3.50 star(s) 187 Votes

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017

Hello!
Everyone is anxious to know when the 0.3 release will be. But the biggest problem here is that I don't know it myself, as it depends on the developer who still hasn't fixed everything that needs to be fixed. But he's working on it, slowly, but he's working.
I have come to the conclusion that my complete lack of knowledge in Renpy creates problems that I cannot solve.
This state of affairs does not suit me. I don't want to depend on anyone other than myself. Therefore, there is only one way out of the situation - I have to master this engine myself in order to be able to objectively assess the amount of work, to be able to edit the code myself and fix errors in it.

Of the pros:
First, I can improve the script to make it as easy as possible to translate into game code. Because I will understand the syntax and features of the pyton programming language.
Secondly, I will be able to objectively assess the amount of work done by the programmer, the timing of work and the quality of his work in order to have leverage of pressure and encouragement.
Thirdly, I will be able to fix the shortcomings myself when testing the game, which will undoubtedly speed up this process.
Cons:
First, I will spend time on routine processes that will distract me from my creativity.
Secondly, I specifically delegated this work with the code, because it does not bring me the former pleasure. I prefer creating beautiful content rather than messing around with lines of code. Although without a doubt, when I get the result I intended and the scripts work as they should, it gives me pleasure. But only at the very end. And the process itself can hardly be called exciting.

From today I will try to figure out the renpy training in order to estimate how much it will be laborious.
Over the past weeks, I have closed a lot of my "debts". Things that I wanted to implement in the game for a long time, but I didn't even have a concept. All materials have now been prepared. This is a new gallery system, achivas, additional character parameters, discord.
Also, from tomorrow, I will begin to share with you all that I have been working on recently, my concepts that I plan to add to the game. I also want to try to share with my patrons all stages of development (spoilers, drafts, etc.). I also have a few questions to vote, and I would like to hear your opinion. In general, I want to try to build our dialogue in a different way. How interesting it will be for you and how it will turn out - we will compare this later when we try.
Stay in touch

Just sum lame excuses to me.

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
I think she should have stayed on the Unity engine instead of Ren'py, I don't know if it was exactly she who programmed Lucky Mark or had to hire someone, but what cost her time in this new game, it took 10 months to deliver 2 updates. But Lucky Mark on other occasions was a game with a lot of errors and bugs, and this new game from Ren'py doesn't have many. Well, I hope everything goes well and that this game has at least more sexual content, because in the previous game, even though he was good, he owed a lot.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I cannot laugh enough. She went radio silence then to bring up this lame excuse to milk more of her patrons. I just cant believe how much bold guy can get. Devs wouldnt do such stunts if they were known physically IRL. The anonimity of this makes them irresponsible knowing they dont need to give a shit

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
Is anbody know Vren (developer of Lab Rats, Lab Rats 2), I dont wanna advertise his game here. ((Its a mess lots of bugs and very different style (resource management), so people who liked Lucky Mark has little chance liking that, (especially that uses random charcter generator, so many non important character just build up from modular parts, you can imagine how inferior that graphic compare to some methodically drawn and edited pictures.)) But check out his patronage site, he got an absolute detailed weekly list, what he did, why, what he plans to do next week, why, how. So even when he face problems with coding give us detailed description whats the problem, what are his ideas to go around it. Benefit of that kind of comunication is not just acual trust, but quite a few times he got hint and helps from the community in comments. Until I see that kind of communication from Alex she wont see my money, because all she gave us smokes and mirrors for months.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

Hello!
Everyone is anxious to know when the 0.3 release will be. But the biggest problem here is that I don't know it myself, as it depends on the developer who still hasn't fixed everything that needs to be fixed. But he's working on it, slowly, but he's working.....
i wouldn say its a lame excuse, no...its more like split-personality - she/he doesnt know who she/he actualy is..there are few roles, coder, developer, pr...and she/he is lost there.:WeSmart:

yet everything is good as long as 400+ patrons are there.
and she/he didnt pause patreon for once?

such a shame, this looked like a more than promising game, hot ladies, story..all of it goes to waste most likely.:FacePalm:
damn renpy, why are you so hard to learn/understand:KEK:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
yeah lets wait for her to learn how to code renpy instead of finding a different coder. but we all know this isnt just a coder problem at this point.
what is more stunning to me - just read a few patrons posts bellow that "update"news...sheep should be used for the wool whenever possible..and those are some first class sheep - gumdrop, rainces, icstor level for sure.

arkypoub

Nov 18, 2018
When you read it, it seems that we are talking about coding a rocket for the NASA to send it on Mars. Srly ? We are talking about Renpy which is based on Python, a very basic coding language in an engine where most of the usefull requests are already defined. To read such message is kinda ridiculous at this point.

I don't understand how the dev can move from steady monthly releases for his previous game to something like 2 updates in a year... Pretty bad imho as he has a real artistic talent.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well..so basically...for the immediate short to long term...this VN is dead then.

I'll throw it out there now...dev wants to pass it off I'll happily continue as it is...in their vision, with their long-term planned story (with some personal changes of my own)....but I can't see this being updated for quite some time now. It is effetively dead in the water at this point.

for me thats a 100% honest apology, and pls no comeback to unity, that´s utterly shitty engine

and i always thought renpy is the easiest engine but i have no clue
Unity is an excellent engine...for what it's best at. For a VN...it's a little wasted.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
i wouldn say its a lame excuse, no...its more like split-personality - she/he doesnt know who she/he actualy is..there are few roles, coder, developer, pr...and she/he is lost there.:WeSmart:

yet everything is good as long as 400+ patrons are there.
and she/he didnt pause patreon for once?

such a shame, this looked like a more than promising game, hot ladies, story..all of it goes to waste most likely.:FacePalm:
damn renpy, why are you so hard to learn/understand:KEK:
Man, my eyes hurt so much. Please use "they" instead of "he/she", thanks

3.50 star(s) 187 Votes