jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Don't continue episode 7 part 2 with your old save, there is the Nurse Kate route at the beginning of the episode so if you continue with your old 0.7.3 save you will miss it. Just select new game and start from Episode 7.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
What kind of content can we expect from the redux version? Usually stuff like that is done to improve early graphics after the creator got a better pc or something but seeing as how this is all 2d I'm not sure what can be done to improve it further. Is it mostly stuff like re work of the combat/skill point system or will it be changes to the story as well? Any new content?

Also, any rough estimate on how long the re-work will take compared to normal updates?

Anyway, keep up the good work.
There's literally I think 8 pages of bullet-pointed notes? We're going to have a sit down amongst the main team and go "Okay, I agree with this idea, I think this should come later, we can't do that currently within the budget, I don't think we should bother with that at all." Just breaking down the content workload into bite-sized pieces we can chew, and then divide it all up.

Here are the main things I think we can say we'll be attending to:
1) Script changes: Altering some dialogue, changing certain interactions we had in the past, and retconning them or changing them to better suit the story we plan to tell. Proofreading the whole game again and optimizing the language and writing choices we've since established. The script is very important to me that it sounds and feels right, a lot of this game's pull or interest has been people saying "Man, the game's content is pretty good so far, but the writing is actually really what keeps me coming back. Great stuff." Also weaving in new quests/events for episodes lacking in numerous amounts of content or diverse in content. Think episodes 1, 3, 6, and 7. These new scenes will I think allow for the more subtle build of sexual tension or desires between characters. As well as allow for characters that weren't in the game originally to exist, and we can all pretend like they really were always there. We kinda did this with Kwan already to a lesser extent.

2) New combat system integration: Getting the game's old system ripped out like a wart at the roots and then replacing it with all the new mechanics and elements that Epadder worked on. Will also allow hopefully allow for random encounters that the player can either win, lose, or run away from.

3) New Background Art: When Gzone started out, the backgrounds were all done by him, in computer software, and were often limited to "approximating" the bulk of the backgrounds to their cartoon reference. Now we're going in with Dreams software on the Ps4 and remaking them from the ground up. A better likeness to the show, more details integrated, more areas to explore. We'll be working on it so you can go upstairs in the school, actually hang out inside and outside of the Nasty Burger, have more places to discover characters just hanging around, and generally having more freedom. More areas to explore also means more places to find random ghost encounters to grind your skills with.

4) Character Portrait Rework: Adding features to the characters that weren't there before. Getting rid of the "Statue" portraits that the game started out with, where every character is just one whole image instead of made up of multiple separate pieces, like a cell animation or something. Adding in characters like Valerie Gray, Mayor Montez and Prinicipal Ishiyama. Redesigning the Lily girl at the Nasty Burger, along with giving her actual ways to talk and interact with Danny. Replacing Box Ghost's old "too close for comfort" design with his new "in frame" design. Giving Princess Dorathea green skin instead of human skin. Many other examples, most of them including just taking the new portraits we now have, and replacing the old ones.

5) Beter features: Being able to buy actual stuff in the game for ghosts to wear. Desktop backgrounds for the character to unlock. PDA App that allows you to see the affection points, skills, and general trivia about many characters, both humans and ghosts. Adding time frames like morning, afternoon, evening, night, and midnight to allow the player more chance to really explore and engage with the world. More diverse SFX.

6) New GUI: Main Menu (with new background art), navigation prompts, backpack inventory optimization, ghost selection from the Fenton Thermos, exit menu, shop menus, win/loss Chibis when you battle along with exp shown, and many other things.

7) Bug fixes out the wazoo. A lot of playtesting is going to need to happen for all of this to work.

8) Taking out old assets and replacing them with new, while also reducing unneeded or unnecessary file package space.

So, a lot of stuff, definitely in terms of changes. I'd say new mini-quests or events sprinkled in throughout the game and newly added features will be the bulk of the new content. But I think at least playing it, visually, you'll be able to tell you're playing a brand new experience.

Last edited:

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Great update as always, it took time but it was worth it. The
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
scenes are hot and the animation is still great ! :love:

I just hope now that the combat system was redone (it's much better now) we'll wait less between updates ? I was expecting this update to be focused on Jazz but I guess we'll have to wait for episode 8 ? :unsure:

Btw for those wondering what's new in this update :

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Great update as always, it took time but it was worth it. The
scenes are hot and the animation is still great ! :love:

I just hope now that the combat system was redone (it's much better now) we'll wait less between updates ? I was expecting this update to be focused on Jazz but I guess we'll have to wait for episode 8 ? :unsure:

Btw for those wondering what's new in this update :
Updates, we think, are gonna be faster once the Redux update is done. Episode 8 is also being rewritten completely I've heard because GZone thought the original was a little too complex and less of a proper "Danny Phantom Episode" that might exist. So, it's being rewritten... with a certain ghost at the helm of it, I do believe... ;)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: jowishg

lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
Is it possible to have a save from the previous version ? (lost mine).
Or a full save if it's too late :-/

Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
Okey, um, the quest with knight ghost in the woods, while entertaining, feels odd given they're in the US not europe.

So, suggestion rather than having him be a knight, which make no sense, how about making him either a fallen Native american hunter, a 17-18th century soldier, or an escaped slave?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Is it possible to have a save from the previous version ? (lost mine).
Or a full save if it's too late :-/
Anything you need to play that's new (assuming you've already played Episode 7 Part 1) will be found in just episode selecting Episode 7 again. Don't worry about save states if you played the last version.

Reactions: lucratif

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Okey, um, the quest with knight ghost in the woods, while entertaining, feels odd given they're in the US not europe. So, suggestion rather than having it be a knight, which make no sense, how about it instead making either a Native american ghost, a fallen Civil War soldier, or an escaped slave.
We're doing knights. I don't remember if we added it in or not, but we're putting in a line about how it makes no sense.

Either that, or we're writing it in that he and his mother were ghosts separated from the Ghost Zone who served Prince Aragon.

But we're not putting in runaway slave ghosts in Amity Park. Lol

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
how do i start the new quests in these update?
Episode select Episode 7. Play through the new quest at the start, then get to Ember's questline, then choose one of the new branching quest storylines choices.

Reactions: roguelikel
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes