Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Yup, i've been echoing this discussion for a long time. Most RPGM games badly need to be ported to Renpy because they never should have been anywhere near RPGM to begin with.

I'd actually happily welcome some more 18+ games in RPGM that were explicitly designed for the engine and its structure and features.

But titles like Anna, or other games that are actually visual novels, i don't think i could go through it again at this point.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Yup, i've been echoing this discussion for a long time. Most RPGM games badly need to be ported to Renpy because they never should have been anywhere near RPGM to begin with.

I'd actually happily welcome some more 18+ games in RPGM that were explicitly designed for the engine and its structure and features.

But titles like Anna, or other games that are actually visual novels, i don't think i could go through it again at this point.
I still to this day havn't tried a single 18+ that's worth playing that also benefited from being RPGm instead on Renpy.. Not saying there might not be one, just never came across one.

• Angry
Reactions: El_Loco

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I think the Treasure of Nadia is doing a fairly good job with the RPGM, atleast one of the better ones out there.
It's a nice looking game, but do you think it benefits from RPGm? Personally I found the gameplay tideous and not worth the effort. Just unlocking the scenes was good though :) but as a story driven VN it could have been excellent.

• Angry

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I still to this day havn't tried a single 18+ that's worth playing that also benefited from being RPGm instead on Renpy.. Not saying there might not be one, just never came across one.
In that case give Noxian Nights a go, it is a very good one made by those who are making Kingdom of Deception. Pretty good usage of the rpgm honestly. Adorevia last time I played was around 2.1 or something was also doing fairly well with the RPGM. There are a few out there doing good by actually giving you a good mix of story and combat and what not, kinda as if you are playing old school final fantasy or dragon warriors but 18+. Those are what I personally can recommend as those are the 2 I actually played that done it very well.

But yeah, any "insert name" adventure/life/corruption game pretty much are just VN's in disguise using a engine to drag things out.But yeah thank god there are quite a few people out there willing to convert these games in to Ren'py for us. There are quite a few out there with good stories and renders but running on that engine for no other reason because it is a convenient engine where you can use the basic excuses and a lot of people just swallow it up.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
In that case give Noxian Nights a go, it is a very good one made by those who are making Kingdom of Deception. Pretty good usage of the rpgm honestly. Adorevia last time I played was around 2.1 or something was also doing fairly well with the RPGM. There are a few out there doing good by actually giving you a good mix of story and combat and what not, kinda as if you are playing old school final fantasy or dragon warriors but 18+. Those are what I personally can recommend as those are the 2 I actually played that done it very well.

But yeah, any "insert name" adventure/life/corruption game pretty much are just VN's in disguise using a engine to drag things out.But yeah thank god there are quite a few people out there willing to convert these games in to Ren'py for us. There are quite a few out there with good stories and renders but running on that engine for no other reason because it is a convenient engine where you can use the basic excuses and a lot of people just swallow it up.
Cool, glad to hear someone made it work. I checked both Noxian and Adorevia but havn't tried and most likely won't since I find the artwork quite subpar unfortunatly :/ thank you nonetheless

• Angry

kirk11

Apr 1, 2020
Ren'py you can just mash that space button or hold it and your done, RPG Maker games using a mouse is fine for sure, so long as the RPG Maker game has elements that utilizes the RPGM engine, meaning combat, inventory system, leveling system etc.

Games like Anna Exciting Affection or pretty much interactive novels, the RPG maker which makes you walk around is just to mask things and make it LOOK like the game is much longer then it actually is.

Games that do this. Anna Exciting Affection - Lily of the Valley - Sarah's Life - Anything ICStor - Angelica's Origin - Lida's Adventure - Elena's Life. I can name a whole long ass list of some of this bs honestly. Those Ren'py conversions should be more then enough proof that these games could have easily be made in Ren'py.

Reason most use RPGM is because of the list of common excuses that come with it.

Just wish more people was aware of this and I hope the it does spread soon.

Otherwise some good games on RPGM are like Adorevia and Noxian Night and Claire's Quest.
Is there a ren'py version of lida's adventures?

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Is there a ren'py version of lida's adventures?
Nope not as far I know, I dont think there will be one anytime soon, only converts i know are, AEA, Elena's life, lily of the valley, a few ICSTOR games and summer with mia.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Nope not as far I know, I dont think there will be one anytime soon, only converts i know are, AEA, Elena's life, lily of the valley, a few ICSTOR games and summer with mia.
And Angelica Origins (kelo games), last time I checked the renpy conversion hadn't caught up to the rpgm yet but it might have now.

• Angry
Reactions: El_Loco and Gold613

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
It's a nice looking game, but do you think it benefits from RPGm? Personally I found the gameplay tideous and not worth the effort. Just unlocking the scenes was good though :) but as a story driven VN it could have been excellent.
Don't think it benefits but it doesn't detract from it. Unlike most RPGM games, the game atleast uses more gameplay elements to it. Almost all RPGM games just uses it for a map and since most follow a character's day to day life, it gets old fast. Treasure of Nadia while it has the traveling aspect to it, it doesn't have that day to day grind.

Ciego.Montero

Jul 10, 2020
Hi, I´m very new here. I played "Anna" and "Elena´s life" so far. Can you guys maybe give me some recommendations for similar games? Thanks :)

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Hi, I´m very new here. I played "Anna" and "Elena´s life" so far. Can you guys maybe give me some recommendations for similar games? Thanks :)
As you're new you shall be forgiven for asking about other games recommendations in a specific game thread. Usually punishment consists of you being thrown into a pit of shemale rapey snakes. But as you're new...

Try Lily of the Valley (Renpy remake) Manila Shaw (Renpy remake) and if your pc can run it, then you cannot miss out on the Adventures of Willy D. Those should tie you over for a while.

Sylver Games

Evil. Never. Dies!!!!! \m/
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
I can recommend you Lily Of The Valley, Good Girl Gone Bad, Jessica O'neill's Hard News, Project SAGE (sadly abandoned) and Naughty lyanna

I would love to recommend my own game also, but It is in an early stage and can't compete with titles above!

arie_1234

Dec 12, 2018
I think the Treasure of Nadia is doing a fairly good job with the RPGM, atleast one of the better ones out there.
my appreciate for treasure of nadia games dev is they give option for download when update comes, so we can download just and update file. and that make plus point because we dont need a large file just for an update.

Ciego.Montero

Jul 10, 2020
As you're new you shall be forgiven for asking about other games recommendations in a specific game thread. Usually punishment consists of you being thrown into a pit of shemale rapey snakes. But as you're new...

Try Lily of the Valley (Renpy remake) Manila Shaw (Renpy remake) and if your pc can run it, then you cannot miss out on the Adventures of Willy D. Those should tie you over for a while.
Sorry, I didn´t know that. I will follow the rules from now on. I would like to avoid an unpleasant meeting with shemale rapey snakes. Thanks for the answer anyway.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Whenever the modder gets around to making it. He hasn't been online since friday, which is sort of concerning.

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes