3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Not much to add in relation to game content. The dev wrote a post about his writing process. His goal is for readers to be immersed in the game as if they really were having a conversation with Steph. I made some comments about how immersion can enhance the game experience. To quote what I said specifically about Steph, "after having Steph as the antagonist for most of the game, its hard to see her as a trustworthy wife, that will take some work even with the reveal." The dev hasn't responded yet.

Apart from that the discussion revolved around the writing process, best GPU for rendering, and we touched on the late game monogamous content. Nothing specific, just how it will be a challenge to pull it off. He is being unusually tight lipped about content.
You shoulda told him your fantasy fetish was seeing steph get banged by black guys at a swingers club, then I'd bet he'd open right up :LOL:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I do like that Jason & Steph sex scene.
But I only saw it in the gallery mod.

Do I have to act like a spineless weakling to get that scene in game?
No wonder you think so highly of Steph, you haven't played the LC path! You should play that Joshy.

You shoulda told him your fantasy fetish was seeing steph get banged by black guys at a swingers club, then I'd bet he'd open right up :LOL:
:ROFLMAO: Not much chance mate. I'll leave that tired old stereotype to you guys. I've met a couple of women who have the fetish but its not much of a thing here.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
No wonder you think so highly of Steph, you haven't played the LC path! You should play that Joshy.

:ROFLMAO: Not much chance mate. I'll leave that tired old stereotype to you guys. I've met a couple of women who have the fetish but its not much of a thing here.
I think I played the LC path a while ago.
But I'm pretty sure a lot of stuff has changed on that path since I last tried it.

I will eventually go back and redo it.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
This game is so awesome.
I'm excited for every update.

Can't wait to see how the story progresses over multiple games.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
This game is so awesome.
I'm excited for every update.

Can't wait to see how the story progresses over multiple games.
joshy bro correct me if I'm wrong since I havent downloaded newest version, but not much has changed since last summer right? Or did they add a lot of stuff?

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I feel like the only way I would actually end up downloading the game finally, is if: 1. Steph gets one of the best redemption arcs ever done in an AVN - 2. the story gets some significant rewriting and reworking to make Steph more bearable and trustworthy (this one won't happen) - or 3. There's an option added to ditch Steph in exchange for stealing away Tori, who is hotter anyways, imo. (also very unlikely)

Only #1 seems like it has a chance of happening, so honestly I'm not really expecting to ever play it sadly, hope I'm proven wrong though.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
I feel like the only way I would actually end up downloading the game finally, is if: 1. Steph gets one of the best redemption arcs ever done in an AVN - 2. the story gets some significant rewriting and reworking to make Steph more bearable and trustworthy (this one won't happen) - or 3. There's an option added to ditch Steph in exchange for stealing away Tori, who is hotter anyways, imo. (also very unlikely)

Only #1 seems like it has a chance of happening, so honestly I'm not really expecting to ever play it sadly, hope I'm proven wrong though.
Can't play what never seems to come out.... THis is beginning to be stall central. I had really high hopes for this game early on.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
joshy bro correct me if I'm wrong since I havent downloaded newest version, but not much has changed since last summer right? Or did they add a lot of stuff?
From what I remember most of the updates were about reworking old content.
But the latest update added a few new scenes including Steph coming clean on her big secret.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Can't play what never seems to come out.... THis is beginning to be stall central. I had really high hopes for this game early on.
This is the take I most strongly agree with. I've criticized this game's routes/content much, but that really doesn't matter because the most important thing is that there's actually stuff to play, and that's been stagnant for about 8 months now. The Tori house visit was the last MAJOR content release, and everything since then has just been crumbs and slight tweaks.

Yes, they had the whole Steph reveal, but I think people gotta start be honest with themselves- that was light on renders and a few pages of typing dialogue in renpy - nothing that couldn't be done in an afternoon or two.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Yes and no.
1. Steph's reveal was a good start to redemption, if there is more we will see in 1.09 when it arrives. She does need to redeem herself more, I agree there, but the reveal was a good start.
2. That has happened to a degree. Steph on the High Confidence path is a lot more bearable thanks to rewrites and reworking. The other paths she is still much the same. I won't even play the Low Confidence path.
3. Not going to happen the Dev has been quite clear on that. The MC unconditionally loves Steph and there will be no break up option

Whether you ever play it not is up to you. I think the High Confidence path is definitely worth a play through. The Medium path is tolerable.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Yes and no.
1. Steph's reveal was a good start to redemption, if there is more we will see in 1.09 when it arrives. She does need to redeem herself more, I agree there, but the reveal was a good start.
2. That has happened to a degree. Steph on the High Confidence path is a lot more bearable thanks to rewrites and reworking. The other paths she is still much the same. I won't even play the Low Confidence path.
3. Not going to happen the Dev has been quite clear on that. The MC unconditionally loves Steph and there will be no break up option

Whether you ever play it not is up to you. I think the High Confidence path is definitely worth a play through. The Medium path is tolerable.
From what I read on here when that update dropped, when she did the reveal, it didn't come off as sincere. People were saying she didn't even really apologize, just admitted to it, and not because she felt bad, but because Tori convinced her and so she did it to save her ass basically. Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's pretty much what I remember reading. If that is the case, that's hardly even a start to redemption in my eyes.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
From what I read on here when that update dropped, when she did the reveal, it didn't come off as sincere. People were saying she didn't even really apologize, just admitted to it, and not because she felt bad, but because Tori convinced her and so she did it to save her ass basically. Maybe I'm wrong here, but that's pretty much what I remember reading. If that is the case, that's hardly even a start to redemption in my eyes.
For some it doesn't matter what Steph does it will never be enough. That was always going to be a danger when the devs made her the antagonist for most of the story. They went a bit too far with it. I'm not a fan of Steph but there is more to the story than just Steph. Gina for example is worth a playthrough by herself and she has more content to come. I hated Tori but after the reveal I'm okay with her now for the most part. She did try and do the right thing in her weird way. It doesn't make any difference to me if you play it or not, I still think the High Confidence path is worth a playthrough but its your choice. That is just my 2c and I'll leave it at that. Happy gaming no matter what you decide(y)

I will proudly fly my Steph flag all the time.
I say she is really sweet and is a wonderful woman.

Watching her have fun is a big fantasy of mine.
Joshy you certainly live in big fantasy mate on many different levels :LOL:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
For some it doesn't matter what Steph does it will never be enough. That was always going to be a danger when the devs made her the antagonist for most of the story. They went a bit too far with it. I'm not a fan of Steph but there is more to the story than just Steph. Gina for example is worth a playthrough by herself and she has more content to come. I hated Tori but after the reveal I'm okay with her now for the most part. She did try and do the right thing in her weird way. It doesn't make any difference to me if you play it or not, I still think the High Confidence path is worth a playthrough but its your choice. That is just my 2c and I'll leave it at that. Happy gaming no matter what you decide(y)

Joshy you certainly live in big fantasy mate on many different levels :LOL:
Could you imagine me being married to Steph mate?
Every weekend I would be asking her if we are going to go find a guy for her to bang.

Nafig

Oct 14, 2020
You got it right, Steph doesn't regret wiping her feet on MC all these days. Quote from Steph: “I made mistakes, but I don't regret them.” For Steph, only her ego and only her interests are important.
Steph LC and Steph HC are no different. On the HC route, the author removed all the uncomfortable questions for Steph, which means there is no aggressive reaction from Steph, but she does the same things and the reason is the same - to push the MC towards an open marriage.

Nafig

Oct 14, 2020
Update on the Update

We'll update to 1.09 on March 1. We got a lot done this week, so I thought I'd jump in and make that official (And now come the late nights!).

Personally, I'm very excited about this update for three main reasons. The first is that the changes to the early game that we have been discussing and developing with your input are going to really change a few things without changing much of anything at all. I see it as the whole game just comes into better focus. What happens is that now you have in chance in the bar scene to really define the relationship you want to develop with your wife. Originally, we had the approach that you needed to "manage" that relationship. Now, I feel like you are "cultivating" that relationship. It's going to take more than what we have in 1.09 to fully realize that shift, but I feel it is a good start. The flip side is that shift will allow us to be more dynamic with the relationship over time. I'm not changing the core story, but the ability to branch and return to the main line with a branch that is representative of your play style has been greatly enhanced.

I will add that making this shift changed the "ride the train" scene with Donny and Steph. That scene centered around one animation. That animation has been updated and now it has three different angles and three different speeds (It's now eight little movies). Also the return to the bar option was eliminated because it doesn't make sense anymore. You still have choices through that scene, and now they lead to two different outcomes downstairs (One pleased, one not pleased). I'll stop there and let those who are interested in that content explore it and see what we've done. But I am pleased to say that one of our early game ending moments is now gone.

The second reason I'm excited is that the content we are adding is fun. The content in 1.08 was dramatic and challenging, so now we have a change of pace. Anyway, this has been fun, and it advances your relationship with Tori, Steph and maybe someone else as well.

The third reason I am excited is we are going to hit our first ending in 1.09. I haven't talked about it because I wasn't sure if it would happen in 1.09 or 1.09a. That ending will pull back the curtain just a little on what has been slowly unfolding in the background while you and Steph are experimenting with your relationship. For me, this is a great big FINALLY! No, you don't learn what the words mean yet.

I also want to say I appreciate the conversations this week. I apologize that I have to jump in and out of those because I'm trying to stay focused on getting out the current content. It's a problem solving thing for me and sometimes, I just have to stop myself so I can stay focused on what I need to do. However, I will say that the conversation did give me an idea for something I'll add eventually. Think of it as a monogamous path through the game + Gina (I know that's not monogamy, but in this game, it qualifies as damn close). And this would eliminate another early game ending moment. I'm sure a few of you will figure out what this is going to look like really fast with that hint. Anyway, that will happen eventually, and knowing what it is lets me get back to focusing on 1.09.

So I wanted to give you an update and share my excitement. If you feel you've been teased, I apologize. I'll let Steph make it up to you for me with this in game shot. If nothing else, she did learn at least one thing from Tori.

95d50561667c0c8c989485bd32ed24141d088787.jpg

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes