I don't want 10 damn girls in a game if I don't get to fuck even a single after 3 years of development. Make smaller projects if you get tired of the larger projects.

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
I understand all that you said. You bring up creative depletion and stagnation in the creative process of a project. So here is a little suggestion if you don't mind. When I play an adult game, I usually stop after I had fucked the main love interest. Rarely have I played further than that unless the story is very captivating. So if you write a story where we get to fuck the main girl in let's say a year of updates then you got a completed game in a year.
I don't want 10 damn girls in a game if I don't get to fuck even a single after 3 years of development. Make smaller projects if you get tired of the larger projects.
Some games don't have a clear 'main' girl. It's subjective depending on who you like. In Amity Park's case you could tell me Sam is the main girl, but I don't see it that way. To others it will be Maddie or Jazz. Using Summertime Saga as another example by your argument that is a completed game. I doubt many people would be happy if DarkCookie was like "Well, you get to fuck these girls now, game done!" TLDR; Your main girl may be very different than another person's main girl.

Feb 18, 2018
Some games don't have a clear 'main' girl. It's subjective depending on who you like. In Amity Park's case you could tell me Sam is the main girl, but I don't see it that way. To others it will be Maddie or Jazz. Using Summertime Saga as another example by your argument that is a completed game. I doubt many people would be happy if DarkCookie was like "Well, you get to fuck these girls now, game done!" TLDR; Your main girl may be very different than another person's main girl.
lmao, don't bring DarkCookie into this. If DarkCookie had stuck to his original idea and given us a complete main story with mom, sis, and aunt, believe me, a lot of us would be thankful. I don't know if I would believe anyone if they said that they are actually looking forward to the Eve update.
But his development model has one good aspect, and that is, he gives us a complete storyline of a girl per update meaning we don't have to grind update after update just to find character development of many characters but no actual content. I need to point out here that this argument is not directed towards this game, I'm merely pointing out the usual practices in adult game development.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm looking forward to Eve's update cuz her sister's in it and I'm praying we'll get some F/F content.

Reactions: Setosu

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
lmao, don't bring DarkCookie into this. If DarkCookie had stuck to his original idea and given us a complete main story with mom, sis, and aunt, believe me, a lot of us would be thankful. I don't know if I would believe anyone if they said that they are actually looking forward to the Eve update.
But his development model has one good aspect, and that is, he gives us a complete story line of a girl per update meaning we don't have to grind update after update just to find character development of many characters but no actual content. I need to point out here that this argument is not directed towards this game, I'm merely pointing out the usual practices in adult game development.
Since I don't want to derail this thread this will be my last post on my opinion about this. I will concede that focusing on completing one character's route at a time does have benefits, but it also has it's downsides, especially to the developer. In my opinion I see two main downsides to the developer.

First is financial. As you said, once you get the completed route of the character you wanted most you would stop supporting the game since in your eyes the game is complete. I am sure there are other individuals who think the same way. Patreon support might steadily decline as the most popular characters finish, which means the subsequent updates might suffer. Nothing wrong with only supporting a game when it's working on content you want to see but again, what you wanted most is not going to be what everyone wants most. Different preferences, different kinks, etc. I know some games do still find great success and support following the one route completion per update but that can only be contributed to a loyal fan base that wants to see the game completely finished with all the characters. If SS finished where you said then yeah, I agree it would still be a good game but then comes the "What if?" I would of seen wasted potential, a game that could of been even greater. Trust me, I don't agree with Darkcookie's development with the amount of support he gets but that is a whole different argument I don't want to get into. If a game developer has big ambitions for their game then by all means, they should pursue that ambition. So long as they don't get too greedy with it and try to abuse Patreon.

Second is creativity. Usually it's pretty easy to tell when character got completed in the first year as opposed to a character that was finished say in the second year of development. Developers get better (hopefully) as they continue to work on a game. Whether it be improve the quality of their artwork, animations, or writing. Sure a developer can always go back to a character and rework them (improving dialogue, scenes, etc) but that just makes the finish line of the game even further away. Slowly working on characters also as the huge benefit of allowing fans to decide what they want to see. "Do you want the character to have this kind of scene? Do you want to see them in this kind of situation?" Planning a character''s story from start to finish on day one just kills imagination. I know I personally have some ideas for things but later on I am like, "Damn, it would of been way better if I did this."

Sorry for letting this get really long but since it was going to be last post on the matter I wanted to share my full opinion. Not trying to attack you or come off as hostile, so if you see it that way I apologize. Adult games can succeed both ways, with small updates for each character or huge single character route completion updates. Some games it works, some games it doesn't. Some developers can make it work, some can't. So the bottom line is I don't think there is a right or wrong way to develop a game (aside from abusing Patreon and your supporters).

Reactions: PugWug

KoropeiniKi

Sep 27, 2017
I think it's more so if there hasn't been any word from the Developer in any substantial means. You can't say a game should be marked abandoned after 3 months, otherwise Summertime Saga and others like it would be shut down every update. And some developers still making close to 10 K a month would have shut down at least 4 times over by this point.
gotcha.

Cumanji

Jul 1, 2017
C'mon prove them wrong, ffs. So long as the update is good and extensive, and soon, it wont matter the time it took beforehand.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes