VN Ren'Py Angel in L.A. Vol. 1 [v0.6.4 Rework] [DigiurgeCreations]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
That means, "Dont download this version and wait for the reboot"? Okay.
No...I'd rather you interpret that as this version being a collectors item or sorts and a preview to the new version. 0.5.3 is the first update of this game (almost completely)rendered in Iray and is worth checking out imho.

Reactions: Mormont

215303j

This version of the game is currently Banned on Patreon due to the School Setting and School Uniforms. The disclaimer wasn't enough for them to be satisfied. Don't ask me to finish this version because I have already decided to move on to a reboot of Vol.1. I will start over again and do it this time in Iray with a twist on the story. Consider yourself lucky to get this version of the game.

Due to some chagnes, this game will be rebuilt from version 0.1 and up. The reboot on the series means that this is the last time this game will be available in its Original state. Version 0.5.3 is last version of the Original game.

The Original Vol.1 was my first project. I will admit, the early work isn't my best stuff, and tbh even now I am still learning. I ask that you keep that in mind as you play through this game in it's current state, especially the first 4 updates (0.1.1-0.4.1). Despite the downsides, with time, a new rig, and some support, I've managed to get this project rolling into a game that has a lot of potential and upsides.

From 0.1.1-0.4.1 you will see renders in 3Delight (thanks to my old rig), with a few Iray renders thrown in here and there. From 0.5.3 and on, you will see exclusively Iray renders (With the exception of the dream scene at the beginning).

The Reboot of Vol. 1 will be rendered 100% in Iray. Thank you for checking out my game!
Rather than a complete reboot, I'd rather have that you'd just continue the story that people are now invested in.
Reboots take a huge amount of time before they get back to the original content, and by that time a lot of people will have lost their interest, basically making you start again with building up the fanbase.

As for Patreon, there are probably some colleges with a uniform policy?

Edit: Abandoned tag already.... That was quick...

Last edited by a moderator:

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
As for Patreon, there are probably some colleges with a uniform policy?
The school setting and uniforms were the two things explicitly mentioned in my list of violations. And before you ask, I do plan to go to SS, but not yet. The decision to reboot has already been made and I'm already making plans to go forward.

Rather than a complete reboot, I'd rather have that you'd just continue the story that people are now invested in.
The story will practically be the same. The only difference is that there won't be a main focus on school at the begining of the game. Rather, the focus will begin with home life, work, and recreation. College will come later on in the game and add another element that will bring back some familiar moments from the original story.

I won't stray too far from the original story, only enough to make it clear to anyone and most importantly Patreon that the actors in my game involved in sexual situations are indeed of age. :censored:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
No...I'd rather you interpret that as this version being a collectors item or sorts and a preview to the new version. 0.5.3 is the first update of this game (almost completely)rendered in Iray and is worth checking out imho.
You had me worried there with the abandoned tag I'll be sure to check this latest version out, and also good luck with your rebooted version can't wait to try that.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Abandoned?
I wonder why?
Oh yeah Future tags were better I said.
When I play it I will look for any of those.
Pics looked pretty good but unconvincing enough.
Good download size so I don't see the problem yet.
Oh yeah it's a female protagonist game.
Those are hard to play at least for me.
I don't like playing the part where I can't stop myself or vice versa.
I don't know. I guess I'l have to play for myself and see the real reason why it was abandoned.

Bernd L

Oct 14, 2017
The story will practically be the same. The only difference is that there won't be a main focus on school at the begining of the game. Rather, the focus will begin with home life, work, and recreation.
But give her some domestic discipline. Otherwise she could be corrupted :cry:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So just got through the latest update and I noticed a part of the dialogue that has me worried but it's after we get sent home from the coffee shop and we tell Dad what happened and why we got sent back, he goes crazy and wants to go make a scene at her work but she calms him down and tells him to leave it, and he says something along the lines of I hope she bought my tough guy act. I think for any Dad it would never be an act and he'd do anything to protect his daughter, it's minor I know but that part of dialogue seemed to stick out more.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
DigiurgeCreations
Consider not including (and deleting from current release):
d2s1 dream angel dad 1d.webp
d2s1 dream angel dad 1c.webp

Mouth-kissing children is sth off for me.

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
but angel was confronted with an equal number of disgusting monsters during his stay ;P
seems like L.A. is jus t a bad place...
Imagine a corruption game with Angel or Spike as the PC and a bunch of the Buffyverse chicks as the targets, dear lord.

Preferably Cordelia tho. I never liked Buffy/SMG.

Reactions: BruceLee73

justjoe2k

May 6, 2017
What will happen is when he releases the reboot project. Someone will post her that the reboot page is open. And will hyperlink the reboot. The new model looks better than the old. I'll wait and see what he does with the reboot.

Add text: I check the beginning of this forum. The developer of Angel In LA. He explain the banned hammer by patreon. You guys know how patreon is already with their banned hammer. If you have anyone to blame, it's Patreon.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
The girl is 18 has big tits and Patreon still had a problem with this game just because she wears a school uniform and is in high school? That is crazy! I was an 18 year old senior in high school and at private schools they have girls in uniform in their senior years with big tits AND small tits. Someone explain the logic to me? I am truly lost here.

VampLena

Jun 19, 2019
The girl is 18 has big tits and Patreon still had a problem with this game just because she wears a school uniform and is in high school? That is crazy! I was an 18 year old senior in high school and at private schools they have girls in uniform in their senior years with big tits AND small tits. Someone explain the logic to me? I am truly lost here.
Its quite simple. Patreon was taken over by the evil freedom-hating Puritans, and they don't care at all, about the differences, they hate all adult games, and will look for any excuse to get rid of them.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
I think for any Dad it would never be an act and he'd do anything to protect his daughter, it's minor I know but that part of dialogue seemed to stick out more.
The Dad in this game is not the usual protective father type. He's in on the corrupting of his own daughter. There are scenes that show this along the way to give this part of his character away. It is the protective father type personality that is in contrast to that other side of him and is his way of hiding the other personality type.

I do show him struggle with the two personalities, I am starting to think that the protective father personality should have won out in that scene you mentioned after you pointed that out.

Consider not including (and deleting from current release):
I removed those images from the script. I deleted them from the image folder when I re;moved them from the script, but at one point they ended up back in the image folder on accident because I had to use my backup image folder that still had those images in them.

I can tell you that Patreon probably didn't even look at the files, so that wasn't the issue. I explain why my game got banned on the OP.

Patreon chooses to pick on some devs and not others. Idk why I got picked on, I just did. Maybe because my game was sill in the lower bottom half of the income pool for them, Idk. Other games that have a school setting and school uniforms seem to still be alive and well on Patreon, although they are mostly HS games, maybe Daz looks too real for them. Idk, I'm sure I can find a school setting/uniform game where the dev uses Daz that is still alive on Patreon. But I would't want to use them as my arguement. I don't want to to bring attention to another game that could possibly get banned as well, so I'll just take my ban and move on with my project slightly adjusted and revamped.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Patreon chooses to pick on some devs and not others. Idk why I got picked on, I just did. Maybe because my game was sill in the lower bottom half of the income pool for them, Idk. Other games that have a school setting and school uniforms seem to still be alive and well on Patreon, although they are mostly HS games, maybe Daz looks too real for them. Idk, I'm sure I can find a school setting/uniform game where the dev uses Daz that is still alive on Patreon. But I would't want to use them as my arguement. I don't want to to bring attention to another game that could possibly get banned as well, so I'll just take my ban and move on with my project slightly adjusted and revamped.
[/QUOTE]

Sucks man. I've played the game and there is nothing here I've not seen elsewhere. You went right up to the line on family stuff, if they had noted that, maybe, but the school uniforms and setting is crazy to site. Really sorry for you and other dev just trying to tell good stories. It's too bad there isn't another platform.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
Sucks man.... ...It's too bad there isn't another platform.
There is another platform, Subscribe Star. But it doesn't have the subscriber base that Patreon has. I do plan on having both eventually. Right now I am just focusing on getting my reboot planned. Once I'm done with the planning phase I will begin work immediately on the new revamped project of Angel in L.A.

Reactions: Hoboy
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes