• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.
3.40 star(s) 189 Votes

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
You mean, Jaheem isn't in the basement, no construction work goes on there?
Then you haven't hired him yet :rolleyes:
It's not like he'll sneak into your basement and start working by himself, without your consent :LOL:
Would you have hired him, the construction site would be there and Jaheem would be there during the day.
He appears once, says "construction is in full swing", but the journal doesn't update, keeps saying i should go to the basement, except after the first encounter there's nothing there, no Jaheem, no half way construction... nothing.
Morning, mid day, evening... doesn't matter.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
He appears once, says "construction is in full swing", but the journal doesn't update, keeps saying i should go to the basement, except after the first encounter there's nothing there, no Jaheem, no half way construction... nothing.
Morning, mid day, evening... doesn't matter.
Alright, there must've been a change in the code, maybe there's a new bug. I'll take a look at it later today, right now I have to leave.

Reactions: LSC82

bygonemyths

Mar 19, 2023
deserved.jpg

This pedo admitted playing this game with his 10 year old daughter and this is proof that he whorships the dev. It is proof and not a grudge against the criminal. Keep it for reference. There is proof he said about the daughter thing.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Alright, there must've been a change in the code, maybe there's a new bug. I'll take a look at it later today, right now I have to leave.
LSC82 is right, when I did a Fresh start with V0.96b, I end up with the same problem.
Have attached save below , hope it helps.

(when carrying on from my old V0.95b save, using V0.96c, this issue did not appear)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
LSC82 is right, when I did a Fresh start with V0.96b, I end up with the same problem.
Have attached save below , hope it helps.

(when carrying on from my old V0.95b save, using V0.96c, this issue did not appear)
Thanks for attaching your save file! (y) I wouldn't have been able to find your problem without it.

Only after loading your save file I found that there's an impossible combination of variable values there blocking you from progressing:
Your AC_Phoenix_visit is True, which indicates that you've already visited Jaheem in the basement and talked to him (it becomes True only there and nowhere else), but your STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix is still 3, which would only be possible if you haven't visited him there yet :rolleyes: I'm not sure why this double check exists in the game, I haven't studied its code deeply enough, but in this case it helps to fix it.

To be able to see Jaheem working in the basement, STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix has to be 4.

To be able to talk to him in the basement, STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix has to be 3 and AC_Phoenix_visit False. The conversation increases STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix by 1 and sets AC_Phoenix_visit to True.

Since LSC82 already confirmed that he had the conversation with Jaheem in the basement, it would mean that the value of STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix is wrong and should be 4.

I checked the script files of 96c that were bugged in 96a and found them now to be identical with the files I fixed myself almost 2 weeks ago. In both 96a and 96c this kind of combination of variable values would be impossible to achieve by just playing the game.

Since I haven't seen the code of 96b that was released between a and c, I'm taking a wild guess that the b version had to be "fixed" initially in a way that made this impossible situation possible...

Umm, anyway, I added under the after_load label in the game\scripts\Global\defines.rpy file a variable check that will fix the wrong value of STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix if AC_Phoenix_visit indicates that you've already had the basement talk with Jaheem:

Python:
    if AC_Phoenix_visit and STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix == 3:
        $ STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix += 1
How to fix your saves:

Just extract attached zip into the main (root) folder of the game where the game launcher file Amnesia.exe is.

Please, don't try to use this fix with future versions of the game where defines.rpy may have different content!

After extracting the file just run the game and load a save file that you had this problem with. Make sure that now there's Jaheem working in the basement, indicating that the fix worked.

In case it did, you can now try to fix all your save files created by any of the v96 versions:
Just load the first save file that has V96a, b or c in its name and save it again right after loading - you can overwrite the original slot. Repeat the same with all v96 saves to be able to use them in the future without the fix.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Thanks for attaching your save file! (y) I wouldn't have been able to find your problem without it.

Only after loading your save file I found that there's an impossible combination of variable values there blocking you from progressing:
Your AC_Phoenix_visit is True, which indicates that you've already visited Jaheem in the basement and talked to him (it becomes True only there and nowhere else), but your STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix is still 3, which would only be possible if you haven't visited him there yet :rolleyes: I'm not sure why this double check exists in the game, I haven't studied its code deeply enough, but in this case it helps to fix it.

To be able to see Jaheem working in the basement, STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix has to be 4.

To be able to talk to him in the basement, STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix has to be 3 and AC_Phoenix_visit False. The conversation increases STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix by 1 and sets AC_Phoenix_visit to True.

Since LSC82 already confirmed that he had the conversation with Jaheem in the basement, it would mean that the value of STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix is wrong and should be 4.

I checked the script files of 96c that were bugged in 96a and found them now to be identical with the files I fixed myself almost 2 weeks ago. In both 96a and 96c this kind of combination of variable values would be impossible to achieve by just playing the game.

Since I haven't seen the code of 96b that was released between a and c, I'm taking a wild guess that the b version had to be "fixed" initially in a way that made this impossible situation possible...

Umm, anyway, I added under the after_load label in the game\scripts\Global\defines.rpy file a variable check that will fix the wrong value of STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix if AC_Phoenix_visit indicates that you've already had the basement talk with Jaheem:

Python:
    if AC_Phoenix_visit and STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix == 3:
        $ STORY_Jaheem_Phoenix += 1
How to fix your saves:

Just extract attached zip into the main (root) folder of the game where the game launcher file Amnesia.exe is.

Please, don't try to use this fix with future versions of the game where defines.rpy may have different content!

After extracting the file just run the game and load a save file that you had this problem with. Make sure that now there's Jaheem working in the basement, indicating that the fix worked.

In case it did, you can now try to fix all your save files created by any of the v96 versions:
Just load the first save file that has V96a, b or c in its name and save it again right after loading - you can overwrite the original slot. Repeat the same with all v96 saves to be able to use them in the future without the fix.
I was using version 96B, now i downloaded 96C, installed your file and still didn't seem to work with the saves i had, i brute forced my way from an earlier save before Jaheem starts working, and now he's there with his bricks and the journal correctly says there's nothing more in this version...
Already went forward and did the Kate scene again, luckly that didn't cause a lot of stress for me :love:

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Recently Alex has been improving a lot with the renderings but there still something that feels lacking throughout the game but I can't seem to point it. Also, does anyone able to predict when the next update is?
I doubt that the release date of the next version is known to anyone, probably even the developers. If we take into account that the interval between releases of the last three updates was 1.5 -2 months, plus the New Year ahead, then I think we won't have to wait for anything earlier than the second half of January or early February. I will be glad to be wrong.
As for the renders, I don't see any problems with them, I'm more annoyed by the software bugs in this game.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I was using version 96B, now i downloaded 96C, installed your file and still didn't seem to work with the saves i had,...
That's weird. I used the same save file of yours to test the fix and it worked just fine for me. :unsure:
Frankly, I don't see how it's even possible for it not to have any affect at all if the file gets added at least into one of the subfolders of the 'game' subfolder.
In case it gets dropped into a wrong subfolder, it should throw a bunch of errors about variables being defined twice while starting the game and in case it's in the correct subfolder, Ren'Py should use it instead of the original one. In no way would it be possible for Ren'Py to ignore it, unless it's not in one of the subfolders of the 'game' subfolder.

The correct path should be 'game\scripts\Global\defines.rpy'

Could you check that it is in the correct subfolder? You got yor save file from the 'saves' subfolder right next to the 'game' subfolder, the file should be inside it, at the path specified above.

I just tested it again on a cleanly extracted v96c without any patches or mods and without extracting rpa's. (Previously my rpa-files were extracted and rpyc files decompiled, I used the incest patch and my own transparency patch)
It worked on your own save file:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: LSC82

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
That's weird. I used the same save file of yours to test the fix and it worked just fine for me. :unsure:
Frankly, I don't see how it's even possible for it not to have any affect at all if the file gets added at least into one of the subfolders of the 'game' subfolder.
In case it gets dropped into a wrong subfolder, it should throw a bunch of errors about variables being defined twice while starting the game and in case it's in the correct subfolder, Ren'Py should use it instead of the original one. In no way would it be possible for Ren'Py to ignore it, unless it's not in one of the subfolders of the 'game' subfolder.

The correct path should be 'game\scripts\Global\defines.rpy'

Could you check that it is in the correct subfolder? You got yor save file from the 'saves' subfolder right next to the 'game' subfolder, the file should be inside it, at the path specified above.

I just tested it again on a cleanly extracted v96c without any patches or mods and without extracting rpa's. (Previously my rpa-files were extracted and rpyc files decompiled, I used the incest patch and my own transparency patch)
It worked on your own save file:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It wasn't my file, it was someone who had a similar issue, i don't know why it didn't work (and now i have overwritten the previous saves), i made a mess changing versions to see if it would fix it and then later installed your thing(unfortunately Jaheem never popped back in on my final save and the journal was still stuck), so at the end i'm not much help on this issue since i decided to rush from a pre-Jaheem save(with your fix still in).
Now everything works for some reason.

Thanks for your efforts anyway (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Penfold Mole

AdultFunGamer

Jul 22, 2022
Made a simple Incest patch. I haven't fully tested it, but it should work.

Make sure Alexandra is your "mother" and Kate is your "sister".

-edit-

The game needs some serious proofreading, lol. I'm fixing some misspelling so the patch works. If anyone finds more, please inform me.
There are some Alexandras instead of Mother. Or I installed the patch incorrectly? But if I copied the patch into the game folder, there shouldn't be anything wrong.

Reactions: despaireducer

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
There are some Alexandras instead of Mother. Or I installed the patch incorrectly? But if I copied the patch into the game folder, there shouldn't be anything wrong.
The guy has no memory of anything and at times has difficulty thinking of Alexandra as his mother(he expresses this in his thoughts), since the only thing in his mind is giving her the D.
This is how i took the times he calls her Alexandra.

Hynegard

Aug 31, 2023
Can't replace Alexandra with Mother. Unfortunately, that's something the Dev needs to do. He needs some serious help in the writing department.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Can't replace Alexandra with Mother. Unfortunately, that's something the Dev needs to do. He needs some serious help in the writing department.
Why he should do that ???
The Dev does not want to be fucked by Patreon rules about incest...
The Dev does not need your SERIOUS recommandation...

Reactions: Enot1964

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Is incest so necessary in this game? The protagonist's father is dead/missing in some kind of war zone. His wife either died or (less likely) abandoned the family. The MC father marries Mrs. Alexandra Orlova, who also has children from her first marriage (two daughters). In my opinion, quite logical for the backstory of the plot of this game. Unless, of course, incest is your fetish. Speaking frankly, is incest as common in real life as it is in the games on this resource? In terms of biological expediency, NTR is far more expedient than incest.
And I guess the developers don't need anyone's advice in terms of their game's story development. It's their project. Those who like it - support them with money or are satisfied with pirated copies, those who don't like it - just ignore this project. In the language of the developers of this game there is a good saying - if you don't want to shit, don't torture your ass (in russian: "не хочешь срать - не мучай жопу").
No offence intended.
The previous comment says it all more than clearly:
https://f95zone.to/threads/amnesia-v0-96c-extra-super-alex.44511/post-12255578

Last edited:

Hynegard

Aug 31, 2023
Why he should do that ???
The Dev does not want to be fucked by Patreon rules about incest...
The Dev does not need your SERIOUS recommandation...
Is incest so necessary in this game? The protagonist's father is dead/missing in some kind of war zone. His wife either died or (less likely) abandoned the family. The MC father marries Mrs. Alexandra Orlova, who also has children from her first marriage (two daughters). In my opinion, quite logical for the backstory of the plot of this game. Unless, of course, incest is your fetish. Speaking frankly, is incest as common in real life as it is in the games on this resource? In terms of biological expediency, NTR is far more expedient than incest.
And I guess the developers don't need anyone's advice in terms of their game's story development. It's their project. Those who like it - support them with money or are satisfied with pirated copies, those who don't like it - just ignore this project. In the language of the developers of this game there is a good saying - if you don't want to shit, don't torture your ass (in russian: "не хочешь срать - не мучай жопу").
No offence intended.
The previous comment says it all more than clearly:
https://f95zone.to/threads/amnesia-v0-96c-extra-super-alex.44511/post-12255578
It should be obvious what I meant. The game has clear tags for when the MC is talking about Alexandra, which you define at the start of the game. Anytime it doesn't happen, it's because the Dev didn't put the tag and, instead, wrote the name.

Reactions: Nemo56

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Since the developers are Russians, it should be clarified that Russians will never address their native mother as "Mother" (мать). It's extremely disrespectful. And they will not address their mother by her first name. For the same reason. Only "mama," "ma," "mamochka." Closest in English is "Mom".
It is the address to Alexanda by name that gives me reasons (quite convincing) that Alexandra is not the mother of the main character. Such an addressing to the stepmother is acceptable.
A small postscript. Address "mother" is acceptable when addressing your girlfriend, peer, with whom you are connected by close friendship. As an example: "Well, you mother smashed last night at the party!".

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 189 Votes