myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
This is the first time a renpy game with two .exe's doesn't work for me guess I'll just look at the extracted files then.

esapentti

Jun 28, 2017
it is not a high horse, it is called logic...730 to 1

dev have done something that the 730 others have not, m'kay?

I guess this will be my first 1 star review lol, not that dev would care :eek:
There are flaws in that logic. Try to spot them. Also perhaps consider the possibility that the problem is your end after all? If you cannot do that, the high horse isn't really an overstatement. Anyway, blaming and 1 star rating others isn't gonna solve your problem. Others have been trying to help you if you are willing to expand your logic so please try.

Also it might just be the universe telling that the game's not for you.

HMTheOwner

Jul 27, 2018
you can try what i did (i am using win7 X64)
1. download renpy-7.4.2-sdk.zip (115mb) from its website (google "renpy")
2. run renpy and create new project
3. open your new projects folder and delete all content in it.
4. extract Apartment#69 files in that folder
5. run renpy select your project and click launch project.
(optional) if you dont want to bother with renpy everytime u want to play at step 5 click Build Distrubutions and check tickbox that says" Windows " then click build.

Rnp.jpg

darkzkie91

Sep 1, 2020
"This app can't run on your (my) PC - Windows 10, already tried redownload it 4 times, but still having the same issue,
anyone how to fix this? thanks

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
how to fix error does not open the game

download the new version of renpy install open the directory where it was installed and run renpy add the game as an active project the name of the game will appear, then run through using renpy.

sorry for google translator.
just to verify that this workaround works

start project, locate the folder where you put files, save/return, launch project and game works, it bypass the dont start if using win 10 bug

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019

waltage

May 19, 2017
someone pls make exe file from old windows
what about MS It's been too long since antitrust authorities have gutted Microsoft
you can throw them info about MS attempts to impose Windows 10.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
what about MS It's been too long since antitrust authorities have gutted Microsoft
Microsoft owns windows, nobody can stop them from cutting support to their older versions.

That's how business works.....

I always have to chuckle when I see something running fine on Linux but having all sorts of heartburn on Windows (y)
Nothing to do with Windows, it's running fine for most of us.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Thanks - this is the easiest and best route for 99% of the people here having this problem.

Now if they'll just read the thread a little and find this post...
Yeah it just easier to download and since i did with my compressed version it's a quick download

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
JokerLeader

I reported the OP and asked if they can add a warning to the OP stating that if someone has trouble playing the game to use your one compressed version so hopefully that'll curb most of them. If not well just have to keep telling them to read the OP.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
JokerLeader

I reported the OP and asked if they can add a warning to the OP stating that if someone has trouble playing the game to use your one compressed version so hopefully that'll curb most of them. If not well just have to keep telling them to read the OP.
Thank you, let's hope so, it's a good game, so thes most people it reaches the better.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Anybody here ever heard of COMPATIBILITY MODE ???

As a rule of thumb, usual 1000ds of pics Ren”Py games need a lot of RAM to game.

The SDK is a very welcome / must have addition to your systems,
because that has the drivers for your OS to recognize Ren”Py as a familiar language.

game does not work on x64 windows 10 professional lol

"This app cant run on your PC
to find a version for your PC, check with software publisher"

wtf? they making games that work only with windows 98 or something? lol
I have a win95 pc that i play x-com on, but it is closet and lots of work to pull it out just to see if this game would work lol View attachment 1020003
no, I have windows 10 professional, game will will not start, it say it cant run the application and need to check with developer to get version that works with windows 10
chrome via nopy
avast free AV
avast did not make any noise so it did not stop a file or delete it.
is there a file in this release and this release alone that other anti virus react on? as0.2 was no problem, the dev have done something so the game does not work on win 10

that is what support say when it is their fault and they ask you to check if you have connected the ethernet cable to the pc :p

so you are telling me that out of the 730 games, mostly renpy games ive downloaded from f95zone, this game, just this game is so special that it is my "fault" that it will not work? lol
does not matter, it is not like the developer is EA or other developer trying to use some kind of anti piracy protection so that games only work on the latest win 10 update
it is not a high horse, it is called logic...730 to 1

dev have done something that the 730 others have not, m'kay? View attachment 1020037

I guess this will be my first 1 star review lol, not that dev would care :eek:
This is the first time a renpy game with two .exe's doesn't work for me guess I'll just look at the extracted files then.
For those who are having difficulty launching the game use this version, the original version also didn't work on my computer, but this one does.
Attention this version can activate a fake anti-virus on your computer.

https://f95zone.to/threads/apartment-69-v0-03-luxee.18630/post-5051740
you can try what i did (i am using win7 X64)
1. download renpy-7.4.2-sdk.zip (115mb) from its website (google "renpy")
2. run renpy and create new project
3. open your new projects folder and delete all content in it.
4. extract Apartment#69 files in that folder
5. run renpy select your project and click launch project.
(optional) if you dont want to bother with renpy everytime u want to play at step 5 click Build Distrubutions and check tickbox that says" Windows " then click build.

View attachment 1020044
"This app can't run on your (my) PC - Windows 10, already tried redownload it 4 times, but still having the same issue,
anyone how to fix this? thanks
I always have to chuckle when I see something running fine on Linux but having all sorts of heartburn on Windows (y)
Microsoft owns windows, nobody can stop them from cutting support to their older versions.

That's how business works.....

Nothing to do with Windows, it's running fine for most of us.
JokerLeader

Thank you, let's hope so, it's a good game, so thes most people it reaches the better.
Babes each have their own stories - of course their scenes are tailored to them.
In all honesty, this is why I dislike Sandboxes. Scenes get written for individual characters rather than a story as a whole.

Reactions: BTLD

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
...except when the libraries don't run and/or compile on specific distros. I agree this is less of an issue on Linux and I use Linux for a lot of things, but it ain't perfect either.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes