El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
nicoartamai Yeah I have a trans male in my immediate family, but he is lucky because we all love him and no one pushed back or did the things we see in story with Nea but of course those bad things happen probably more often than not.

I think it speaks well of the story elements Luxee has put here that there is so much empathy and even love and lust for Nea
This happens very often in conservative and homophobic countries. I, unfortunately, live in such a state and see the attitude of society towards such things.

Nea is such a charming character that I fell in love with her from the very first lines, regardless of her gender.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Most trans people have a tragic life, the way Nea's father treated her is the norm in real life, no parent would jump in joy and happiness knowing their son, who they brought up from a baby and watched growing up, wants to become a girl all of a sudden. On top of family conflict, there is also the huge problem of social acceptance and gender dysphoria, in which many of them couldn't find or see a way out and choose to commit suicide.

I hope the developer will dive a bit deeper into Nea's life than just her problem with her Dad and the school bullies later in the story, because there are lots of obstacles between Nea and her true happiness, and potentially even more heartbreaking and heartwarming dramas(who doesn't love dramas?), that's why Nea's story is so promising and I want them to take it slow with her story arc. I have never seen a game that goes into detail depicting the struggles of a trans character in life, in this sense this game is unique and I absolutely love it. :love:
Think you are right, if a bit too optimistic. No offense to Luxee, even though it will sound like it, they don't have the chops for that kind of writing. As fun as say, Parental Love was, it definitely wasn't that deep. Also, if the path with the little (loli) sister is anything to go by, subtle, nuanced and engaging story telling is out the window:
Little Sister: Oh my god, is that his dick?
I MUST TOUCH IT!
MC wakes up: What are you doing?
Little Sister: I just HAD to touch your dick!

and a later scene
Sister asks him to teach her about "splooge" and orgasms
MC kisses sister instead as a compromise.
Brother: I gotta go, I'll show you how to orgasm later.
Sister: YAY!

Again, I enjoy this game and Nea is amazing, but all signs point to "Not a chance in hell" :(
Edit: Shoot! I forgot to talk about the creepy grooming the mom is doing to the daughter and getting her to hook up with the son. Weird! :/

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Think you are right, if a bit too optimistic. No offense to Luxee, even though it will sound like it, they don't have the chops for that kind of writing. As fun as say, Parental Love was, it definitely wasn't that deep. Also, if the path with the little (loli) sister is anything to go by, subtle, nuanced and engaging story telling is out the window
Then you may not have viewed much of how the Sofi character was handled, which revealed more of the insights and subtleties that could come into play with Nea, IMHO.

Reactions: pgm_01

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Then you may not have viewed much of how the Sofi character was handled, which revealed more of the insights and subtleties that could come into play with Nea, IMHO.
I mean ya, I thought Sofi was pretty well done, but in the end it's a sex game cause sex game logic! I didn't finish Parental Love cause I was waiting for updates after the Ada progaming thing, what can you tell me about Sofi's path. How was it handled after the initial part.

Also, Believe me, I don't mind being wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong about Luxee, just yet to see it is all

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I mean ya, I thought Sofi was pretty well done, but in the end it's a sex game cause sex game logic! I didn't finish Parental Love cause I was waiting for updates after the Ada progaming thing, what can you tell me about Sofi's path. How was it handled after the initial part.

Also, Believe me, I don't mind being wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong about Luxee, just yet to see it is all
Sofi turned out to be an abused young woman with a compromised personality from the experience, the MC became quickly sympathetic of her and she was the only character able to opt out of the harem path based on how much you had gained her trust/respect from earlier decisions. She always ended up in touch with the MC, regardless of ending and there was an epilogue for her independent path forward when it came to the opt-out path.

Nea could be handled with similar options that stay in touch with the MC, but maybe not as a long-term (or at all) love interest, I suspect.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Sofi turned out to be an abused young woman with a compromised personality from the experience, the MC became quickly sympathetic of her and she was the only character able to opt out of the harem path based on how much you had gained her trust/respect from earlier decisions. She always ended up in touch with the MC, regardless of ending and there was an epilogue for her independent path forward when it came to the opt-out path.

Nea could be handled with similar options that stay in touch with the MC, but maybe not as a long-term (or at all) love interest, I suspect.
Yeah, I remember her backstory, what does interested me is that you said she's a bit of an emotional outlier, by that I mean, her history is taken into account instead of being treated as Girl 3 of 16. I like that, though basically every other girl is treated like that (don't be negative Larry!), but at least there is deference to the girl with a fucked up past :)

I'm with you on the Nea part. Though, I'm gonna love her no matter what. I don't care if she sprouts a full beard and a second penis. I'm loving her to the end! I'm crossing my fingers it goes the way you described.

Dr. M.O.M.

Sep 15, 2018
I downloaded the latest Mac version of the game (v0.01.1) and encountered a series of issues with it:

1. The incest/loli patch does nothing to change the game (Jamie is still "the landlady" with Tess & Evelyn still being your "roommates" and all content for Evelyn & Millie was never returned to the game).

2. Using the "walkthrough + improvements" mod prevents the game from booting up (I instead kept getting a TextEdit box stating that the files couldn't load).

3. Certain events could ONLY be initiated by clicking on Evelyn at your old home even though she isn't involved with any of them and they're events for the other characters; clicking on her sometimes just causes the time of day to skip forward.

Am I missing something ordering something wrong?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I have no clue what is different between a MAC build and WIN/linux build but I can say that both the improvements mod and the incest patch are both for the WIN/Linux and I'm not sure how a person gets them to work for a MAC build.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
I have no clue what is different between a MAC build and WIN/linux build but I can say that both the improvements mod and the incest patch are both for the WIN/Linux and I'm not sure how a person gets them to work for a MAC build.
not sure on the mod, but the incest patch does have instructions for mac:

On MAC the folder structure is a bit different.
Right click on the application, choose to show contents, in here you'll find the "game" folder.
It should be Apartment69.app/contents/resources/autorun/game

Reactions: myuhinny

shinydevon

Jan 26, 2018
Most trans people have a tragic life, the way Nea's father treated her is the norm in real life, no parent would jump in joy and happiness knowing their son, who they brought up from a baby and watched growing up, wants to become a girl all of a sudden.
Well that's just not true. My best friend is a trans woman and her life is anything but tragic.

Yes, lots of trans people have mediocre-to-bad family situations, and that's especially true for trans people in their teens and above. It's changing, though, and plenty of parents are fully supportive of their trans kids.

Reactions: Gamesman01

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Dr. M.O.M.

You are the first person that I have seen that has had a problem with the MAC build since the update came out so it might be something on your end.

Maybe something got messed up somewhere either a corrupted download or a bad install. Delete the game and redownload it plus the incest patch and extract them and follow the directions for the incest patch and start the game and start a new game. Maybe something got corrupted or maybe something was installed wrong not sure.

Dr. M.O.M.

Sep 15, 2018
Dr. M.O.M.

You are the first person that I have seen that has had a problem with the MAC build since the update came out so it might be something on your end.

Maybe something got messed up somewhere either a corrupted download or a bad install. Delete the game and redownload it plus the incest patch and extract them and follow the directions for the incest patch and start the game and start a new game. Maybe something got corrupted or maybe something was installed wrong not sure.
My MacBook is working just fine, I tried it over & over again using different extraction programs and no change.

Last edited:

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
The Android link says that the incest patch is included but MC is still calling everybody "landlady" and "roomie". Does it have to be activated somehow, or did the post lie?

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes