Dec 29, 2018
Huh :unsure:... so 4 1/2 months since the last update... well color me surprised :cautious:...

May I ask any mod who sees this post what the requirements are for placing a game on the on hold or abandoned list? Hypothetically, if a game developer hasn’t updated a game for say... 1 year, but periodically says “it’s in development”, would the mods consider that on hold, or is it still considered active? I’m genuinely curious. Anyways, thanks future mod! :)

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Huh :unsure:... so 4 1/2 months since the last update... well color me surprised :cautious:...

May I ask any mod who sees this post what the requirements are for placing a game on the on hold or abandoned list? Hypothetically, if a game developer hasn’t updated a game for say... 1 year, but periodically says “it’s in development”, would the mods consider that on hold, or is it still considered active? I’m genuinely curious. Anyways, thanks future mod! :)
We're aiming for this month.

Abandoned would require us to say 'we're done' or Gumdrops levels of fuckery.

Dec 29, 2018
We're aiming for this month.

Abandoned would require us to say 'we're done' or Gumdrops levels of fuckery.
Listen man, I have the utmost respect for YOU for getting your shit done. 99% of the criticism is towards GZone alone, not you. Thanks for staying active here, but I’ll believe that the game isn’t delayed in some fashion when I see the next update... 4 MONTHS.

Reactions: obiwan and Gasanvar

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
Listen man, I have the utmost respect for YOU for getting your shit done. 99% of the criticism is towards GZone alone, not you. Thanks for staying active here, but I’ll believe that the game isn’t delayed in some fashion when I see the next update... 4 MONTHS.
Well, they have that other game that they also updated. So cutting them some slack, 4 months is still a long time but I mean MITY did like 5 or 6 months a while back, with only the one game. It's bad, but not the worst.
They say this month, I'm hoping within the next week or so.

Reactions: Turtlesweater42
Dec 29, 2018
Well, they have that other game that they also updated. So cutting them some slack, 4 months is still a long time but I mean MITY did like 5 or 6 months a while back, with only the one game. It's bad, but not the worst.
They say this month, I'm hoping within the next week or so.
That was a VERY poor decision on GZone’s behalf; splitting his time with two different games. But even in that case... split it down the middle, and he has 2+ months for each game... Still ABSURD. And that doesn’t even account for the god awful communication on his part.

As for “bad, but not the worst”, of course it’s not the worst, but it sure as hell is EXTREMELY BAD. If we’re being completely honest, you can’t get much worse than 4+ months with no update... even Summertime Saga is more consistent than that, and that’s saying a lot.

But I hope you’re right and that it does come out within the next week or 2, cuz I REALLY love this game.

Reactions: Gasanvar

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
That was a VERY poor decision on GZone’s behalf; splitting his time with two different games. But even in that case... split it down the middle, and he has 2+ months for each game... Still ABSURD. And that doesn’t even account for the god awful communication on his part.

As for “bad, but not the worst”, of course it’s not the worst, but it sure as hell is EXTREMELY BAD. If we’re being completely honest, you can’t get much worse than 4+ months with no update... even Summertime Saga is more consistent than that, and that’s saying a lot.

But I hope you’re right and that it does come out within the next week or 2, cuz I REALLY love this game.
While I'm painfully aware of some of more 'controversial' decisions production wise made, not helped by one of our animators having to effectively leave (or work at a much more minimal role) due to personal circumstances.

the good news is we've all but hired on a new artist I've found for us to replace the lost work who does an exceptional job of it from what I can see, and we're still seeking out possible additional staff et al to try make things more manageable.

TEVIN CLARKE

Oct 14, 2017
A message from Gzone's patreon page:

Hello everyone!

There is obviously lots of news to talk about so let's begin.

First of all, we'd like to thank everyone for their patience with this update, it's been a long and bumpy road production wise but we're finally at the end of the tunnel and can see the light.

We've managed to hire on some new artists and an animator following one of our staff's (semi) retirement, this should thankfully bode well for the future and we're excited to show you what we can do.

Now for the big question, when is the update going to release? Well, we can now confirm we are aiming for a release this weekend. (In a worst-case scenario, we can guarantee it will be this month).

With regards to the Coronavirus. As you know these are increasingly turbulent times, with much uncertainty for everyone.

We hope you all stay safe and take any necessary precautions. Please follow the WHO and your respective government's guidelines to keep safe.

Thank you for your support! Without none of this would be possible.

-GZone

Link to message:
:

Feb 18, 2018
While I'm painfully aware of some of more 'controversial' decisions production wise made, not helped by one of our animators having to effectively leave (or work at a much more minimal role) due to personal circumstances.

the good news is we've all but hired on a new artist I've found for us to replace the lost work who does an exceptional job of it from what I can see, and we're still seeking out possible additional staff et al to try make things more manageable.
I was skeptical of Gzone's methods before but after Maddie's update, I have become a believer. Dude took his time on that update but also delivered what he promised. So I am sure this update will be worth it too. Also, there are so many games on here that I have like 20 games downloaded that I haven't gotten time to play yet so the delay is not really a problem for me. :cool:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alright, time to bite the bullet with this one.

I'm fairly confident to say we won't release today but it'll definitely be in the upcoming days.

Unfortunately G-Zone went 'dark' all of yesterday, I don't know if this is due to the Coronavirus situation or whatever, but it's left us in limbo while we wait to find out what's happening.

So, we're stuck until we hear back and find out what's going on.

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019

I'm fairly confident to say we won't release today but it'll definitely be in the upcoming days.

Unfortunately G-Zone went 'dark' all of yesterday, I don't know if this is due to the Coronavirus situation or whatever, but it's left us in limbo while we wait to find out what's happening.

Well that's shitty, glad to see you being up front about it however.

Dec 29, 2018

GZone using the Coronavirus as an excuse is the most absurd bullshit I’ve heard in a while. The dude isn’t 65+ years old, so he shouldn’t have anything to say about it. Shit it’s March 22nd; I wouldn’t be surprised if the bastard waits until April 1st to get 1 last monthly payment. No pun intended on the April 1st thing :ROFLMAO:.

Anyways, lostraven thanks for having the guts to come out and be the one to tell this to us. Much respect for you man. ;)

Reactions: Gasanvar and ymudds

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
GZone using the Coronavirus as an excuse is the most absurd bullshit I’ve heard in a while. The dude isn’t 65+ years old, so he shouldn’t have anything to say about it. Shit it’s March 22nd; I wouldn’t be surprised if the bastard waits until April 1st to get 1 last monthly payment. No pun intended on the April 1st thing :ROFLMAO:.

Anyways, lostraven thanks for having the guts to come out and be the one to tell this to us. Much respect for you man. ;)
In fairness, the Corona thing was speculation on my part. I have no idea if that is the issue.

Reactions: Turtlesweater42
Oct 16, 2019

But the game shouldn't be out for patreons first?? At least that is what I understand from his page

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
But the game shouldn't be out for patreons first?? At least that is what I understand from his page
even if it does go out to them first nine times out of ten someone either from the patreon group or someone else will end up leaking the update. Happens with just about every game I have played so far.

Danyboy

Jul 21, 2017
It's more about the expectation on us keeping our word and hitting deadlines/communicating. Though I fully expect the game to leak.
Hello there. Which character focus will be coming update?Any Maddie content?It took you quite a long time to finish last update, but it was absolutely worth waiting, those mom scenes was great, and i am fully expecting this update to be worth waiting too. Good luck.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Hello there. Which character focus will be coming update?Any Maddie content?It took you quite a long time to finish last update, but it was absolutely worth waiting, those mom scenes was great, and i am fully expecting this update to be worth waiting too. Good luck.
Ember is the primary focus this update, but other characters Will get scenes, this and its sequel are quite special updates.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes