RPGM Angelica Origins [v0.6.2] [Kelo Games]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

hopeless

Oct 29, 2017
remakes are so stupid... now there is lesser content lol and still rgpm... some never learn...
just like Max's Life...
in game industry remakes are made on games which are at least 10 years old... but in avn industry you make remake from 6 months old games lol

Reactions: ChristyMorrigan

DarkWolf2055

"Acknowledge Me"
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 3, 2017
On it. No worries, thanks for doing the formatting work on this post! Should be good to go @CobraPL

Download: - - - -
Got the thread moved over to games, title still needs some cleanup as I lost permissions with the move, ::|:
Done ;)

sithlordo66

May 4, 2017
Why do developers keep insisting on remaking unfinished games when your just adding to development time your patreons gotta pay for and....nevermind.

U

User_32285

I really really like the first game, but this feels like two steps forward one step back.

This has less content than the previous version and it feels like Author wasted an opportunity to migrate to ren'py.

I think Angelica's looks have worsened, her face seems artificial and oddly proportioned compared to previous version, she looks so different, is that on purpose?

I hope this will improve much, but it seems like wasted time for a remake.

Even the language (in the intro, later it seems to get better, but still feels a bit "off") is the same broken english as first game, why not hire a translator if you do a remake?

Did author not have rest of the story ready and did this to gain time? I am curious about the reason of the remake.

Although I may seem to be negative I enjoyed it much, I hope Angelica "older " looks (first version) will return.

Lastly I would never be able to make something creative like this, so take my comments not to seriously :)

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
After waiting so long for updates on the original, I'm not going to even get my hopes up for the "remake".

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I'm very glad with this remake. The story and the characters are much better introduced. I can see why @Kelo Games needed to do this. And better now than continue with a game with some inconsistencies.
The renders and the use of RPG MV also improve the gameplay and the pleasure of seeing an Angelica much better.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Remaking a RPGM game in RPGM is stupid. This should be made using Renpy or Unity, as most VNs are. Does moving a low-quality sprite across the screen to talk to someone or pick up something really improve a player's gameplay experience? No. The author of Incest Story finally switched engines, and so should this one.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Remaking a RPGM game in RPGM is stupid. This should be made using Renpy or Unity, as most VNs are. Does moving a low-quality sprite across the screen to talk to someone or pick up something really improve a player's gameplay experience? No. The author of Incest Story finally switched engines, and so should this one.
And you know the author background, his knowledge and even his ideas or project for make a fact like this? Speaking of stupidity without having enough knowledge sounds very smart.

othello

May 30, 2017
i liked it, writing is far better then before
The plot is quite well known, a girl becoming an adult and experiencing her first sexual encounters. The story is a bit odd though and especiallly the dialogues might need proofreading by someone with a profound knowledge of English. The renders are quite nice and so I think the game is worth a try.
My special problem is: after playing the game for some time I wanted to save it, however it didn't work. I looked into the files and there was no 'save' folder. I added it but this didn't work either. Maybe it was because the folder didn't contain any config.rpgsave. I had this problem before with another game. I know how to save this kind of games (right click or esc, choose slot, click save and l right click again) and it worked with several other games I played. Am I doing wrong something here and does anyone know how to correct it? Thanks in advance.

U

User_32285

The plot is quite well known, a girl becoming an adult and experiencing her first sexual encounters. The story is a bit odd though and especiallly the dialogues might need proofreading by someone with a profound knowledge of English. The renders are quite nice and so I think the game is worth a try.
My special problem is: after playing the game for some time I wanted to save it, however it didn't work. I looked into the files and there was no 'save' folder. I added it but this didn't work either. Maybe it was because the folder didn't contain any config.rpgsave. I had this problem before with another game. I know how to save this kind of games (right click or esc, choose slot, click save and l right click again) and it worked with several other games I played. Am I doing wrong something here and does anyone know how to correct it? Thanks in advance.
Pressing escape should bring you to a menu that has option "save/load".

Game should make save folder in "www" dir by itself first time you save.

Reactions: Kelo Games

othello

May 30, 2017
Pressing escape should bring you to a menu that has option "save/load".

Game should make save folder in "www" dir by itself first time you save.
You tell me, that's exactly what I did. However, after choosing any slot and clicking 'save' it did not save but indicate I should choose a slot. I tried again, pressing save, same result .... With several other games I played eg. Lida's adventures, Elena's life or Sea holiday which use the same saving system this worked without any problems. Thanks for your quick answer anyway.

U

User_32285

You tell me, that's exactly what I did. However, after choosing any slot and clicking 'save' it did not save but indicate I should choose a slot. I tried again, pressing save, same result .... With several other games I played eg. Lida's adventures, Elena's life or Sea holiday which use the same saving system this worked without any problems. Thanks for your quick answer anyway.
It could be you installed the game somewhere you have no rights or maybe the directory is read only?

Try installing it somewhere else (preferably other HD if you have), start game and try save again.

nympheta

May 22, 2017
Renpy is good for VN game, but for the remake of this one, maybe the dev doesn't want to make a VN and do something more ambitious. It's just the first version, and you're already assuming what the game will be... I think you should wait further version to see how the game will be. Even if I'm agree with you that renpy is the best for VN, if the new version propose hidden even on the way to a quest, or some npc interraction like you can have in Officer Chloe, then RPG maker is a good choice. Just wait to see how it will be. And about the new version of the game, it's far better than the previous one, in writting and rendering, so I'm very confident :)

Kelo Games

Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hello guys,
First of all thanks to CobraPL to create this new thread and thanks to all people are helping him or will help him in future.

I will try to answer to all previous post to give you more informations. My patrons "talk" with me on discord chat and in patreon website, so they are more informed about the progress of this game and about my decisions. So, let start: :)

1.Why you start a remake to unfinished game? :eek:<---

-Just a personal choice, I wasn't happy about my quality. RPG Maker Vx was good but limited (No mouse, smaller windows, only windows version, etc...) And before I make this risky decision I talked with my best supporter (fortunately there are some people who helping me a lot, non only as patrons but as friends and i really need it).
Other than this, I made a big sacrife buying a new pc. I'm not a rich guy, I'm a common guy like you working to survive every day. But now I'm more happy about my results o_O. So thanks for your feedback, positive and negative ones. Just don't be too bad :p.

2.Why you don't make the game in unity or renpy? Why not a visual novel?

-There are 2 reason: First of all, I'm a self-learner. I never study or work for this kind of things. I just spent a lot of months before starting to create this game only to learn how to use rpg maker and daz studio. So starting to learn unity or ren'py scripts... oh god I don't have time now :cryingface:.
The second reason: My intention is to have a game with the possibility to walk between places. In visual novel you have only a series of images and animations. Maybe most of you prefear this, but don't worry I'm trying to create small maps and closer place. You don't have to walk too much in my game. I promise, this is not my intention.
About the future: This doesn't mean I'll never create future episodes in ren'py, unity or IDUNNOWHATOTHERENGINEEXIST :eek:penedeyewink: but maybe with a more support and with the help of someone better than me:cool: i can do it.

3.This remake has less content of old version 0.2.2!!!:mad:<----

Maybe remake is not the perfect name... mmh... is more a RESTART! ;) The version 0.1 of this remake/restart as you can see, has a new first day before the old "first day". So, all the scenes in version 0.1 are NEW! :heartcoveredeyes:
From version 0.2 I will come back to old story but... "is this boring? I already see that, uff!":oops:.
"Hey, hey, don't worry!":angel: I will improve the old scenes with better image quality, better animations (with more frames too) and NEW SCENES too, yeeeee!!! :eazyHype:. So, please give me a chance and with help of my supporters we will create a good game togheter! :)

4.This game has linear plot, it's too much slow, too much click, too much dialogues, sprite with low quality, english is bad.... "hey hey ok ok please!"... :coldsweat:<-----

Ok, what I have in mind is first of all:
-To write a story: I'm a player, I'm a patron, I played a huge amount of games and adult games but... "damn, all this adult games has no story, only main characters becaming whore and fuck everything is possible to fuck...uff!":teary:
I'm trying to create a good story but, it's early, give me the time to go on. Believe, I have a great story in mind. I hope to reach this achievement:eazyHype:. So please read the dialogues, don't try just to skip to find adult scene :tiredface:.
-About the linear plot and choices: When I'm playing some games, I hate to miss contents and I'm forced to restart again:mad:. What I'm trying to do is to give the player the possibility with the right mix of choices to NOT MISS NOTHING! So, of course if you play bad (BAD GIRL POINTS) you will unlock only dialogues and scenes that required a BAD ANGELICA. A good Angelica only talk and unlock her scenes. But a good mix of this can create the PERFECT PATHS to unlock all. You're not bad or good, you're both! Why be bad or good if Angelica can have a third option? "I want them all!":cool::eazyHype:
-About my english : I'm not english but I'm not sorry for this :eek:penedeyewink:. But don't worry, you can find some errors in version 0.1, AND I have a couple of english people from QUEEN LAND (England:)) who are helping me. From version 0.2 the english will be ok. ;)
-About sprite (LITTLE CHARACTER IN RPGM): I drawn them by myself!:coldsweat: But, hey if someone want to drawn my sprite I'll be very happy! ALL YOUR HELP IS WELCOME!:heartcoveredeyes:

END OF PART 1 :coldsweat:

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes