3.40 star(s) 193 Votes

rejejvaca

Jun 15, 2017
Super Alex was very consistent in Lucky Mark. The game is sometimes hard to track, but sure is hot and with a great build up. Amnesia had everything for him to raise the level even more. But... too long for too little.

AJSHR

Jan 12, 2019
Well i guess updates are little frequent even if nothing is moving forward and you get like max small 4 events to play.
They should at least update the "gallery" they have even if the content in the updates are so low so people actually remembers what was actually happening before

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy", line 83: unexpected EOF while parsing
    current_background = "images/Free Roams/Mall/bg Mall photo.webp"\

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.3.2.24090902
Sat Oct  5 10:47:46 2024
I found earlier reference to this, but I'm downloading the windows version and running it using the renpy sdk for mac. doesn't seem to work for this one.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy", line 83: unexpected EOF while parsing
    current_background = "images/Free Roams/Mall/bg Mall photo.webp"\

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 8.3.2.24090902
Sat Oct  5 10:47:46 2024
Do not use UNREN and then try to run the game from that folder. It will try to compile all the rpy-files ...

I always run the game from a clean installation and just replace the script files that I want to change.

Also : the game uses script version (7, 7, 1)

CharleyT

Jun 12, 2018
Well damn, I was excited to see this update, but I already had to delete it....every time I used the phone, the screen just froze forever and I couldn't get out of it. ‍♂

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Well damn, I was excited to see this update, but I already had to delete it....every time I used the phone, the screen just froze forever and I couldn't get out of it. ‍♂
That is a known problem. See the following post for a fix.

Phone SMS Message problem

So short summary for the Phone SMS problem in v0.100a (and earlier versions) :
It seems that there is a conflict between modal screens and the pause function in renpy. For some reason this worked in older renpy versions but not in the version used by the game now.

The result is that the game gets stuck when the mc tries to send a message (SMS) and the script uses "pause".
This is probably only a problem for players starting a new game.

A solution is to replace the "pause value" statements with "$ renpy.pause(value, modal=False)" in the file game\scripts\Global\phone SMS and Call.rpy.
I did this and it worked for me.

I attached my modified rpy-file.

If you get stuck due to this bug,
- create the folder game\scripts
- create the folder game\scripts\Global and
- place the attached file "phone SMS and Call.rpy" in the folder "game\scripts\Global".

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017

Do not use UNREN and then try to run the game from that folder. It will try to compile all the rpy-files ...

I always run the game from a clean installation and just replace the script files that I want to change.

Also : the game uses script version (7, 7, 1)
You mean I need to use the Ren'Py 7 sdk instead of 8?

I'm not using unren. I'm downloading the windows archive and loading it through the Ren'Py sdk on a mac. Works for 99% of games

Sackbirne

Jan 9, 2022
The game itself is not bad. But the updates are always too short. And after 4 1/2 years there's hardly any plot... Everyone shuts up... Nobody tells you what happened. What's that? How long is this supposed to go on?

And the protagonist is such a HUGE pussy... He constantly lets his mother put him down... I could puke... In a jet... to the moon.
I demand more balls for the protagonist, more sex, more story... Something that makes sense.

I remember playing the game 2 years ago and I was just as smart at the end as I am now after v0.100. I still don't know what happened. How can you get so stuck on the spot.
Huge potential wasted.

Reactions: SlickRoy

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
You mean I need to use the Ren'Py 7 sdk instead of 8?

I'm not using unren. I'm downloading the windows archive and loading it through the Ren'Py sdk on a mac. Works for 99% of games
At first I saw only the error message you posted.

Since the archive only contains "game\scripts\Free Roams\Mall\Free Roam Mall 1.rpyc", I thought you used unren to decompile the rpyc-files.

Your error :
"File "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy", line 83: unexpected EOF while parsing"

I got a similar error when accidentally running the game from the folder where I unpacked and decompiled everything with unren which then forced renpy to compile all the rpy-files again :
Code:
File "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy", line 84: invalid syntax
            show screen GUI
                ^
So it seems that your tool stopped decompiling the file when it ran into that invalid syntax

Code:
    label FreeRoam_Mall_1.Photo:
        $ current_label = "FreeRoam_Mall_1.Photo"
        $ current_background = "images/Free Roams/Mall/bg Mall photo.webp"\
        show screen GUI
        call screen FreeRoam_Mall_1_Photo
        screen FreeRoam_Mall_1_Photo:
I think it is the unexpected character '\' at the end of line 83 :

I removed the character from my rpy-file and the compile-error vanished.

Try the attached file at the correct path "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy" :

Last edited:
Reactions: Penfold Mole

godscoper

Jul 16, 2023
The game itself is not bad. But the updates are always too short. And after 4 1/2 years there's hardly any plot... Everyone shuts up... Nobody tells you what happened. What's that? How long is this supposed to go on?

And the protagonist is such a HUGE pussy... He constantly lets his mother put him down... I could puke... In a jet... to the moon.
I demand more balls for the protagonist, more sex, more story... Something that makes sense.

I remember playing the game 2 years ago and I was just as smart at the end as I am now after v0.100. I still don't know what happened. How can you get so stuck on the spot.
Huge potential wasted.
see you in 5 years when we know the plot, since each update is only 45 seconds

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
At first I saw only the error message you posted.

Since the archive only contains "game\scripts\Free Roams\Mall\Free Roam Mall 1.rpyc", I thought you used unren to decompile the rpyc-files.

Your error :
"File "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy", line 83: unexpected EOF while parsing"

I got a similar error when accidentally running the game from the folder where I unpacked and decompiled everything with unren which then forced renpy to compile all the rpy-files again :
Code:
File "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy", line 84: invalid syntax
            show screen GUI
                ^
So it seems that your tool stopped decompiling the file when it ran into that invalid syntax

Code:
    label FreeRoam_Mall_1.Photo:
        $ current_label = "FreeRoam_Mall_1.Photo"
        show screen GUI
        call screen FreeRoam_Mall_1_Photo
        screen FreeRoam_Mall_1_Photo:
I think it is the unexpected character '\' at the end of line 83 :

I removed the character from my rpy-file and the compile-error vanished.

Try the attached file at the correct path "game/scripts/Free Roams/Mall/Free Roam Mall 1.rpy" :
Yes, that little bugger has been happening for a couple of years at least now. Each time you try to decompile this game, that reverse slash appears at that line. Each time you have to delete it and then it works.
How it gets there is unknown. Could be a rare unrpyc bug that creates it...

Reactions: f96zonetrooper

lis301

Sep 19, 2019
Usually developers try to build up the passion, and these are trying their best to slow it down. I wonder how much more boring the next update will be :) Every update is now just an extra scene with no story

Xarvi

Jul 14, 2017
Is there a way to open the patch.rpyc and just add a few more lines to change some more text? I still get referred as "your friends son" etc. I have 0 programming experience but I feel like it should just be copying some already existing lines in the patch and changing the text?

3.40 star(s) 193 Votes