sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
downloading this one but i haven't actually seen the show (watched fairly odd parents, spongebob and all those other nick toons though), would i be better off watching a handful of episodes (definitely not binging the whole thing lmao) or would it be more interesting not knowing anything about the show?
I also played this before watching the show and liked both of them. I thought I wouldn't binge the whole thing, but... I ended up doing it. :p

TGafy

May 14, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It really would be an overall improvement to the game if the new art keeps the facial features from the DannyPhantom show and thicc-ifies the rest like the pic.

On an unrelated note, do you have a rear view of thicc Sam? ...asking for a friend. :sneaky::sneaky:

btpirg

Aug 7, 2016
It really would be an overall improvement to the game if the new art keeps the facial features from the DannyPhantom show and thicc-ifies the rest like the pic.

On an unrelated note, do you have a rear view of thicc Sam? ...asking for a friend. :sneaky::sneaky:
Its weird but the face really is the most important part, I think thats why I dont like the Paulina or Maddie pics that were given as examples, they just dont look like Danny Phantom toons anymore. If the art style is closer to the second Sam pic... Im still in. lol

uchihafabio

Sep 10, 2017
Tbf, the shot they were reacting to was an overdone edit. I mean, enjoy the edit if you'd like, but I'd understand people getting upset if we just overdid the proportions like that.
If you are taking suggestions then here is mine.
PLEEEEASE DONT CHANGE THE BOOB AND BUTT SIZE, IT REALLY DESTROYS THE IMMERSION AND CHARACTER.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ReaCreations

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
GZone's style involves a lot of shading, even in the character portraits. So while yeah, I do think the example images provided are good examples of how the style can be effective, I don't think our artists are the type to do it like that. I'd agree with you, if I wasn't already familiar with these guy's styles pretty closely.

I think the majority of the people on the team are in agreement that an ideal scenario would have been if Amity Park had had Psymind from the jump. But there's no turning back that clock, sadly. His style is definitely what I'm going to want to incorporate if GZone lets me direct my own game for Team Bieno in the future. I think he's very versatile.
If I may interject here; now I've just been skimming through this discussion and haven't read every detail so I can easily be missing something here. Also on terms of what looks better and or sexier, I won't say as that is subjective to the individual.

But with that said, I also work as a freelance artist/illustrator and one thing I can definitely tell you is projects don't change design style to accommodate us, artist change to accommodate the project or the project heads find better artists who can adapt.

But I will personally say I do disagree with going with a design change throughout a game development, especially when a precedent on what to be expected has already been established by the audience. I'd also argue part of the reason why games like this; Four element trainer (to a lesser extent honestly), Something Unlimited, RogueLike, and W.I.T.C.H trainer are as popular as they are is that they try (some more and others less) to copy the design of the show while making obvious dynamic tweaks for obvious reasons. That's definitely part of the reason why I followed ad even donated to some when I could. Hell, I even made me debate whether or not I wanted to try my hand at making one for either gravity falls, star vs the forces of evil, or Fillmore.

But that's just my opinion on this matter, do with that as you will.

Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
While everybody is arguing and debating about the change to the art style I do not care, I would just like to play the game and see for myself, I mean they did put a lot of time in this. If it makes it easier for them to release updates to the game I am happy, if I do not like it I will do nothing, just read your guys posts and entertain myself by watching YouTube video's

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Hell, I even made me debate whether or not I wanted to try my hand at making one for either gravity falls, star vs the forces of evil, or Fillmore.
A Gravity Falls game would be neat but, in that particular case, I'd advocate for a different art style. The characters look too cutsy and young in the cartoon. A good compromise is what the comic did: you can see a semblance of the cartoon style in the art - however, it was 'matured' to accommodate the fact that the characters are now all 18+.
Danny Phantom, OTOH, already had a 'mature' enough art style to make the characters look 18is - as the other IPs you've mentioned.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
A Gravity Falls game would be neat but, in that particular case, I'd advocate for a different art style. The characters look too cutsy and young in the cartoon. A good compromise is what the comic did: you can see a semblance of the cartoon style in the art - however, it was 'matured' to accommodate the fact that the characters are now all 18+.
Danny Phantom, OTOH, already had a 'mature' enough art style to make the characters look 18is - as the other IPs you've mentioned.
Part of the reason I didn't make them was because of the amount of redesign I'd have to do to not make it lolicon. Especially Filmore, the one I was really leaning towards. Another is just the fAct that coding and I go together like water on a greased fire. So all I really got in paper as a handful of sketches.

• Haha
Reactions: sexypeanut
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes