Chikabowhow

Oct 13, 2019
In my opinion - with the new anime style you not only kick the ass of the original artists
of the Danny Phantom series, but also the ass of the fans of the series, who have found
a game in your parody that corresponds to their idea of the series.

Amity Park wouldn't even have gotten almost of the attention (and the rating of 4.5 / 5 stars),
if you'd developed it with anime style from the start!
If your insist on the new style I think many will jump off here.

If you really want to parody anime style, then use some anime crap series,
as can be found hundreds of times on the net, but plz stay away from a series
that for once has NO ANIME style.

To give Amity Park characters entirely new faces is completely incomprehensible
to me and I really wonder if you really have any idea what you're doing there.
... it's the other way around, like replacing Skyrim's Dovahkiin with Donald Duck.

Please (with cream and cherry on top) take this anime character out of Amity Park
and throw it in the garbage can where it belongs ... or send it to Japan, they can recycle it.

Suggestion for goodness ...
create a chapter where all characters will be dragged into another dimension
in which all characters look like anime characters.
- The Simpsons also had an episode in which everyone was in 3D,
- Fringe an episode in which everyone was suddenly a drawn character

BUT at the end - back in their dimension let them look again
... like the good old Danny Phantom characters.

I should perhaps add that the new Pauline is not badly drawn
... not perfect, but good so far. BUT it doesn't fit into this game.

Here is an example of a well-drawn change, which, however, in no way corresponds
to the original style, even if you recognize the character.
View attachment 1247757 View attachment 1247752

... and a good style transfer into 3D
View attachment 1247759

I really hope you will change your mind.
I see your point, but I don't think that many people would stop playing the game. Yes the show's art style may play a role in the success of the game, but I'm pretty sure most people are here for the characters (as long as they recognize them of course, which is the case here)

Reactions: Morah SDG

Gamer_Dan92

Apr 26, 2018
So I hadn't check this games page since earlier this year when I was told that because of the overhaul there probably wasn't going to be an update till around August. I came back today to see if there were any updates and was surprised to see people talking about new look/art style.

I go back and few pages and..... yea I'm a huge Danny Phantom fan, so one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed this game was how the look was pretty much spot on compared to the show. To me this helps a lot for parody games such as this one, something unlimited, and four elements trainer just to name a few.

But after seeing the new Paulina art I'm much more skeptical now. I can understand change but the excitement has died a bit. If this is what the team slowly turns to in future updates for the game I think I might just drop it.

Keep in mind I'm not saying that the art is bad or anything, I just personally like it better when parody games art looks more like original. I also know that going away from original can also be bad and sour peoples opinion on a game as I saw this happen recently with another parody game.

It's a parody of Kingdom hearts called Conquered Hearts. If I remember right they got a new person for art and changed how Alice looked (in beginning she looked more like she belonged where as new look had people saying she looked generic or like a anime slut, etc) and a lot of people didn't like it but game devs said it was too late and they would rather continue on to new levels rather than spend time fixing a world that was almost done.

That's just my two cents. Again I'm going to wait for update to really pass judgment but not as excited now.

Last edited:

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
As far as I know, the previews of the new art has only been shown to supporters, and no one has leaked any of it here.
Edit: deleted (...) and or revised.

and that's exactly the biggest mistake developers can make
... at least if they are interested in the opinion of the players.
=> First ask the players what they think about it
- before you modify the style - by using sketches or comparisons,
instead of changing everything secretly in the background. (...)

I was wondering why you want this change and I came up with the idea ...
there are probably only a few Danny Phantom fans in comparison
to the mass of anime-manga-hentai fans
... so maybe you don't care to annoy a few old fans and instead
you prefer to open the door to the anime fans.
What's the goal ... more popularity, more money?

If this game were to be completely transformed into anime style,
it would definitely no longer be a dedication to Danny Phantom
and its style that made it famous. (...)

I hope you don't go further and change every little last old style,
otherwise you definitely can't expect a standing ovation for the result.

Edit -> (...) :
I
deleted / rewrote a few phrases that (after reading it again) sounded maybe too reproachful.
The background to my comments and the criticism here is that shortly beforehand
I had to observe graphical changes in another game, which were horrific
(the new face was totally crooked and nose and mouth too high ...).
Any discussion with the developers fell on deaf ears.

I'm sticking to the fact that this game shouldn't switch to anime style
and for now I just hope for the best.

(Attention sarcasm) Oh how about this style?
You should like it when you can transform Danny into this ...
Danny_Fenton-Danny_Phantom.jpg

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
and that's exactly the biggest mistake developers can make
... at least if they are interested in the opinion of the players.
=> First ask the players what they think about it
- before you modify the style - by using sketches or comparisons,
instead of changing everything secretly in the background and
fobbing off the players with kind of "eat and die - we do what we want!"

but I think I start to understand why you are doing this ...
there are probably only a bunch of Danny Phantom fans compared
to the mass of anime-manga-hentai fans ... so you don't seem to care
about old fans and prefer to open the door for the others.
So what's your target ... more popularity, more money?

This game will definitely not be a kind of dedication to Danny Phantom anymore
... because the way you insist on your choices showed that you don't give a shit
about the style that made it famous and you keep showing that you are
not interested in what most fans prefer.

So I hope you enjoy of disappointing Danny Phantom fans.
Go further on change every little last old style,
but don't expect any standing ovation for the result.

(Attention sarcasm) Oh how about this style?
You should like it when you can transform Danny into this ...
View attachment 1248371
They had showed them to supporters...

But, you are late, they posted some a while back now. Most of the art won't change, only the sex scenes, and most of them are quite similar to what they were before.

As for your image, while funny, I don't think that Desiree or Ember will like that... They live in there, you know? XD

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
I'm getting used to the new art. As I've said before, the only real difference is in the eyes... (and not of the beholder)
I care the most about the animation quality and fluidity - something this game does pretty well

As for your image, while funny, I don't think that Desiree or Ember will like that... They live in there, you know? XD
Won't they appreciate Danny 'showering' them with his love? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm getting used to the new art. As I've said before, the only real difference is in the eyes... (and not of the beholder)
I care the most about the animation quality and fluidity - something this game does pretty well

Won't they appreciate Danny 'showering' them with his love? :ROFLMAO:
All the mess and none of the fun? I don't think they are corrupted enough to enjoy that yet. :whistle:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I very much doubt we'll do this, but I DID in fact think of this exact scenario at one point or another.
Depending on if it only shrinks the ghosts who go in there, it could get really messy! If they were not already dead, I would worry about them drowning!

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
Depending on if it only shrinks the ghosts who go in there, it could get really messy! If they were not already dead, I would worry about them drowning!
Shrinking would be good, otherwise it would be as if King Kong climbs up the facade and
stops on your level and fucks your living room while you sit shivering on the couch :eek: and
try to understand what's just happening. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

PervyBetty

Apr 4, 2017
...when the Redux comes out, I bet there's a way we could make the faces more Danny Phantom esque.
...Those eyes are a vastly different type of style. That's where I would have to sorta agree, that if we could sorta fuse the quality of art with the facial stylings of the original show, that we'd have a match made in heaven.
The only 'minus' I could give is about the eyes. DP's eyes are one of the trademarks of the show. The new eyes don't look similar to the show's...
Yeah, the face isn't quite there, but that's the only gripe I see with the new preview. Hopefully the solution will be found and easily implemented because the rest looks great. Seeing Maddie and Jazz in the new art with show-accurate faces would be hotter than the 116F (47C) heat I'm currently sweating my balls off in. FUCK, Vegas is hot!

assrekt

Mar 14, 2019
Not a fan of the new art style too. Fans' only gripe was the faces during sex scenes no one was asking for a change of the art style. Sexier yes but it's like thyre totally different persons and it totally ruins the fantasy fans are yearning for. Will probably give it a try once it comes but since its a redux of the old content I think in the end i will still prefer the original art style.

Mar 16, 2021
downloading this one but i haven't actually seen the show (watched fairly odd parents, spongebob and all those other nick toons though), would i be better off watching a handful of episodes (definitely not binging the whole thing lmao) or would it be more interesting not knowing anything about the show?

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes