3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I dunno man, the dom3 ssex var path override still exists with zero later player input, as does the Jason consent dialogue. While it's certainly changed from the original setup, if you're intimately familiar with the code you can still see a clear ntr-by-design trend in several parts of the later releases.

I can't help but notice that those most sympathetic to the game or thinking others are too harsh, folks like newtricks or rastafoo, are members I've seen active in other games specifically geared towards the bbc fetish.

Please please don't interpret this as some accusatory indictment, that's not my tone or goal at all. I'm simple musing aloud on how if one's preference for interracial/non-ir swinging/sharing setups biases them one way or another. And this could certainly be true for me as well, I generally don't like IR scenes, and while I'd like to think that doesn't bias me, it's entirely possible I'd view the whole tori/jason house interaction differently if that element wasn't present.

So I'm curious, are there any members here who defy that hypothesis? By that, I mean players who normally prefer or enjoy bbc-sharing setups, but didn't like how AMW flowed? or similarly, are there players who normally don't like IR setups who did enjoy the third act of this game?

Just food for thought.
The Low path is a cuck path and BBC path. The devs are using the usual stereotypes for that path. Although it won't be a full cuck path whatever that means.

I don't have an issue with people having the kink or games using the kink as such, but it just seems it is the go to for 95% of couples game. Its lazy and usually pathetically done, and ends the same way. Its boring. I select VNs because it looks like it will be good erotica, and I am continually disappointed when it goes down the stereotypical pathetic cuck and BBC path. At least it will be avoidable in this game.

Just excuse me while I sip my tea over here in the corner lol. As for Newtricks, we get around to different games for different tastes because we are a couple. There is some overlap, but we do have some that we let be the other's business for obvious reasons. But in this instance, interracial content doesn't bother us unless it is handled in certain, let's say insensitive, ways. Or if it is just low effort or objectively sucks. You may have seen me drop some less-than-complimentary commentary on Jobeo games in the past. But that is neither here nor there. For this game, the first character you meet is a black guy. If you don't see the BBC coming you are not paying attention. You kind of have to consider him to have Schroinger's dick, both in your wife and not in your wife until you open the box to find out. With a punch so obviously telegraphed if you don't have your gloves up that's your fault.
Sadly, when I encountered AMW, I was new to VNs. I had a few VNs off Steam and then I found this forum and searched for couples games. In my virginal VN naivety I believed the devs when they said they were writing a story focused VN that was different, so the BBC punch was an uppercut that came out of left field. Since then I have read a lot more VNs and if its a story about a couple then there is a pathetic cuck/BBC stereotype coming your way 95% of the time. Sadly, AMW is no different to the rest in that regard.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The bigger rub is how Jason, the supposed BBC, gets involved with the MC's wife. He starts the game by saying 'I want you to sleep with my wife.' After discussion and some manipulation, the MC gets his wife onboard but only if she gets to participate. So, the problem is less of a BBC issues, and more of a, 'Why is my wife screwing the guy who asked me to screw his wife?'

Personally, I saw that coming and it doesn't bother me, as long as the MC is involved and he gets his too. There will be some that disagree with my take here. But that is the real issue people seem to have.
I would agree with the manipulation part - The reason why I bring race up is it hurts the suspension of disbelief. Like newtricks(or his so?) said, you KNOW what's coming from the start. This is part of why I hate IR setups, because apparently devs don't have the capacity to just write black characters as normal inconsequential characters, like a guy who's your dorky friend and that's all he is to the story - as soon as his mug comes on screen YOU KNOW there will be paths leading to sex scenes with him. It would have been a bigger narrative shocker to have the friend who you had no idea then shack up with the wife.

I completely agree with your second paragraph and mentioned that some posts back - that's the real issue at heart. It's not that Jason and Steph do stuff- it's the GLARING contrast between them doing stuff and Tori essentially denying you that makes it feel very "cuckish" (is that a word?). On ALL paths -the only variation is whether or not Steph does stuff with him, but you not doing stuff with Tori is a universal constant like gravity. Furthermore, the longer the game goes without releasing basic scenes between Tori and MC, the greater my scorn gets over this issue, since it's clearly not a priority, yet this is the #1 thing that makes the late game taste so metallic.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I would agree with the manipulation part - The reason why I bring race up is it hurts the suspension of disbelief. Like newtricks(or his so?) said, you KNOW what's coming from the start. This is part of why I hate IR setups, because apparently devs don't have the capacity to just write black characters as normal inconsequential characters, like a guy who's your dorky friend and that's all he is to the story - as soon as his mug comes on screen YOU KNOW there will be paths leading to sex scenes with him. It would have been a bigger narrative shocker to have the friend who you had no idea then shack up with the wife.

I completely agree with your second paragraph and mentioned that some posts back - that's the real issue at heart. It's not that Jason and Steph do stuff- it's the GLARING contrast between them doing stuff and Tori essentially denying you that makes it feel very "cuckish" (is that a word?). On ALL paths -the only variation is whether or not Steph does stuff with him, but you not doing stuff with Tori is a universal constant like gravity. Furthermore, the longer the game goes without releasing basic scenes between Tori and MC, the greater my scorn gets over this issue, since it's clearly not a priority, yet this is the #1 thing that makes the late game taste so metallic.
And then get the unused render of Jason fucking Steph with Tori (all naked) while MC is fully dressed looking on. MC is not involved, so it screams cuck. We are back to the same old. Its not the story focused game the devs portrayed when they use the same old stereotypes.

Nafig

Oct 14, 2020
But how the wife responds in sexual situations will be entirely up to the choices made by the player. There are many opportunities to exit intense sexual situations before they happen.
What scenes other than "Amber" and "Steph/Jason" can the player influence? The option “yes or game over” is precisely created to justify the “choice”. Apart from these two scenes, the rest are uncontrollable, completely uncontrollable. Where do you see opportunities to influence something in the main story?

vandal.h

Oct 15, 2023
So based on some comments on this thread I went back and re-downloaded the game, apparently I was playing an older version. At least this new one gives some control to stop your wife fucking Jason but still doesn't deliver on the original premise of fucking Jason's wife (I guess you get to lick her tits so that's something?). But now I notice the dialogue in the "bad ending" when you turn Jason down:

paraphrasing here but MC is basically saying, "oh if I tell my wife about how gallantly I turned down a threesome offer, she's going to get hot and bothered about the idea and I'll get to do 2 chicks at the same time!". And then he gets upset when she doesn't react in the way he expected.

Like what? No I turned it down because I didn't want a threesome with those scummy "friends" not because I wanted the MC to turn into some kind of sleazy manipulator... I'm guessing future updates will turn MC into one of those perverted loser NTR MCs so you won't even care that his wife is cheating on him as is implied by the final slide.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

LOL. If you are wondering which of us is posting (because we never do identify) if it sounds like a guy who robbed a liquor store it is me and if it sounds like a chick who robbed the Oxford English dictionary it is her. Sometimes we both will write in the same post, though, especially in the A Perfect Marriage thread.

I don't have issues with how the story has unfolded so far. There is clearly a level of manipulation going on behind the scenes but at the moment we only have the who and what of it, not the why or how. I'm content to let to story breathe for the moment and if one of the paths lands the MC in the cuck chair watching shit happen so be it. That's just the kind of game it is and if the player lands there it is likely that is the path that makes them happy. It's not as if bagging Tori would be a great prize. She looks like an aging Faruza Balk and has been run through by half the pervs in the western hemisphere.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
She looks like an aging Faruza Balk
Had to look that up, didn't recognize name....

Oh! It's the girl from "The Waterboy"! Yeah facially I'd say apt comparison, but Tori has these ugly mannish shoulders and imposing stature, a face with 'goth girl' features needs some feminity to balance it out (which Faruza has!)

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

RedDevil910

Jan 18, 2020

We took a couple of days off this week, (We had to take a couple of days off to deal with unrelated matters), but I feel we still made good progress. Much of the next scene is done. We still need renders for some of the transitions (There are a lot of conditions to check upon entering the scene), get the animated scenes fleshed out and then test everything. I’m still not comfortable making a prediction on when we will be ready to announce an update to the game.

To address some comments from last week, all story lines advance with the next scene, and I agree, we’re at about 80% complete over all. I’d say some paths are closer to 95% while others are closer to 75%. I’m not counting the loop endings in those estimates because the loops will vary and will grow over time.

And as the work progresses, we’re getting closer to some of my favorite pieces of the game. With that in mind, I want to share with you about a movie scene that I love because of what it says about the characters in a very short scene. So the scene is from a movie that is historical fiction and there are two men talking. The first, a commander, pops off about what should have happened in the previous scene and makes thinly veiled threats as he tries to push the other character around. The other character, the guy who is really in charge, doesn’t take the bait, he does not escalate the conversation, and he does not respond to the threats. He calmly and disinterestedly, addresses the facts of the situation and finishes by simply saying, “Thank you for your visit.” I love the self-control and the idea of acting as opposed to reacting in a conflict situation. When characters do this, it helps build tension.

I bring this up because that short little scene was part of the inspiration behind a character we will be introducing very soon. Obviously this is a character I enjoy, and we have renders of him now. He's featured in the artwork for this weeks news update. Ya, he doesn't look very friendly. No, he doesn't thank anyone for their visit. Yes, I realize everyone is much more interested in why Steph is talking to him in a bar.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The first, a commander, pops off about what should have happened in the previous scene and makes thinly veiled threats as he tries to push the other character around. The other character, the guy who is really in charge, doesn’t take the bait, he does not escalate the conversation, and he does not respond to the threats. He calmly and disinterestedly, addresses the facts of the situation and finishes by simply saying, “Thank you for your visit.” I love the self-control and the idea of acting as opposed to reacting in a conflict situation. When characters do this, it helps build tension.
When characters do that, it's because they DO have control. :LOL: This doesn't impress me at all, that's just the luxury of being in a position of power.
I bring this up because that short little scene was part of the inspiration behind a character we will be introducing very soon. Obviously this is a character I enjoy, and we have renders of him now. He's featured in the artwork for this weeks news update. Ya, he doesn't look very friendly. No, he doesn't thank anyone for their visit. Yes, I realize everyone is much more interested in why Steph is talking to him in a bar.
My prediction, they're either referring to Tony or Chuck, which in my prior prediction will encompass BBC model #2. He will serve as the strong stoic character, and will probably have some tie in to the whole corporate corruption story. He will be an option for a sexual partner for Steph, regardless of what the MC has to say about it.

-Edit, nm, I can see on steam the artwork slide he was referring to. My guess is that's Chuck, so scratch the BBC theory. Still, it wont be a good end for MC.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

We took a couple of days off this week, (We had to take a couple of days off to deal with unrelated matters), but I feel we still made good progress. Much of the next scene is done. We still need renders for some of the transitions (There are a lot of conditions to check upon entering the scene), get the animated scenes fleshed out and then test everything. I’m still not comfortable making a prediction on when we will be ready to announce an update to the game.

To address some comments from last week, all story lines advance with the next scene, and I agree, we’re at about 80% complete over all. I’d say some paths are closer to 95% while others are closer to 75%. I’m not counting the loop endings in those estimates because the loops will vary and will grow over time.

And as the work progresses, we’re getting closer to some of my favorite pieces of the game. With that in mind, I want to share with you about a movie scene that I love because of what it says about the characters in a very short scene. So the scene is from a movie that is historical fiction and there are two men talking. The first, a commander, pops off about what should have happened in the previous scene and makes thinly veiled threats as he tries to push the other character around. The other character, the guy who is really in charge, doesn’t take the bait, he does not escalate the conversation, and he does not respond to the threats. He calmly and disinterestedly, addresses the facts of the situation and finishes by simply saying, “Thank you for your visit.” I love the self-control and the idea of acting as opposed to reacting in a conflict situation. When characters do this, it helps build tension.

This dev and his red herrings. Why does Steph talk to every guy in a bar in this game... No mystery there.

He did address my question about if all story lines would advance at least.

Rather than the movie scene you know what I think is a more impressive scenario that happens in every day life. When a guy has a gut full of his bitch wife or catches her cheating red-handed and kicks her to the curb. Despite all her yelling and screaming and calling and messaging, he maintains complete control and refuses to engage in conversation with her. Now that takes self control and sends women crazy.

I thought the next update was suppose to be about Steph's reveal and some answers?

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Rather than the movie scene you know what I think is a more impressive scenario that happens in every day life. When a guy has a gut full of his bitch wife or catches her cheating red-handed and kicks her to the curb. Despite all her yelling and screaming and calling and messaging, he maintains complete control and refuses to engage in conversation with her. Now that takes self control and sends women crazy.
Oh most def that's a situation I applaud; because unlike what the dev was describing there the power balance isn't clear, and the guy needs to have the courage to forgo short term appeasement for a better long term.

That advice really carries through to any time a woman is irrationally screaming at you (obviously if YOU were the one doing something wrong then fess up), but just calmly respond dont engage until they're reasonable.

Nafig

Oct 14, 2020
Developer: “I love the self-control and the idea of acting as opposed to reacting in a conflict situation. When characters do this, it helps build tension." Copy of MC, one to one. He doesn’t object, doesn’t argue, just says: “I agree.”

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
This dev and his red herrings. Why does Steph talk to every guy in a bar in this game... No mystery there.

He did address my question about if all story lines would advance at least.

I thought the next update was suppose to be about Steph's reveal and some answers?
You have more willpower than me mate
For an example if I saw Steph crying and looking upset
I would have to run to her side as soon as possible and tell her how much I love her

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Developer: “I love the self-control and the idea of acting as opposed to reacting in a conflict situation. When characters do this, it helps build tension." Copy of MC, one to one. He doesn’t object, doesn’t argue, just says: “I agree.”
Yeah it has to be done well or the character just looks like a pathetic wimp. The dev has used this with the MC's inner turmoil in various places in the game and it really hasn't worked. Maybe this time the dev will get it right?

You have more willpower than me mate
For an example if I saw Steph crying and looking upset
I would have to run to her side as soon as possible and tell her how much I love her
lol I wish Joshy. I wasn't able to do it with any of my break ups hence why I admire the guys who do have the will power to pull it off. I couldn't. I always want to have my say in case no one has noticed lmao. Unless I am busy with things then that is more from preoccupation than will power.

Reactions: Joshy92

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
Personally the more I read about the back and forth between the Dev and people asking questions, the red herrings, the extra bits in the code and art unused. How he seems to say one thing but constantly word and add hidden things for another.

Really feels like someone trying some concept in his head about maybe pulling a fast one over the MC aka the player for a more impactful experience. Not thinking it's not a good way to start developing games if your not being truthful to your players.

If your going for something just be honest about the direction of your game. If your not, he should really look about how he's writing the story, the MC and communicating with his audience since he's doing a poor job. He's constantly saying NO but implying MAYBE or YES every chance he gets. Maybe it's intentional to have people talking about it more.

It feels like someone who only knows how to write "certain" stories trying to write something else.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I do feel that he likes to have people talking about it. The speculation went too far it seems on the phone conversation, whether Steph was cheating, and the note on the desk. So, he flat out put those rumors to rest. I don't think he is trying to intentionally deceive anyone with malicious intent.

It also seems to me that he does try some ideas and some of them get left in the script or image folder. Many of those things have not come to fruition. Again, I don't see any malicious actions here. Just finding his way through making his first VN.

Any time we read a work in progress, you have to expect and allow for these kinds of things.

vandal.h

Oct 15, 2023
Personally the more I read about the back and forth between the Dev and people asking questions, the red herrings, the extra bits in the code and art unused. How he seems to say one thing but constantly word and add hidden things for another.

Really feels like someone trying some concept in his head about maybe pulling a fast one over the MC aka the player for a more impactful experience. Not thinking it's not a good way to start developing games if your not being truthful to your players.

If your going for something just be honest about the direction of your game. If your not, he should really look about how he's writing the story, the MC and communicating with his audience since he's doing a poor job. He's constantly saying NO but implying MAYBE or YES every chance he gets. Maybe it's intentional to have people talking about it more.

It feels like someone who only knows how to write "certain" stories trying to write something else.
Exactly! This dev wanted to make an NTR game without the NTR stigma. So he framed this as an open marriage/swinging deal but every update makes the MC less likeable and hints more towards the wife fucking around with the MC in the cuck chair. I wonder how long until the MC becomes unable to satisfy the wife in bed anymore...

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
I do feel that he likes to have people talking about it. The speculation went too far it seems on the phone conversation, whether Steph was cheating, and the note on the desk. So, he flat out put those rumors to rest. I don't think he is trying to intentionally deceive anyone with malicious intent.

It also seems to me that he does try some ideas and some of them get left in the script or image folder. Many of those things have not come to fruition. Again, I don't see any malicious actions here. Just finding his way through making his first VN.

Any time we read a work in progress, you have to expect and allow for these kinds of things.
Sorry. I was no equating anything malicious in his actions. I just think he's trying to be creative and meta and doing a bad job of it. I understand projects being work in progress and constantly evolving and changing over time. Been someone who suffers from changes mid project all the time.

It feels like two minds trying to create 2 different games at the same time. It would have been better to have split the story down different goals. Have the initial conversation with Steph establish the choices available later on. Even if it's a choice you make for Steph internally to establish her thoughts. You don't need some confidence stat, which is a weird stat to have, to me personally. And respect the choices the player makes, if I say no undressing just talk, then no undressing and only talk.

EDIT: Personally I'm willing to give the developer the benefit of the doubt still and just put it up to poor communication, planning and writing. But the next update is the play it or leave it for me. And the latest developer post does not fill me with confidence.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Sorry. I was no equating anything malicious in his actions. I just think he's trying to be creative and meta and doing a bad job of it. I understand projects being work in progress and constantly evolving and changing over time. Been someone who suffers from changes mid project all the time.

It feels like two minds trying to create 2 different games at the same time. It would have been better to have split the story down different goals. Have the initial conversation with Steph establish the choices available later on. Even if it's a choice you make for Steph internally to establish her thoughts. You don't need some confidence stat, which is a weird stat to have, to me personally. And respect the choices the player makes, if I say no undressing just talk, then no undressing and only talk.

EDIT: Personally I'm willing to give the developer the benefit of the doubt still and just put it up to poor communication, planning and writing. But the next update is the play it or leave it for me. And the latest developer post does not fill me with confidence.
A few people have said about two different writers. From what the dev has said there is one writer, but I think the reason it seems like there is two is because of the confidence paths. You have the High Confidence path telling one story, and the Low Confidence path telling another story and then you have the Medium path flopping around between the two. I think they may have been better served by an early choice to follow which ever path you wanted.

Re your edit, I agree, I'm at a similar stage. I'm waiting for Steph's reveal and some answers. I am hoping to see out the game, as I have stuck with it this far, but I doubt I'll be around for the sequels. Mainly becuase I'm not a fan of Steph and I'm not a fan of Tori, and the next games follow them from what the dev has said. I find manipulative women very unattractive.

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
Welp seems like Steph is getting more BBC in the update and solo? from the new screenshot added to the steam store page. Really have low confidence in the new update. Seems like it's really shifted away from the original presentation of the game.

EDIT: have no idea when the images may have been added never checked till today, so maybe it's old news

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes