• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

xslayermkdx

Jun 4, 2017
Will you continue to work on this game? Cause i love the game and prefer Ren'Py a lot more then RPG, and you did great work. And if you do working, when you will be able to upload cause 0.9 already released. I know its a lot of work: to play the game, to see what new, work on scenario, adding new scenes, changing format etc, but if you are working on this update, can you tell us when we can expect next release?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Will you continue to work on this game? Cause i love the game and prefer Ren'Py a lot more then RPG, and you did great work. And if you do working, when you will be able to upload cause 0.9 already released. I know its a lot of work: to play the game, to see what new, work on scenario, adding new scenes, changing format etc, but if you are working on this update, can you tell us when we can expect next release?
On a side note: If he releases this evening, my Ren'Py remake won't be out till Monday evening. Social obligations this evening and tomorrow being Easter equals family obligations. Monday is a public holiday here so I should have time enough then
Calm down guys

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
I've been working most of the day on refactoring my scripts to automate more things and make them more generic and reliable and so far everything has been working out great.

The good news:
It looks like the only manual work I will need to do for every AEA release is removing the animation loops when that option is in the menu. My estimate will be that it will take me ~30 minutes to make my releases in the future.

I've also been testing them on Elena's Life and they seem to be working out great there as well. The only thing I haven't figured out is Elena's animations which basically are an alternation between showing 2 images for 10 times which is different from Anna
Once that is done I will need to do a play-through to put all the scenes in the correct order but any release after should probably also only take ~30 minutes.

The bad news:
My scripts are now only about 90-95% complete. I still need to automate converting the (encrypted) PNG's to WEBP format and the automatic character creation and then testing. Depending on the bugs I find, I hope to do a release tomorrow night (CET)

Due to the re-factoring you will have to start a new game. Otherwise you will be getting unknown variable exceptions.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I've been working most of the day on refactoring my scripts to automate more things and make them more generic and reliable and so far everything has been working out great.

The good news:
It looks like the only manual work I will need to do for every AEA release is removing the animation loops when that option is in the menu. My estimate will be that it will take me ~30 minutes to make my releases in the future.

I've also been testing them on Elena's Life and they seem to be working out great there as well. The only thing I haven't figured out is Elena's animations which basically are an alternation between showing 2 images for 10 times which is different from Anna
Once that is done I will need to do a play-through to put all the scenes in the correct order but any release after should probably also only take ~30 minutes.

The bad news:
My scripts are now only about 90-95% complete. I still need to automate converting the (encrypted) PNG's to WEBP format and the automatic character creation and then testing. Depending on the bugs I find, I hope to do a release tomorrow night (CET)

Due to the re-factoring you will have to start a new game. Otherwise you will be getting unknown variable exceptions.
Sounds amazing and thank u for your effort, much appriciated :)

If u get around to fixing Elenas will u give us a heads up here as well or do I have to start lurking the Elena thread as well?

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017

The good news:

The bad news:

Amazing work man, truly. I'm really looking forward to more conversions. Elena is a no-brainer, that game has great content. I hope your scripts will work for Lida's adventure also down the road, I've been wanting to play that game but the the game play is awful, especially so for an RPGM game.

Reactions: Namco15

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
You are awesome!!
Hope the new scripts and faster conversion will allow you to convert other games!
Elena's life is a GREAT second game to apply ;)

Reactions: Valeck and Namco15

dofdof

Jan 12, 2018
Hey!
I'm a dev, I can give you a hand if you need to lighten your workload. ;)

Thanks for your great work!

AuroraVT

Dec 23, 2017
Thx again for the amazing work. So many games look interesting then I see rpgm in title and pass it by.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Skipped at light speed so I have the game ready for the next update (and saving some scenes I like to relive later ;)), and found no bugs, at least, not that I could see at that speed lol.
Yuo are awesome dude, this is one of my fav games

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
The scene is there since you see it but the scene depends on certain triggers.

But there is a mistake in the triggers, I see it now.
The "tell him the truth" scene is there twice in the RPGM game depending on previous choices in the game flow.

In my game you always see the second scene but the LAN party scene uses the trigger from the first scene which is off course still set to False.

workaround: open the console after the scene with Andrew and set "scene_169_tellhimthetruth = True" to trigger the LAN party BJ with Timothy

workaround #2: open scenes.rpy in the game folder and change line 8463 and line 9055 to
if scene_174_tellhimthetruth == True:

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
I have attached a small 7zip file to my first post with which you can patch the game:

- It fixes the variable used for the LAN party scene. You needed a work-around for the BJ scene

- Replay room: the replay room is now fully working and is completely unlocked from the start of the game.
If the scene requires any variables from earlier scenes you will now get a menu option asking to set these variables to either True or False for the replay only. This way you can easily see all the scenes in all their variations.

Have Fun, and as always: Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Reactions: jpostel and Graybo
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes