3.50 star(s) 187 Votes

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Maybe im to dumb but i cant go to finding the toilet, without a waktrough is mesed up the gameplay, i think some guy like this to found the secrets but for me is slow down maybe because i have hvy illinessn on my eye and is hard to me to lock in full image display to find the spot to click on it. But this is only my opinion dont do hardly on me please, and i play with mod and is hard to play.
Click on the Stars

Reactions: The Sailor Man

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
compressed version please
you mean you need german version of the game?
(that is the only change in latest (0.5b) version)
if thats true, sorry, no compressed version available.
if not, just search this thread for "compressed" and you should find 0.5a compressed version there (not sure why it is unlinked from the op, it could stay as 0.5a).
if you have problem with missing images in compressed version, also do search the thread and you should find fixes for that.
good luck

bradloserkid

May 8, 2017
Since gigan said that he won't be working on this patch any more, I made a slightly modified text filter that uses regular expressions. This way I was able to replace more words and word combinations while using correct capitalization and trying to avoid unwanted replacements, e.g. "mom" in the word "moment".

The new patch also sets variables "mother" and "sister" to "mom" and "sister" at high init level and utilizes Ren'Py's after_load label to do the same for old saves while trying to avoid conflicts with after_load label(s) added by someone else.

I used it myself to play the part of the game added by v0.5a of the game and tested it on older parts where replacements were needed.
It is still possible that some replacements may occur in wrong places, creating new awkward grammatical errors that don't exist in the original text (although I didn't notice any in v0.5a). To make a player to be able to detect such mistakes I added a toggle key to the text filter to make it possible to easily switch between filtered and original text (to switch incest mode off and on).

Any time you suspect that dialog text may be erroneously altered by the incest patch, you can now just:
  1. Roll back as many steps as you need;
  2. Press Alt+i (mnemonic: "Alternative"+"Incest") to toggle incest mode (A notification tells you about its new status);
  3. Play through the part of the game again to see original unaltered text and (optionally) let me know about the problem;
  4. You can press Alt+i again to switch back to incest mode.
The patch should work for future versions of this game without any modifications, but it may be unable to make any new kind of necessary replacements introduced by newer versions. I will update the patch when needed and when I am able to find time for it.

A potential problem: There is no way to detect when the word "housemate" is used for a sister. So far it has been used only in one place as "younger housemate" and this pair of words gets replaced correctly with "younger sister", but any future occasions may be mistakenly replaced by the word "brother". My only hope is that not the plain word "housemate" itself but the variable sister will be used in the future versions, as it already has been done in the current v0.5a.

P.S. Text of this game still obviously needs proofreading. Fixing grammar errors in the original text is not what this patch is meant for.

How to patch the game:

Extract the zip file into the main folder (where the game exe is) , just like you did with the original one made by gigan.
I'm getting this error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/zz_patch.rpy', 1615832291, 1) is defined twice, at game/zz_patch.rpy:1 and game/zz_patch.rpy:36.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/zz_patch.rpy', 1615832291, 1) is defined twice, at game/zz_patch.rpy:1 and game/zz_patch.rpy:36.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm getting this error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 456, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\HP\Downloads\system\Amnesia-version_0.5b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 439, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
This doesn't look like the patch was added to a clean version of the game downloaded from the OP.

Usually this kind of an error message pops up if the game has been compiled and its script files packed into a *.rpa file and then a copy of a rpy file with the same name and same variables as one of the files inside the rpa gets added to the game.
Then on the first run the game throws an error as if there are two copies of the same file in the exact same folder, while one of them is actually inside the rpa archive.
Since the message is about having another copy of the zz_patch.rpy in the game subfolder, a copy of it has to be inside one of the rpa files already. Which is not the case with a clean copy of the game from the OP.

On the second run usually the game starts normally in such case. So you could just try to start it again for starters.

In case it doesn't work then you better spill the beans about where did you downloaded the game or what kind of a modification you added to it? Because my patch works with the game in the OP just fine and to find out why yours doesn't I have to find out what happened to it.

Or get a clean version from the OP, extract it, add IC patch to it and try to run it before adding anything else.

Last edited:

bradloserkid

May 8, 2017
This doesn't look like the patch was added to a clean version of the game downloaded from the OP.

Usually this kind of an error message pops up if the game has been compiled and its script files packed into a *.rpa file and then a copy of a rpy file with the same name and same variables as one of the files inside the rpa gets added to the game.
Then on the first run the game throws an error as if there are two copies of the same file in the exact same folder, while one of them is actually inside the rpa archive.
Since the message is about having another copy of the zz_patch.rpy in the game subfolder, a copy of it has to be inside one of the rpa files already. Which is not the case with a clean copy of the game from the OP.

On the second run usually the game starts normally. So you could just try to start it again for starters.

In case it doesn't work then you better spill the beans about where did you downloaded the game or what kind of a modification you added to it? Because my patch works with the game in the OP just fine and to find out why yours doesn't I have to find out what happened to it.

Or get a clean version from the OP, extract it, add IC patch to it and try to run it before adding anything else.
Weird. I downloaded it from the OP, applied the patch and that's it.

The only thing funky I did was put the patch in both the Amnesia folder and the Amnesia/game folder since I wasn't sure where it belonged. I deleted it from the Amnesia folder but I get the same error.

The game worked the first time I ran it (might have crashed once and had to reopen) but several days later, it pops up that error every time.

I guess I'll just redownload and try again?

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017

The only thing funky I did was put the patch in both the Amnesia folder and the Amnesia/game folder since I wasn't sure where it belonged. I deleted it from the Amnesia folder but I get the same error.

The game worked the first time I ran it (might have crashed once and had to reopen) but several days later, it pops up that error every time.

could you maybe can make a screenshot from the main folder (where the exe is) and from the subfolder game? maybe there exist a file what cause it.It should be look like the screenshoots.Ignore the folders "original" and "Amnesia - Verknüpfung" this is for me

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017

Yep, then you must still have two of these files. This is what you did wrong.

Deleting just zz_patch.rpy won't help anyway, you have to delete zz_patch.rpy and its compiled version named zz_patch.rpyc that Ren'Py created.

The patch can be anywhere inside the 'game' folder (subfolders included), but since you extracted or copied the contents of the zip both into the root (Amnesia) folder and into the 'Amnesia\game' subfolder, you had one zz_patch.rpy in the 'Amnesia\game' folder and one in 'Amnesia\game\game' folder.

It means you have to remove zz_patch.rpy and zz_patch.rpyc from one of those folders.

Last edited:
Reactions: House Of Black
3.50 star(s) 187 Votes