3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
New response from the devs and hopefully a chance to clarify some things. Of course I responded that I would welcome the opportunity:

I appreciate the compliment and the support for what we are doing. And I don't think you're a pest. I hope I have shown that I welcome thoughtful criticism. Obviously you have more than just a passing interest in what we are doing, so I completely respect that. And to give you an example of how I see this back and forth being productive for me - I have spent A LOT of time in Friday night lately. This discussion has helped me to see that I was much more detailed in what I was doing in the dialogue there than I have been lately. I realize I've been guilty of rushing things in order to get the game finished, and I've been more focused on what we are doing in the renders and animations. So I want to work on that, but it has been great that we get renders in ten minutes or less instead of two hours. 4090's are so choice.

I will say that I continue to struggle to respond to you for reasons that I feel have to do with where we are in updating some of the inconsistencies in the story we talked about when this conversation began and getting out the new material. So here's what I'd like to do as I sincerely want to fully understand your position.

Let me get the next update out, and then I would like to pose some specific questions to you over in that discussion thread about Steph you started ages ago. The questions won't be to challenge your position but to cut through perception and get us looking at the same specifics in the script. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you would be willing to do that with me.
It's definitely cool that he interacts with you on there.

I can't be the only one perplexed by his response though. It's all corporate gobbeldy-gook. Like what is he actually saying? Because it sounds like he's writing a lot of words yet saying nothing.

"Cut through perception and get us looking at the same specifics."

I have a headache already, seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
It's definitely cool that he interacts with you on there.

I can't be the only one perplexed by his response though. It's all corporate gobbeldy-gook. Like what is he actually saying? Because it sounds like he's writing a lot of words yet saying nothing.

"Cut through perception and get us looking at the same specifics."

I have a headache already, seriously.
We will find out in a week or so I guess. If its a Q&A thing I'll definitely be seeking input from you guys to bring up.

I think the dev doesn't understand why we are looking at his story and coming up with different answers/perceptions then what he intended. For example, no one figured the Christmas Party is a central factor in the story. To the dev its obvious because he keeps referring back to it from his point of view. To me, it is mentioned 3 times twice those times are a one line reference to meeting Tori and the other reference Steph and Tori had a conversation as people do at a party, so what? Maybe the dev should have started there or had some flashbacks or something. If Steph spilled her secret to Tori and not her husband then there is an obvious communication issue. That brings us to Tori who is supposedly trying to help Steph. I still can't get my head around that. There is nothing in that text that I can see as helping a new lifestyle couple who have obvious communication issues and which the woman has psychological problems. I see a recipe for disaster. To me its bizarre. I think it's things like that he wants to clear up.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I think the dev doesn't understand why we are looking at his story and coming up with different answers/perceptions then what he intended. For example, no one figured the Christmas Party is a central factor in the story. To the dev its obvious because he keeps referring back to it from his point of view. To me, it is mentioned 3 times twice those times are a one line reference to meeting Tori and the other reference Steph and Tori had a conversation as people do at a party, so what?
Your thoughts mirror my own closely - it seems like the dev has a fundamentally different idea in his head of what the game should be as opposed to many of us..... the frustrating part is all these callbacks, secrecy, winding stories of deception etc- not only add time to write and develop, but if I understand correctly aren't desired by the majority here!

For myself only, I just want more swinger games because this site is so lacking, I dont want complex weaving stories of backstabbing and scheming, I just want some couples happily banging! Is that too much to ask? Literally, the code could be so simple, stuff like the following below, and I'd be happy!

Python:
default swingToTheLeft = False
default swingToTheRight = False
default thinkAboutBaseball = False
default swingAllNight = False

label swingertalk:
    scene stephneutral with dissolve
    s "So how would you feel about going to some kind of club together?"
    menu:
        "Yeah, I can dig it":
            scene stephsmile with dissolve
            s "Thought about what we're gonna wear?"
            $ swingToTheLeft = True
        "Nah, not for me":
            scene stephfrown with dissolve
            s "Whatever grandpa!"
            pass
    s "Well, separately from a club, would you be more comfortable doing these things at home?"
    menu:
        "Home sounds better to be honest...":
            s "Great! I'll get the blender out."
            swingToTheRight = True
        "That might be weird, we don't want strangers in our house..":
            s "And I'm sure your 20 person football get-togethers are exempt!"
            pass

if swingToTheRight and swingToTheLeft:
        scene stephsmirk with dissolve
        s "So what do you say, should we watch some baseball?"
        menu:
            "Yes":
                $ thinkAboutBaseball = True
            "No":
                pass

if thinkAboutBaseball:
        $ swingAllNight = True

scene swingerorgyhouseintro01 with dissolve
    s "Wow! This place is huge!"

etcetc

return
It makes me angrier because the one thing standing between just doing this myself are the presence of those 4090s he whimsically mentioned. Those cards are 2 grand a piece. So a multiple setup will exceed 4 grand. Not exactly a new putter in your bag. If I had the same tools as him, grrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Your thoughts mirror my own closely - it seems like the dev has a fundamentally different idea in his head of what the game should be as opposed to many of us..... the frustrating part is all these callbacks, secrecy, winding stories of deception etc- not only add time to write and develop, but if I understand correctly aren't desired by the majority here!

For myself only, I just want more swinger games because this site is so lacking, I dont want complex weaving stories of backstabbing and scheming, I just want some couples happily banging! Is that too much to ask? Literally, the code could be so simple, stuff like the following below, and I'd be happy!

Python:

label swingertalk:
    menu:
        "Yeah, I can dig it":
            $ swingToTheLeft = True
        "Nah, not for me":
            s "Whatever grandpa!"
            pass
    s "Well, separately from a club, would you be more comfortable doing these things at home?"
    menu:
            swingToTheRight = True
            pass

menu:
            "Yes":
            "No":
                pass

if thinkAboutBaseball:
        $ swingAllNight = True

etcetc

return
It makes me angrier because the one thing standing between just doing this myself are the presence of those 4090s he whimsically mentioned. Those cards are 2 grand a piece. So a multiple setup will exceed 4 grand. Not exactly a new putter in your bag. If I had the same tools as him, grrrrrrrrrr.:mad:
I say go ahead and make a couple of chapters with what you have. Sell that in early access/patreon as a way to fund those 4090s which should help with timely delivery for the rest of the game. We do need more happy couple swinging games.:D

And please be liberal in use of labels so I can make that gallery mod :LOL: so you can spend your time on the actual gameplay.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

Python:

label swingertalk:
    menu:
        "Yeah, I can dig it":
            $ swingToTheLeft = True
        "Nah, not for me":
            s "Whatever grandpa!"
            pass
    menu:
            swingToTheRight = True
            pass

menu:
            "Yes":
            "No":
                pass

if thinkAboutBaseball:
        $ swingAllNight = True

etcetc

return
I think Stoper, the dev for “JOHN” has 2 4090’s that aren’t getting much use these days :ROFLMAO:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I say go ahead and make a couple of chapters with what you have. Sell that in early access/patreon as a way to fund those 4090s which should help with timely delivery for the rest of the game. We do need more happy couple swinging games.:D
It's simply untenable, right now I have an AMD card which is plenty powerful for games; but it means software rendering if I want iray shaders, which means a scene with even a single character in a 3d built environment (like a house living room) will take well over an hour. This is with extremely simple lighting mind you, if any other than headlamp.

I can cheat in two ways, either dialing up the grain reduction filter, letting the renders only go 40-50%, then do post photo edits to reduce noise.....which produces an "okay" result but still takes ~45 min, or make everything sprite style and use layered images, so I just render the people stationary, then spot render different facial expressions like smiling or frowning. This is much faster, but then things end up looking like those anime games, a look that I personally despise.

And please be liberal in use of labels so I can make that gallery mod :LOL: so you can spend your time on the actual gameplay.
Believe me, I'm on the same page, I'll pop blood vessels when I see sloppy disorganized labels, or games that don't use sound flow logic (*COUGH* THIS ONE *COUGH*) - it's like tooperilous doesn't know how to use calls? Also having script files with reasonable names and organization goes a long way.

blkcrow820

Mar 27, 2021

Python:

label swingertalk:
    menu:
        "Yeah, I can dig it":
            $ swingToTheLeft = True
        "Nah, not for me":
            s "Whatever grandpa!"
            pass
    menu:
            swingToTheRight = True
            pass

menu:
            "Yes":
            "No":
                pass

if thinkAboutBaseball:
        $ swingAllNight = True

etcetc

return
Amen, there is a serious shortage of good sharing/swinging games.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Good advice. If I got my finger out. I'd have plenty of content to pump out. Uninterrupted time is not my friend.

Amen, there is a serious shortage of good sharing/swinging games.
That there is. Then you finally find a swinger focused game and the wife is a bimbo or a bitch.

I think Stoper, the dev for “JOHN” has 2 4090’s that aren’t getting much use these days :ROFLMAO:
Yep, its a shame to do so much work, and make such a good and popular story and never finish it... It was refreshing to have a hot woman who was seriously tempted but always said no, only my husband. Although she did cross the line a few times.

I don't mind complex stories (that are realistic) to go with the couples happily banging :cool:

I recommend to seriously consider asahibito's advice, get started, the 4090s will come.

I've got the stories, I've got a decent rig, its uninterrupted time to master scene creation that is my problem. I have to be able to focus to learn.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Good advice. If I got my finger out. I'd have plenty of content to pump out. Uninterrupted time is not my friend.

That there is. Then you finally find a swinger focused game and the wife is a bimbo or a bitch.

Yep, its a shame to do so much work, and make such a good and popular story and never finish it... It was refreshing to have a hot woman who was seriously tempted but always said no, only my husband. Although she did cross the line a few times.

I don't mind complex stories (that are realistic) to go with the couples happily banging :cool:

I recommend to seriously consider asahibito's advice, get started, the 4090s will come.

I've got the stories, I've got a decent rig, its uninterrupted time to master scene creation that is my problem. I have to be able to focus to learn.
From making a number of mods now I noticed the majority of developers come from a writing or art background. Or they just don’t care about coding discipline and best practices. For me the writing and art skills are harder to acquire due to elements of creativity and subjectivity in addition to their technical aspects. Gotta work on that before making my own game.

Perhaps the both you and Pr0GamerJohnny can team up to make that good sharing/swinging game. May help with the time issue. Better yet! Make 2 games - one for each of your story ideas. :D

RedDevil910

Jan 18, 2020

So getting right to it, we will update the game this week. I said a while back that we needed to go in and work on older content to bring it into line with significant changes to the story after 1.06. We've been working on that a lot and we spent a good chunk of time reworking Friday night as we noted last week. At this point, we've added around eighty renders to Friday night, fixed a number of inconsistencies in the dialogue and set up the early material to flow into the later parts of the game better.

We've also revamped the Saturday night dialogue after MC and Steph go to bed but before the dreaming starts. All versions of that dialogue now set us up for how we want the game to end with greater player agency.

And we've continued to replace older animations. Additionally, we are now changing some of the animations to .webm files. This will reduce the size of the game and increase the load speed for animations in this format. We've only done this with a few animations to this point, but more will be converted moving forward.

As far as new content goes, the update will complete the Tori and Jason scene (Yes, more happens after Steph is posing on the couch). The changes mentioned above regarding player agency will also play into how all three versions of the ending of this scene occur.

I've always expected us to have players who would want to see their "wife" behave in different ways based on what they hope to get out of this game. Some would want her slutty, others more reserved. So we began, as most of these games do, by making paths to those different options and you'd just have to find the one that would work for you. We've now changed that so that the player is now going to flat out say, here's what I want. That will happen before a scene and sometimes just as the scene gets started. And in some cases, there's even going to be a kill switch. (No, it does not involve throwing a bucket of cold water on your wife, but verbally, that's exactly what you do.)

Our thinking is we want Friday night to be a bit of a wander in the woods, and I feel it is. We want Saturday night to be more MC focused with greater control, and that's happening. You don't get much of a choice regarding the scene with Steph and Gina, we assume you want that one. But everything else, you can control. You're wife tells you Saturday morning she wants you to be the bad boy, and you get to decide a lot of what that looks like.

Beyond Saturday, you're going to get to say what you want and the scene will adjust to that. Our goal is for the early game to be your wife responds to your choices and the late game is your wife responds to you. So there is not a ton of new content in terms of game play minutes, but I feel we've done a lot since the last update. And we're going to drop the new demo when we update the game as well.

I don't have an exact day for when we update. It will be later this week. When we update, we will of course have specific notes on what all to expect.

Thanks again for being here, and we'll have the update as soon as it's ready.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

So getting right to it, we will update the game this week. I said a while back that we needed to go in and work on older content to bring it into line with significant changes to the story after 1.06. We've been working on that a lot and we spent a good chunk of time reworking Friday night as we noted last week. At this point, we've added around eighty renders to Friday night, fixed a number of inconsistencies in the dialogue and set up the early material to flow into the later parts of the game better.

We've also revamped the Saturday night dialogue after MC and Steph go to bed but before the dreaming starts. All versions of that dialogue now set us up for how we want the game to end with greater player agency.

And we've continued to replace older animations. Additionally, we are now changing some of the animations to .webm files. This will reduce the size of the game and increase the load speed for animations in this format. We've only done this with a few animations to this point, but more will be converted moving forward.

As far as new content goes, the update will complete the Tori and Jason scene (Yes, more happens after Steph is posing on the couch). The changes mentioned above regarding player agency will also play into how all three versions of the ending of this scene occur.

I've always expected us to have players who would want to see their "wife" behave in different ways based on what they hope to get out of this game. Some would want her slutty, others more reserved. So we began, as most of these games do, by making paths to those different options and you'd just have to find the one that would work for you. We've now changed that so that the player is now going to flat out say, here's what I want. That will happen before a scene and sometimes just as the scene gets started. And in some cases, there's even going to be a kill switch. (No, it does not involve throwing a bucket of cold water on your wife, but verbally, that's exactly what you do.)

Our thinking is we want Friday night to be a bit of a wander in the woods, and I feel it is. We want Saturday night to be more MC focused with greater control, and that's happening. You don't get much of a choice regarding the scene with Steph and Gina, we assume you want that one. But everything else, you can control. You're wife tells you Saturday morning she wants you to be the bad boy, and you get to decide a lot of what that looks like.

Beyond Saturday, you're going to get to say what you want and the scene will adjust to that. Our goal is for the early game to be your wife responds to your choices and the late game is your wife responds to you. So there is not a ton of new content in terms of game play minutes, but I feel we've done a lot since the last update. And we're going to drop the new demo when we update the game as well.

I don't have an exact day for when we update. It will be later this week. When we update, we will of course have specific notes on what all to expect.

Thanks Red Devil

A promising update I feel. The devs are listening. Check this page for listening devices :sneaky:

It sounds like it will be a much improved game with more player control as it was one of the things I felt in danger of going backwards in the game. I'm not sure how that will work going forward with Tori's plans but we will see when we get there. It will blunt the Tori effect if they stick with it. I look forward to seeing if it will make Tori/Jason any more palatable but we will see as their story unfolds.

I know messing with Friday night was a priority due to the demo. There are other areas I think needed far more work than Friday night. Its not a big deal as it sounds like Friday night will be even better. Hopefully those other areas will get some work too at some stage.

"Our goal is for the early game to be your wife responds to your choices and the late game is your wife responds to you. " I wonder how that mechanic will work with the Steph reveal thing and Tori's plans? Lots of questions.

"No, it does not involve throwing a bucket of cold water on your wife" bugger they take away all my fun :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
MC has always been so very wary of this assumed scripted overtone:
" Our goal is for the early game to be your wife responds to your choices and the late game is your wife responds to you."

The reason being that Steph tells MC she does not need anyone else but MC, while the game absolutely forces the bull
down our throats and right down MC's throat no matter what we do.

So the matter is that some asshole, of whom MC is wary and repulsed by, comes to his home like going to the brothel and fkks Steph.

Such a state of affairs is not swinging or sharing, it is pimping your wife and is disgusting, as it absolutely does not
prepare MC for going over to tori and be disconsidered in the house of his so called collegue while Tori ensures he is hummiliated and disgusted for being a third wheel when Tori watches in disgust as Jason rails Steph.

This makes it look and sound and feel like MC is the pimp who brought his whore wife to be shagged by some asshole.

By this point - MC should get his payment or burn those two in their own house while dragging Steph by the hair
through the pavement to their car and then drive away, slowly, face fkking Steph to oblivion.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
MC has always been so very wary of this assumed scripted overtone:
" Our goal is for the early game to be your wife responds to your choices and the late game is your wife responds to you."

The reason being that Steph tells MC she does not need anyone else but MC, while the game absolutely forces the bull
down our throats and right down MC's throat no matter what we do.

So the matter is that some asshole, of whom MC is wary and repulsed by, comes to his home like going to the brothel and fkks Steph.

Such a state of affairs is not swinging or sharing, it is pimping your wife and is disgusting, as it absolutely does not
prepare MC for going over to tori and be disconsidered in the house of his so called collegue while Tori ensures he is hummiliated and disgusted for being a third wheel when Tori watches in disgust as Jason rails Steph.

This makes it look and sound and feel like MC is the pimp who brought his whore wife to be shagged by some asshole.

By this point - MC should get his payment or burn those two in their own house while dragging Steph by the hair
through the pavement to their car and then drive away, slowly, face fkking Steph to oblivion.
You raise some good points and I've echoed similar in the past. Donnie is an asshole for sure.

I let Friday night slide as they are a first time couple, drunk, and they are bound to make mistakes. I know my wife and I did. Plus MC is a moron for trying to manipulate his wife to screw Tori. I don't mind they fuck up a few times and I liked in the game how they talk about their fuck ups. I'm not happy with the way it was handle, especially Steph's bald faced lie of sending the MC for a drink and then gaslighting the MC when he tries to bring it up. It shows no respect for her husband. As I said, I can let a lot slide as first night mistakes. It happens with new couples and mentoring with an experienced couple is a great idea.

Which brings us to Tori and Jason the experienced couple and would-be mentors. To be blunt, if I turn up for this meet and greet and my friend reveals he deceived and manipulated me to get sexual access to my wife. I am not going to be interested in my wife playing with him. I am going to be pissed and probably violent. My wife is most likely going to give Jason a kick in the balls and pull me out the door. She certainly wouldn't be sticking around for fun and games. We don't do deception and manipulation.

As for being mentors, this couple wants to take on a mentoring role and the first thing they do is manipulate and deceive us. Bye bye. Then there are Tori's plans, no Tori will not tell us when we play as a couple and neither will she be telling one of us to sit out for 3somes and telling me/MC to sit out for her planned sexcapades with my wife. That is not lifestyle mentoring. If its not mutual agreement its not an agreement at all, be it for swinging, 3somes, hotwifing or whatever. The devs have said Tori is trying to help, I can't see how that is possible. It looks like a path to destroying MC and Stephs marriage.

While the devs have made big changes in that scene, I get the impression from their comments, the devs still aren't getting how bad it makes Tori/Jason seem. They don't understand why so many players don't like them. From the Steam banner it seems in the 2nd game Steph is giving BJs, but we will see in a few days what happens there.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

I’ll believe this when I see it first

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes