FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Just read some of the posts. Some content was removed in the past, including from this site (due to rule 7 I believe) but was readded via patch. Does rule 7 not apply then? Seems weird. Just curious.
Rule 7 is there to make sure nothing which is against ... well, anything breaking rule 7 really, is stored or distributed on this site. So if a game has some sort of content which might be objectionable in that sense, it needs to be separate from the game as published/stored on this site. If someone else, externally has/supplies some sort of material that adds something to the game but might break rule 7 it needs to be in a place which is separate from f95. Simple really.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Rule 7 is there to make sure nothing which is against ... well, anything breaking rule 7 really, is stored or distributed on this site. So if a game has some sort of content which might be objectionable in that sense, it needs to be separate from the game as published/stored on this site. If someone else, externally has/supplies some sort of material that adds something to the game but might break rule 7 it needs to be in a place which is separate from f95. Simple really.
It is pretty weird when you consider that 99% of things 'on this site' are actually not stored on this site at all, but on Mega, Nopy, etc... Apparently clicking through one extra site makes it OK? I don't get it, but I'm not complaining.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
It is pretty weird when you consider that 99% of things 'on this site' are actually not stored on this site at all, but on Mega, Nopy, etc... Apparently clicking through one extra site makes it OK? I don't get it, but I'm not complaining.
BUT

Game version links:
You click a link HERE and it takes you to CONTENT

3rd Party links:
You click a link HERE and it takes you to a 3rd party page what happens there is out of F95 hands

see the difference?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
BUT

Game version links:

3rd Party links:
You click a link HERE and it takes you to a 3rd party page what happens there is out of F95 hands

see the difference?
I think what MoP was referring to was the "click link" takes you to a "your leaving F95zone" page, then you go to Nopy or MEGA .. etc. most of all the content is not stored on this site (besides the words and sigs) the games, are stored elsewhere.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
BUT

Game version links:

3rd Party links:

see the difference?
No. It's Game links: click a link it takes you to a different site where you can download things; Patch links: click a link it takes you to a different site where you can download things.

Oct 2, 2021
Mark Takagi

Just make sure to back up that gui folder so that when the new update comes out all you have to do is extract the game files and then use that edited gui folder to overwrite the new gui folder
Thanks for letting me know. I am not used to doing things like this. I normally just edit scripts and dialogues. This will be an interesting thing to attempt. :LOL:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I edit image files all the time so I usually keep the image/gui folder and when new updates come out I extract the game files and then use those folders to overwrite the new image/gui folder so that I don't have to keep doing it over and over again for each update.

Oct 2, 2021
I edit image files all the time so I usually keep the image/gui folder and when new updates come out I extract the game files and then use those folders to overwrite the new image/gui folder so that I don't have to keep doing it over and over again for each update.
Since I am a complete ignorant of this whole process, didn't see a GUI folder in my A69 directory. I mean I use Lain's mod, so do not know if that is the reason. I have only used UnRen a couple of times but I did look at the RenPy documentation site so once I'm done with my Parental Love runs, I'll look at it a bit closer

I have more than enough Evie screenies from this game so maybe once I figure it out here I could try it on others too if possible

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
BUT

Game version links:

3rd Party links:

see the difference?
One difference I see is that there are two components to create the patched game. The game is linked on the site, the patch is linked on the site, but a user must put them together locally, on their computer. That puts it outside of F95's hands. When an end product (combining both parts) are linked on F95, that is considered in violation of Rule 7 (like when people have linked .apk versions).

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
One difference I see is that there are two components to create the patched game. The game is linked on the site, the patch is linked on the site, but a user must put them together locally, on their computer. That puts it outside of F95's hands. When an end product (combining both parts) are linked on F95, that is considered in violation of Rule 7 (like when people have linked .apk versions).
Also keep in mind you follow the hyperlink to mega(one example) and get a download there at that end point

You follow a hyperlink to Lewd Patch and you are on that web site and their environment and THERE you have to click a link to follow to get to content for download. That is one step separation and F95 does not control those hyperlinks or what they link to. That is an IMPORTANT distinction. Very important.

PEACE

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Also keep in mind you follow the hyperlink to mega(one example) and get a download there at that end point

You follow a hyperlink to Lewd Patch and you are on that web site and their environment and THERE you have to click a link to follow to get to content for download. That is one step separation and F95 does not control those hyperlinks or what they link to. That is an IMPORTANT distinction. Very important.

PEACE
Better than my explanation. Thank you.

Reactions: Dragon59
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes