Votes: 134 21.0%
  • The Revolutionist Manifesto

Votes: 125 19.6%
  • All Out War

Votes: 303 47.6%

• Total voters

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Game is not dead. It is still in production just those now behind its continuation are not full time developers so it is going to take longer for new content to be released. However if it wasn't for us taking over then you would be destined to never get anything else. Feels like a win to me compared to the alternative.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Game is not dead. It is still in production just those now behind its continuation are not full time developers so it is going to take longer for new content to be released. However if it wasn't for us taking over then you would be destined to never get anything else. Feels like a win to me compared to the alternative.
If the alternative lacks bolt-ons I'd disagree.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
It's not looking good. As long as the sycophants stay and supporters keep donating he has no motivation to snap out of it. If the money dried up maybe he'd get on the ball, but you never know. Maybe he completely ran out of motivation or ideas to continue. Sad. This was a good game. When he came up with the (terrible) idea of restarting was when things went downhill. Wanting to or actually doing that is always a red flag. Especially a few updates in. Hopefully he can clear his head up and get back in the game to go on and actually finish this.

Reactions: Swooosh

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Seriously you don't pay attention to the consistent explanations on why the update isn't here yet. It's not a money thing. The patreon could completely dry up and it would still come at the same time. We are working on it as much as our families and primary jobs allow us to do. We're not doing this for financial gain at all. To think it's because milking is going on is absolutely preposterous. The original developer that originally created the game relied on it as his full time job thus the more frequent updates. When he stepped down and asked Slappy to finish it for him it no longer was a primary source of income. After Slappy took over i came on as a consultant and PR guy for Slappy because he tends to have no filter nor patience for people that refuse to listen to what is being told to them. I'll repeat this again so maybe you'll understand. The vn is not abandoned, is being worked on regularly. The writing and coding is already done. The posing and rendering is what is slowing the project down. So as much as you want to think it's dead that is completely wrong. The only eventual tag being added to this project is completed because Slappy gave Saruh his word that it would be. Please stop trying to cause panic and issues for those that understand this takes time. Thank you and as always...

Have a nice day.

fihesog318

Jul 6, 2020
Seriously you don't pay attention to the consistent explanations on why the update isn't here yet. It's not a money thing. The patreon could completely dry up and it would still come at the same time. We are working on it as much as our families and primary jobs allow us to do. We're not doing this for financial gain at all. To think it's because milking is going on is absolutely preposterous. The original developer that originally created the game relied on it as his full time job thus the more frequent updates. When he stepped down and asked Slappy to finish it for him it no longer was a primary source of income. After Slappy took over i came on as a consultant and PR guy for Slappy because he tends to have no filter nor patience for people that refuse to listen to what is being told to them. I'll repeat this again so maybe you'll understand. The vn is not abandoned, is being worked on regularly. The writing and coding is already done. The posing and rendering is what is slowing the project down. So as much as you want to think it's dead that is completely wrong. The only eventual tag being added to this project is completed because Slappy gave Saruh his word that it would be. Please stop trying to cause panic and issues for those that understand this takes time. Thank you and as always...

Have a nice day.
Rather than PR I think many would just prefer that if progress is being made then it would be good to display it. How many images were rendered this month. From that we can see month over month what the velocity is. A guesstimate of how many images the entire release will have. From that there can be a guestimate of when the release will happen.

I am a huge fan of this game, but the addition of new characters does not interest me. But if writing himself into the novel helps the new author complete the game then at least we can see an ending.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
As long as the sycophants stay and supporters keep donating he has no motivation to snap out of it.
Even though I've repeatedly said time & time & time & time & time again that the income from Patreon is beyond meaningless to me. I mean fuck, I make more in a day at my regular day job than Patreon brings in in a whole month. Why the fuck would a couple hundred bucks matter to me?
If the money dried up maybe he'd get on the ball, but you never know.
Yeah, because that's definitely a smart, rational & not at all full potato retarded conclusion to draw after I've repeatedly said that I wouldn't care if patreon completely dried up, I'd still work on the game the same way & at the same pace regardless. Because words don't really have meaning, amirite? Dude. I've said countless times here that I don't give a fuck about the patreon income. It's gone from $600 a month down to about $150 & I do not give a single fuck. This isn't how I make my money. I've repeatedly said it could completely dry up & it wouldn't change anything about how I work on the game. I work on it when I have time. That's how it is. I have a busy life & a lot of more important obligations. It will get finished, but on my time frame. Deal with it. Why the fuck are you blathering about Patreon when any half literate person should already be well aware that it's a non factor? Are you illiterate? Or just to lazy to actually read the conversation you're jumping into thus making you look like an uninformed fool?
Maybe he completely ran out of motivation or ideas to continue.
Incorrect. The script for this update has been written since March. I've already pretty much written the next update already too. It's the renders that are taking forever to create. Where exactly do ideas for creating renders to match the script come into play?
This was a good game.
I agree. It still is & will be better once I finish it.
When he came up with the (terrible) idea of restarting was when things went downhill. Wanting to or actually doing that is always a red flag. Especially a few updates in.
The fuck are you talking about? Are you talking about when Saruh abandoned the first game to remake it into this game years ago? If so, what the fuck does any of that have to do with me?
Hopefully he can clear his head up and get back in the game to go on and actually finish this.
My head has always been clear. Doing 3d renders takes a lot of time. With a full time job, plus a quasi part time workload helping a friend structure the IT dept for his company, which will likely turn into me leaving my current job to work there, multiple partners including my wife, family & all the obligations that come with that, I don't have a lot of free time. So I work on it bit by bit as time allows. I've got a couple people that are helping with renders now, so hopefully that will speed things up, but time will tell.
Creepy cuck. And PR guy what a joke
No, you consistently are the joke. You're just too stupid to realize it.
Rather than PR I think many would just prefer that if progress is being made then it would be good to display it.
I have. Numerous times. & every time, people like you fail to be even tangetially aware of it because you never actually bother going back & reading through things. You just presume, post your blind assumptions & only broadcast to everyone that you have no clue what's going on or what you are talking about.
How many images were rendered this month. From that we can see month over month what the velocity is.
So what, You want me to post every render I make as I do them here? I don't know how many images I've rendered this month because most days, I only have anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes a day to sit down & try to crank out a render or 2. You want me to spend that time instead tallying up my render count & reporting it here to appease you people? No. I have no interest in that. I'd rather spend that time doing something that's actually productive. You want to know how many renders per month? Not a lot. Some days I'm able to do 4 or 5, some days I'm not able to do any because I have a busy life. That's why it's going to take a long time if I'm doing all the graphical work. Now that I have help with the renders, that will hopefully speed up. I've said this countless times. Learn to read before you jump in with your contribution to the discussion. Maybe you might be better informed & actually have something of value to contribute that way.
A guesstimate of how many images the entire release will have
Again, I've also said this countless times. This update has over 20k lines of new text, over 100k words of new text, 14 different endings for this route alone, so it's going to be at least 800 to 2000 renders total.
From that there can be a guestimate of when the release will happen.
I prefer not to make guestimates because I don't even know when that will be. Like I've said countless times, I work on it when I have the time to work on it. It will be ready when it's done.
I am a huge fan of this game,
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully you will like the new content when it's ready
but the addition of new characters does not interest me.
Well that's your subjective tastes & there's nothing wrong with that. However the new characters were already being planned close to 2 years ago. Again, this has also been said multiple times already.
But if writing himself into the novel helps the new author complete the game then at least we can see an ending.
Again, I'm not writing myself into the story, As has been repeatedly said time & time & time & time & time again, the new characters were already being planned by Saruh & I months before he turned the project over to me. It's so damn frustrating when people like you make these comments showing just how little attention you pay to what is actually going on, because your own comments just show how abjectly clueless you are to the fact that all this shit has already been said a fuck ton of times already in this thread, but you just didn't bother to actually READ it to be aware of that.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Henry will get Ws in the future, as well as Ls because variety allows for better story telling. No one should be ok with a set end result when multiple paths are in play. A kinetic novel sure, one route one ending but with the incorporation of choice it's only logical that different outcomes will be the results. Seriously you can't expect that every choice leads to the same out come unless you're an post drunk feline.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
There are situations already in game where the L has already started. Fleshing out the complete narrative of the path the L is occurring on would be expected to be shown wouldn't you think? So obviously the Ls have to come. It was more about reassuring you all that there will be Ws as well.

fihesog318

Jul 6, 2020
Even though I've repeatedly said time & time & time & time & time again that the income from Patreon is beyond meaningless to me. I mean fuck, I make more in a day at my regular day job than Patreon brings in in a whole month. Why the fuck would a couple hundred bucks matter to me?
Yeah, because that's definitely a smart, rational & not at all full potato retarded conclusion to draw after I've repeatedly said that I wouldn't care if patreon completely dried up, I'd still work on the game the same way & at the same pace regardless. Because words don't really have meaning, amirite? Dude. I've said countless times here that I don't give a fuck about the patreon income. It's gone from $600 a month down to about $150 & I do not give a single fuck. This isn't how I make my money. I've repeatedly said it could completely dry up & it wouldn't change anything about how I work on the game. I work on it when I have time. That's how it is. I have a busy life & a lot of more important obligations. It will get finished, but on my time frame. Deal with it. Why the fuck are you blathering about Patreon when any half literate person should already be well aware that it's a non factor? Are you illiterate? Or just to lazy to actually read the conversation you're jumping into thus making you look like an uninformed fool?
Incorrect. The script for this update has been written since March. I've already pretty much written the next update already too. It's the renders that are taking forever to create. Where exactly do ideas for creating renders to match the script come into play?
I agree. It still is & will be better once I finish it.
The fuck are you talking about? Are you talking about when Saruh abandoned the first game to remake it into this game years ago? If so, what the fuck does any of that have to do with me?
My head has always been clear. Doing 3d renders takes a lot of time. With a full time job, plus a quasi part time workload helping a friend structure the IT dept for his company, which will likely turn into me leaving my current job to work there, multiple partners including my wife, family & all the obligations that come with that, I don't have a lot of free time. So I work on it bit by bit as time allows. I've got a couple people that are helping with renders now, so hopefully that will speed things up, but time will tell.
No, you consistently are the joke. You're just too stupid to realize it.
I have. Numerous times. & every time, people like you fail to be even tangetially aware of it because you never actually bother going back & reading through things. You just presume, post your blind assumptions & only broadcast to everyone that you have no clue what's going on or what you are talking about.
So what, You want me to post every render I make as I do them here? I don't know how many images I've rendered this month because most days, I only have anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes a day to sit down & try to crank out a render or 2. You want me to spend that time instead tallying up my render count & reporting it here to appease you people? No. I have no interest in that. I'd rather spend that time doing something that's actually productive. You want to know how many renders per month? Not a lot. Some days I'm able to do 4 or 5, some days I'm not able to do any because I have a busy life. That's why it's going to take a long time if I'm doing all the graphical work. Now that I have help with the renders, that will hopefully speed up. I've said this countless times. Learn to read before you jump in with your contribution to the discussion. Maybe you might be better informed & actually have something of value to contribute that way.
Again, I've also said this countless times. This update has over 20k lines of new text, over 100k words of new text, 14 different endings for this route alone, so it's going to be at least 800 to 2000 renders total.
I prefer not to make guestimates because I don't even know when that will be. Like I've said countless times, I work on it when I have the time to work on it. It will be ready when it's done.
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully you will like the new content when it's ready
Well that's your subjective tastes & there's nothing wrong with that. However the new characters were already being planned close to 2 years ago. Again, this has also been said multiple times already.
Again, I'm not writing myself into the story, As has been repeatedly said time & time & time & time & time again, the new characters were already being planned by Saruh & I months before he turned the project over to me. It's so damn frustrating when people like you make these comments showing just how little attention you pay to what is actually going on, because your own comments just show how abjectly clueless you are to the fact that all this shit has already been said a fuck ton of times already in this thread, but you just didn't bother to actually READ it to be aware of that.
It's called a project dashboard. It's how professional people keep other people informed who are not intimately aware of every last thing on the project details. Or you can just be "go read every post in the thread". I congratulate you on most likely having some IT talent because your project and people management skills look like shit based on how you manage this project

Unwatching this thread.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
It's called a project dashboard.
I'm aware of what it is.
It's how professional people keep other people informed who are not intimately aware of every last thing on the project details.
Again, I am aware. However, if you're not a contributing member of the production of this project & simply a consumer of the final product, you don't need to know the details of the production. Now if I was a conventional creator like most on here that was seeking to increase my monetary gain from this game as part of my income, or build some kind of portfolio, would it be a good practice & good PR to keep the fanbase appraised of the progress? Sure, because that would curry favor with the fanbase which would hopefully translate to more fans & more patreon income. However, as been stated numerous times in this thread, on Patreon & on the game discord, this is not a conventional project. The original creator asked me to take this project over because A, I'm his friend & B, he was consulting with me & I was helping him with the writing of the game for about a year before he asked me to take it over. When he was creating it, he did rely on the income, so those things did matter to him. However, they don't to me. I have only 1 goal here. That is to finish making this game because he asked me to. EVERYTHING else is completely inconsequential to me, including the patreon & whether or not any of the fans get butthurt about the production process. His obligation was to the fans. Mine isn't. My only obligation is to him & my word that I'd finish it. That's the reality of how it is. So again, the bottom line is, if you're not actively contributing to the production of the game, (& I don't mean a couple shekels per month in donations, I mean actually contributing work like helping with the renders or the actual workload of creating it), you're not entitled to any update's or insight on the production of the game. Any updates or communication that is provided is purely as a courtesy at my discretion.
Or you can just be "go read every post in the thread".
If I was telling you to read 1 single quote that's been buried somewhere in the middle of this thread, your complaint might have some merit. However, as I CLEARLY stated, everything that both you & Kassan06969 brought up has already been addressed multiple, multiple, MULTIPLE times. So many times in fact, that if you were to look at ANY one of the last 20 to 30 pages on this thread, you'd see at least 1, if not multiple posts that would have addressed all this info thoroughly. So if spending 2 minutes to look at any of the pages of this thread over the past year & reading ANY of the DOZENS of posts that address all this stuff is in your mind "Go read every post in the thread", well that's a sad state of affairs for you, isn't it? Because the reality is, it isn't a case of "Go read every post in the thread", it's a case of "Have the most basic, minimal awareness of what is going on outside the vacuum of your own comment & some basic awareness of the conversation", which you & Kassan06969 failed miserably at. I mean for crying out loud, the very comment that you were replying to from rhcp725 addressed a lot of this stuff. Get butthurt all you want, it only reflects all the more poorly on you. Or, you could instead realize that the error was on you, grow up & realize that your own foolishness was the result of your own laziness & willful ignorance. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just telling you what the facts of objective reality are.
I congratulate you on most likely having some IT talent
Well thank you, I appreciate that.
because your project and people management skills look like shit based on how you manage this project
That's your uninformed opinion & you have every right to it. That doesn't make it correct though & again, only reflects on you. However, I was very courteous & professional when I initially took this over & addressed all this the first 2 or 3 times. However, after dozens of times having to repeat myself over & over & over & over & over & over & over again because some lame brain, lazy, illiterate jackoff comes along & decides to to spout off their ignorant nonsense all over the thread because they are too damn stupid & lazy to do the barest minimum effort to actually read ANY, not all mind you, but ANY of the other posts before showing everyone how opinionated they are about shit they are willfully clueless about, well that shit get's real old, REAL FAST. So I'd say my people management skills are appropriate for dealing with such willfully ignorant & uninformed people that feel entitled to jump in & say "LOOK AT ME! I'M AN UNINFORMED JACKASS SPOUTING BRAIN DEAD OPINIONS ABOUT SHIT I CLEARLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!" instead of just keeping quiet. In short, if you're not going to bother having the most basic awareness of the conversation, stay out of it. Otherwise, don't expect sympathy or courtesy when you jump in & make an ass of yourself. The response you get is proportional to the manner in which you conduct yourself.

As for me having poor project management skills, again, you're only displaying how utterly clueless you are to what you're talking about. Again, as I've stated countless times in this thread, on Patreon & on Discord. I have a full time job, I also spend much of my free downtime helping a friend structure the IT dept for his company, (approx 150 hours over the past 3 months), I have a wife, kids, plus currently 2 other partners that all occupy most of my time. Some weeks I might get a total of 2 or so hours a week to spend on the game, sometimes I might get a bit more, some weeks I don't get any time, as ALL those other obligations are MUCH higher priority. I mean hell, just ask rhcp725 or Sumatra 3D. They've both spoken with me quite a bit & they can even attest to how little free time I usually have & how busy I am.

Additionally, when I took over, I agreed to do the writing & coding of the game. I had others to handle making the renders. They all flaked out, leaving me to have to learn all that shit & try to do it on my computer equipment which wasn't designed for 3d rendering. Now given that fact, plus the extremely limited time I have to dedicate to the game, I'd say if I decided to just completely abandon it, or just release the remainder as text only, THAT would be poor project management, though not really as the latter would still be fulfilling my obligation to Saruh. However, the fact that I'm still trying to work on it little by little would be, to me & most rational, grown up & not overly entitled crybaby manlets, rather above & beyond good project management. So I hope you'll understand if your overly entitled, uninformed crybaby opinion doesn't matter to me.
Unwatching this thread.
& yet, I think I'll be ok. I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over that, especially since your abject lack of any awareness of the content of the thread shows you were never really following it to begin with. Either way, take care & have a nice day.

Last edited:

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Ok just because apparently scrolling to the top of the page is hard here is another update on progress for the next update.

Sctipt- 100%
Coding- 100%
Posing/rending- in production
Post Editing- waiting on renders

The update is being worked on and hopefully will be dropping some time in February. Now this is a goal not an exact timeframe and actual release is subject to change. However we are doing what we can to get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and as always...

Have a nice day

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Any updated News?
Ignore Swooosh, he's not very bright. It should be coming soonish, We actually have a guy doing renders now & he seems to be pretty productive with them, so it may be a couple of months now. That said, you would have known this already had you bothered to read just 1 or 2 pages back in the comments on this very thread.

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes