Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Wow..."cough"..my word.

To be honest I completely forgot about Amity Park. I played a pretty barebones demo years back and thought this had potential.
Now I discovered the Game again, read through the thread and saw a shitshow.

Of course it is about the Art and from the tidbits I could saw of comparison the old Artstyle is just....better for this kind of Setting.
If you go for a parody of a "Western Cartoon" and already established an Artstyle so far into the development that resembles this particular Cartoon why did you feel the need to change it?
You could have just stick with it and used the new Artist for the new Game. Of course people are pissed.
Someone mentioned Something Unlimited...also a Game in development hell but its Artstyle is intentionally left near the source material and this is good this way.
Paprika Trainer which released recently as well did this also.
Camp Pinewood as well. They have all that certain charme about it.

We've since heard the complaints and have agreed that despite our intentions to improve, there shouldn't have been *as* dramatic a shift. Psymind has been great during this, asking to receive a number of your critiques and feedback so that he may improve things for the better. We don't know the *exact* way we're planning on amending some of the issues you guys have raised, but we believe there is room for change and improvement.
Nah, dont buyin it xD
I only read this: "Ya, we heard you people and see that the general consensus is that you dont like the new Artstyle but we are not changing it back. This is set in stone....deal with it".

I get the impression that GZone is just not a fan of characters being tubby/having some plump to them, even if it adds variety. His ideal model form is something like Nurse Kate, and that's generally what a lot of the other characters end up looking like.
This I could totally understand and agree with. But still...one form of improvement would have been for GZone to overcome this and begin draw variety.

There is much talk about improvements. But the only improvement you thought of was to reduce file size and to change that one thing everyone was ok with xD. According to the spreadsheet.

Oh boy, ranting over.
I wish you every luck in the world but my interest is *poof* gone.

ReaCreations

Aug 7, 2020
D...did you even read the rest of the paragraph?
honestly finding someone who could reasonably emulate gzones style is what they shoulda done from the start, instead of changing to such a vastly different style that makes the characters just look like mediocre cosplayers of themselves.

just seemed like a really really poor choice considering this is supposed to be a parody, i mean its just common sense when you have to change artists on a project you find someone who can come close to the old style, and in this case they werent even restricted to just that since they didnt 'just' have to find someone who could emulate gzone they coulda used someone who could closely emulate gzone or the show and anywhere in-between, but instead this is what they did and for better or worse its what their stuck with now since 'just go back and redo everything again' isnt really an option unless they lose a looot of their patreons cause of it which would force them to do something to appease people but that wont happen since i assume before making this style change they polled their patreons and the majority must have been fine with it.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
honestly finding someone who could reasonably emulate gzones style is what they shoulda done from the start, instead of changing to such a vastly different style that makes the characters just look like mediocre cosplayers of themselves.
I find shit like this totally perplexing. Why bother redoing the backgrounds to make them more like the show when the sex scene art is going to be so unlike the show. The ideas surrounding this redux sound completely divergent, I wonder if the team was all on the same page here.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
why was this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changed into this? I wonder
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While the old one is sexier, I can totally understand why they did that. Clothes don't do what they were doing in the old art. I'm a great fan of Kate and that change doesn't really bother me.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Swallows999

Grind Less, Fap More
Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Also not a viable option, Pregz, I'm sorry. :(
Another longshot, but is it possible to swap Gzone to Amity Park and have this new artist work on Breeding Farm? I've never played BF, but just looking at the art, it is much more "anime/hentai" style, not to mention the game's theme/genre. It feels like the new artist would have fit in there much better.

TodorokiShoto

Oct 9, 2017
Ok so new player here just want to say a thing or two. First off great game. Second off, I don't know if people have asked for this before or not and I don't care to look through everything to find out, I think some scenes should be able to be replayed in the actual game itself and not just from the scene gallery. Take Sam's first scene for example maybe they decide or lets do it again see if it gives you more orgone, and maybe it does a little maybe it doesn't. You can also make the scene a little different depending on where you are in terms of the story like maybe, if you had taken Sam to the ball and gotten her hj scene, after that when revisiting her first scene you can have Danny get off as well instead of ending the scene like it does if you pull it out. Still overall good game thanks for making it

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
It was not an intention to make it Pg 13, just more of a ramp up to the tension and the overall shift in dynamic between Jazz and Danny. I mean, you're not gonna get a full fledged sex scene between them until Episode 8, so we just wanted the first exact scene to not be fully flagrant and jarring like it was before. But no, we are not moving away from xxx content, this is an ADULT game, anybody under the age of 18+ should not play it now or in the future.
Like I said in near the end of my previous message, i cannot provide much comments until I go through this. More likely I may have to go through it from the beginning. I may wait until few updates to evaluate it from the beginning since the road maps plans been posted few times in the last few days.

I would understand that possible redesigning or art improvement may take times. Some prefer previous style, others may like the new design. I cannot comment which may be better until I evaluate this VN from the beginning.

There are several VN that may be redesigned or transition from one developer(s) to another developer(s) or changes with the developers. It will happen, sometime it goes well and others may not. These does happens over time.

Again, since there been some changes and there been posting of the road map of the developments, I will wait after few updates to evaluate this VN again. Hopefully this VN goes well, otherwise I will be able to provide some comments when the time comes.

Have a great day and be safe.... (y)

Gamer_Dan92

Apr 26, 2018
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't remember, over time are the old scenes going to be replaced with newer look or are they leaving them as is? Do old saves work or do we have to start over?

As a huge Danny Phantom fan and someone who has played this game since the beginning I used the code to look over the newer scenes really quick and gotta say for me it's hit or miss. In my opinion some characters still look good for the most part like Maddie and Desiree but then I look at scenes with Paulina, Jazz, Valerie, and to a lesser extent Star and I feel like they look off now.

As I said in a earlier comment I am not saying that the new art is terrible by any means. Just that I personally prefer parody games to look more like the official look of whatever it is parodying. I will say the overall quality does in fact look good and animations were smoother but I feel like something has been lost changing how characters look.

Yes I'll admit if game had looked like this at the beginning I would have been happy to just have a DP fan game. But the fact we've gone from looking like the show to what we have now.... I don't know, kind of animeish? Is the best way I can describe how some of the new characters look. I would go into detail on certain characters but don't want to spoil anything for those who are playing through to see scenes that way.

To sum my thoughts up, the game isn't dead to me and I'm not dropping it for now but I do feel like something has been lost in this art transition as a fan of both the series and this game. I think as long as the story is good I'll stick around but we shall see. To anyone who read all of this thank you, and to people working on this game, I can see all the hardwork that is being put into each update. Keep up the good work.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't remember, over time are the old scenes going to be replaced with newer look or are they leaving them as is? Do old saves work or do we have to start over?
I believe the original plan was to redo the entire artwork, but they might've concluded it would take a loooot of time. So, they've redone some of the sexy parts for now and will do the rest during the next updates instead of all at the same time.

whats the new maddie stuff? (if any)
There's no new content for existing characters. New stuff is only for Valerie

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Ok, one problematic UX thing: scrolling up in this screen will make the game rollback. I'd rather have it scroll up the list of quests. Scrolling down does nothing, when it should move the quest list. Same thing in the player stats screen

1626299305663.png

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes