5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
So is there only one NTR scene in the entire game? And it's not even technically NTR???

F95 needs to hurry up and put the NTR tag in different categories so there won't be any misunderstandings or people who go for NTR to come to this game and not get the NTR cuz it's very tame or non-existent. I hate if it's just one scene that justifies the tag and there isn't really any more on top of that.
Like I said, days ago, we bitch and moan because it is in there. Now the other half shows up and starts bitching and moaning because it's not enough. :ROFLMAO:

Trapstar102

Jul 1, 2018
I mean, it makes sense no? The better solution is if there was a community based rating system where people could vote how prevalent the tag is from -3 (it doesn't exist) to +3 it is a big part of the game. The game could have over 100 tags as long as it fit the criteria and you could see how prevalent each tag would be? Does that sound good? Well, has had it and it's been working for over a decade now :)

Does anyone wanna add tags? Or is it gonna be just me ;)
So that's what the numbers meant? I never knew that....

And that sounds like a great idea honestly. Atleast people will now understand how little certain content is and won't flood comments with too many of the same questions everytime about if such and such have a particular tag. I'm all for it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Larry2000

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018

And that sounds like a great idea honestly. Atleast people will now understand how little certain content is and won't flood comments with too many of the same questions everytime about if such and such have a particular tag. I'm all for it.
but is a tag avoidable?

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017

Yeah, basically, the tags are in the range of 0-3. It's really 1-3 but I'll explain that in a bit. Basically, if there is something that exist in the game, but just a small amount you go with 1. If it exist in a moderate amount, OR it's maybe a singular character, but is decent part of the story, you go with 2. If the game is oozing a certain tag, then it's a 3.

Now, how can it get lower than a one? Well, if there is disagreement about a tag. If I said there is NTR 3. Well, if you're a user, you can vote on the tags too. If you feel that the NTR 3 is too high, and it's more like NTR 1, you can express your opinion by using another option. -3. The -3 option says "Hey, this tag doesn't even exist in this game" and it's designed to go against trolls or people who are mistaken about tags. So if someone puts the NTR tag, someone could counter it with a -3 and cut that persons influence in half. The more people people add to it, the more accurate it gets. Well, theoretically.

For example, I actually just updated the tags on VNDB on Among the Stars. I did NOT add NTR to the list of tags because it's not technically NTR. VNDB has a better tag (that I suggest on almost a daily basis SHOULD be on F95zone) called " ". This tag better encapsulates the intention behind the the characters actions. She (Kate) didn't knowingly engage in sexual relations against the MC, just that she is involved in sexual relations with a person other than the MC because of reasons in the game. The difference is that on this site, there is no such tag, so we have to use NTR as the tag that's closest to cover all of that stuff up.

I hope that made sense. Have a good day!

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Trapstar102

Jul 1, 2018
Yeah, basically, the tags are in the range of 0-3. It's really 1-3 but I'll explain that in a bit. Basically, if there is something that exist in the game, but just a small amount you go with 1. If it exist in a moderate amount, OR it's maybe a singular character, but is decent part of the story, you go with 2. If the game is oozing a certain tag, then it's a 3.

Now, how can it get lower than a one? Well, if there is disagreement about a tag. If I said there is NTR 3. Well, if you're a user, you can vote on the tags too. If you feel that the NTR 3 is too high, and it's more like NTR 1, you can express your opinion by using another option. -3. The -3 option says "Hey, this tag doesn't even exist in this game" and it's designed to go against trolls or people who are mistaken about tags. So if someone puts the NTR tag, someone could counter it with a -3 and cut that persons influence in half. The more people people add to it, the more accurate it gets. Well, theoretically.

For example, I actually just updated the tags on VNDB on Among the Stars. I did NOT add NTR to the list of tags because it's not technically NTR. VNDB has a better tag (that I suggest on almost a daily basis SHOULD be on F95zone) called " ". This tag better encapsulates the intention behind the the characters actions. She (Kate) didn't knowingly engage in sexual relations against the MC, just that she is involved in sexual relations with a person other than the MC because of reasons in the game. The difference is that on this site, there is no such tag, so we have to use NTR as the tag that's closest to cover all of that stuff up.

I hope that made sense. Have a good day!
Yeah that definitely made sense and they need to implement those tags as well as tryna see if they can put the tag points in here to ASAP. It just makes sense to do it.

• Red Heart

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Yeah that definitely made sense and they need to implement those tags as well as tryna see if they can put the tag points in here to ASAP. It just makes sense to do it.
Good! If you care, try to fill out more F95 games on VNDB. Right now there are almost zero games that have a complete character section. Obviously that would involve having Dev's give you character cards, or users taking images of the characters, formatting the right resolution and tagging them accordingly. That is a LOT of work for one game, let alone thousands on this site. As I said, I just added tags for the game that I could remember. Maybe create game pages or add to games you already love? Go nuts! Have a good night!

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Where the hell is the safe code ? the navigation is so glitchy that it is rely trying my patience!

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Good job people, that NTR scene (maybe more) the only thing it served for is to talk about the game, and cause expectations, nothing more, now most of them don't even know what the game is about but they do know that there is a scene ntr and that's why they won't play it, to which some will say "don't play it and blah blah blah" the problem is that all the attention is moving to that label (I repeat it's just a scene for now) and As always, the devs do not clarify this kind of thing, in the end the game will end up as a group of fanservice scenes without a story, why? because those who like that content will ask for more and those who don't like it will want to remove it and the game ends in "2 paths" (the stupidest thing to put in a game) to try to please everyone.

Solution:
Simple, the dev should focus on the original idea he has for his game (if he has one) tell his story as it is and leave no room for cheap fanservice, there are games with ntr with good stories and that is really avoidable and well implemented with the context of the story (Long Live the princess for example), but mostly it's just fan service and turning the MC into a pathetic cuck without more.

Good luck to the dev and wait what he decides to do.

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
Yeah, I think this dev purposely made the NTR scene to test the ground ... Basically whoever pays the most will be satisfied. IMO a story should be supported and rewarded for what it is, not because people pay for the content or paths the story will take. Bad start for me

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The summary and the samples made come. The recent fuss made me want to try it almost immediately.

The worldbuilding is well done.
The characters are few and different. Some still needs further description.
The story is interesting and amusing.
The art is good and the models are originals.

This game is really good and amusing. The characters are interesting (though the girls seem to have a pretty similar mindset). The locations are original and well thought. The mini games are challenging without being annoying. The character sheets at the end are a good idea and relate what happened with them and what could happen in the future due to our choices.

The only issue I had was the confrontation with Kate. Though her motive seems understandable, she is too much on the defensive.

The discussion about NTR made me think about useless death in fiction. I'm always wondering why a character is killed, even in the case of an actor wanting to leave the role. There are other options like simply making the character move away. Here, the dev made Kate do a choice, not the best but not bad either. The human brain is really a complicated organ.
I may be less sensible than the majority since I don't care what the characters are doing before I start romancing them. I would be fine with sharing since it's consensual and could lead to group sex but cheating would put an end to any further interactions.

I'm not sure the dev has to change his vision of the game but he certainly needs to give precisions not to hurt some players.

Good continuation.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Damn, another thread where a very entitled group of people can't get over how another game isn't another of hundreds 100% harem game?

It's beyond toxic already, adult dudes can't just make up a big boi decision and just avoid the content and games with the tags they don't like.

End of the world, i'll tell ya.

As for the game i liked the story and the idea of not banging other chicks to get the prize at the end with the best chick, i haven't seen this and for first episode it had a good amount of content i would say.

I don't know if the dev will still work on this game or not, i can't access patreon posts so i hope he does and maybe make some story changes that will turn unavoidable scenes to not happening at all when someone chooses it.

mcteech

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2022
New version of the game is up over at itch. But I felt like I needed to do a short post here. NTR-ish parts are gone and this version will stay NTR free from here forward. At some point I will do a version with some NTR-ish content in it, but I will upload that as a separate game.

Long story short, the NTR-ish parts have been removed and the story has been edited a bit to suit that. I like the new story better because it gives me options on where to go for the future, as it stood, that scene was core to the story, and that’s really not what I wanted for this, hence it’s been changed. To those of you who gave constructive feedback around this, thank you.

I do read everything here, so I appreciate all the comments, if you gave good feedback I likely took it on board and considered it, if not, I probably ignored your post. I keep responses to few because honestly, anything you say on the internet is going to upset someone, and I’d rather spend my time creating content than engaging in discussions that won’t get anyone anywhere.

Anyway, short. Feel free to play, or not, I’m aiming for another short update at the start of November, and hopefully a larger one at the end of the year. Thanks again to anyone who’s engaged at all with the game, it is much appreciated!

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
New version of the game is up over at itch. But I felt like I needed to do a short post here. NTR-ish parts are gone and this version will stay NTR free from here forward. At some point I will do a version with some NTR-ish content in it, but I will upload that as a separate game.

Long story short, the NTR-ish parts have been removed and the story has been edited a bit to suit that. I like the new story better because it gives me options on where to go for the future, as it stood, that scene was core to the story, and that’s really not what I wanted for this, hence it’s been changed. To those of you who gave constructive feedback around this, thank you.

I do read everything here, so I appreciate all the comments, if you gave good feedback I likely took it on board and considered it, if not, I probably ignored your post. I keep responses to few because honestly, anything you say on the internet is going to upset someone, and I’d rather spend my time creating content than engaging in discussions that won’t get anyone anywhere.

Anyway, short. Feel free to play, or not, I’m aiming for another short update at the start of November, and hopefully a larger one at the end of the year. Thanks again to anyone who’s engaged at all with the game, it is much appreciated!
Oh boy this will get both angry responses and joyous responses. As long as you're happy with it dev, that's all that matters.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

Works for me either way. I don't mind that it was changed. Whether it was there or not didn't matter to me. Either way, if the new changes make you happy, then that is all that matters.

Curious if this means we'll have to start a new game or not. Like, if this is a big enough change that we'll have to start over or will we be fine loading up our old save and the changes already be reflected that it won't mess something up down the line? I'll try either way and see how it goes.

Thanks for the update! Still loving this game regardless. ;)

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems the new update is just to remove the NTR content and change a few things. No new content was added (well, not in a new episode sense at least). Looks like the Kate stuff was removed and instead she was just spying on the girls for Anton (not sleeping with him). And Adrienne is no longer Anton's girlfriend, and instead his sister now (so no relationship/sex between them anymore). That seemed like a weird change (Adrienne) as I don't remember really any complaints about that. Most of it was just the complaints towards Kate sleeping with Anton.

Eh, either way. Whatever works for you. Again, as long as your happy with the new direction, then that is all that matters. Haven't checked yet what else has changed, but those were just the two big ones I noticed.

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Before i dl it.... is there any current or planned NTR in this VN? And i don´t give a fuck about skipable or not.
If there is a chance to see a LI sexually interact with another male. I´m out. I would never spend a cent on a ntr game.
That content was removed and as far as I know, no plans to add any NTR in the future either.

Reactions: EJW

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1666409667496.png

October Calendar
Moving along, planning to have a good portion of the next update available in early November.

End of month update
Blah, what a month. Not what I expected from September, but oh well, that's life. I am hoping to have a small update with about 5 scenes

October Update
Yes, it's that time of year for everything creepy and scary :)I've pretty much spent the past week rendering animations. I did a silly

Game Version Update
Version 0.12 MEGA PC Version 0.12 MEGA MAC Version 0.12 Renpy 7.5 PC Version 0.12 Renpy 7.5 MAC So I feel like this has taken a long time

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1669525704803.png

November Calendar
Another busy month. Currently I'm planning to put a small update publicly somewhere around the 11th if time permits, so look for it on itch around then!
Ren Py 7.5:
November Development Update
MAC: . / Ren Py 7.5:
Whoo, what a week. I'm almost ready to release the next section to you all, it will be a bit of an exploration section on the ship

Pilot Set for November

So yeah. I kinda started out with an idea because it's that time of year, and things are getting colder in the northern hemisphere....
Among the Stars 0.12a

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes