3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020
I won't be able to play through it in full since have to work on a Saturday.. yay!

But yeah it seems the Dev's struggling tying them all together. The reliance on most of the outcomes relying on just a couple variables that distill the choices you make down to #'s (haven't looked at new code so not sure if that has changed). This is fine for certain things but I feel like it's overuse is just causing problems with the narrative continuity in this one.

It may be my bias as if I was writing it I would have the majority of the choices saved as specific True or False. so I could easily adjust dialogue and such. And use just the Numerical ones for limiting choice and adjusting sexual scenes.

Side note. From what I remember scrubbing through Steph secret it fixes a good amount of problems (not all ) I had with the narrative so far. If they can manage to tighten this all down, it's a good foundation to adjust from for different paths.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
Wow thats a little aggressive there, is everything ok back home? Maybe you need to cold shower and talk to a therapist.

I'm very calm, but this kind of cheating, considering my Calabrian blood, is not accepted, especially given how Jason acted in the office, he deserves this and more, what need did they have to do all this comedy, I said that this game was born badly , and dies worse.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I won't be able to play through it in full since have to work on a Saturday.. yay!

But yeah it seems the Dev's struggling tying them all together. The reliance on most of the outcomes relying on just a couple variables that distill the choices you make down to #'s (haven't looked at new code so not sure if that has changed). This is fine for certain things but I feel like it's overuse is just causing problems with the narrative continuity in this one.

It may be my bias as if I was writing it I would have the majority of the choices saved as specific True or False. so I could easily adjust dialogue and such. And use just the Numerical ones for limiting choice and adjusting sexual scenes.

Side note. From what I remember scrubbing through Steph secret it fixes a good amount of problems (not all ) I had with the narrative so far. If they can manage to tighten this all down, it's a good foundation to adjust from for different paths.
The secrets ties up a lot of things. I'm surprised. My MC is still pissed though lol. That secret should have been something discussed before marriage or don't marry if you can't tell your partner. 5yrs in to it is just wrong. Tori came out a far better person, Jason lost points. Hopefully, Steph from now on will be a decent human being towards her husband, otherwise she will lose the brownie points she scores with the reveal.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I can't with this game, the entire reveal is done with the MC having a happy face like he is a kid getting Christmas gifts and what he learns is not extremely fucked up. I don't know if its artistic problem with not getting the expressions right, or a writing problem in not reading the room. :HideThePain:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I liked the update.
The entire time I just wanted to hug Steph and tell her everything was going to be ok.
I still think she is an awesome woman.
I like Steph more than I did before Joshy. She still hasn't won me over. Understanding why she was a bitch, doesn't excuse her being a bitch to her husband. The manipulation and lack of disclosure are not something you should do to a person you are suppose to love.

I can't with this game, the entire reveal is done with the MC having a happy face like he is a kid getting Christmas gifts and what he learns is not extremely fucked up. I don't know if its artistic problem with not getting the expressions right, or a writing problem in not reading the room. :HideThePain:
I think its rushed renders. I thought some of the expressions were a bit off as well.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Update 1.08 Patch Notes

Update 1.08 is now live. Here's what you can find in the update.

• Added a quick start option with a default name a pet names.
  • Fixed a few bugs in the existing game.
  • Refined some dialogue in the early game.
  • Added new content where Steph shares a great deal of information with the MC.
  • Restored the challenge to the low confidence path. There is a choice option to opt out of having "No Limits."
  • Gave the bypass of Tori and Jason a place to go and now that runs through all the content we added.
  • Added two more animated scenes to the game.

The new scene with Steph and the MC is like the reveal in a murder mystery. There are many flashbacks to share the story from Steph's perspective. I will say two things about the content. 1. No, Steph's not lying. 2. No, Tori and Jason are not tricking Steph or the MC. Either of those things would be so horrifically useless in terms of where the story goes next, neither is worth wasting time on.

Tomorrow we will have another Too Perilous news update, and I'll talk about that a little more as well as what's next in getting the come to Final Release.

Reactions: D Dog

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I like Steph more than I did before Joshy. She still hasn't won me over. Understanding why she was a bitch, doesn't excuse her being a bitch to her husband. The manipulation and lack of disclosure are not something you should do to a person you are suppose to love.

I think its rushed renders. I thought some of the expressions were a bit off as well.
Yeah, I know not everyone is going to like Steph
But I really like her.

Although I couldn't load my low confidence playthrough
So, I'll have to do a new run through on LC eventually

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Yeah, I know not everyone is going to like Steph
But I really like her.

Although I couldn't load my low confidence playthrough
So, I'll have to do a new run through on LC eventually
Well I no longer hate Steph, but I'm not happy with some things she did/didn't do.

Some of my old saves don't work either. I don't play LC path, Steph annoys me too much. With the reveal I may try it, Ill see.

Reactions: Joshy92

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I liked the new update. It's a game, it's entertainment. I think it gets a little over analyzed sometimes. IMO
A little? heh...I saw this coming months ago.

I find it oddly amusing and also a bit depressing that supposedly grown men can get so wound up over "entertainment". And the ones who vituperate and berate the story, others, the world, on and on ... all over choices they made in so-called game. Maybe those 5G waves do more than just spread viral contagions. ;)

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
So has the story advanced at all or will that only happen at 1.1 or 2.0 or however he chooses to number it?

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes