BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I hope we get to see more of Nea in the next update :D I know she had a lot of spotlight lately, but I kinda want to see how their relationship develops beyond the initial confession
Well, since she jumped off the roof, I have little interest in updates that basically include Nea content: To read comments like "I didn't remember what happened" "Too bad" or similar and finish the update I better wait for an update with content of other LIs.

Yes, the updates are unusually small compared to Parental Love. Nea is also an avoidable love interest, which is a weird combination with their being the central love interest of the game. So any update that focuses on them is going to seem even smaller to a large percentage of the player base. There's games out there with multiple avoidable fetishes or paths that can just about put out entire updates that have basically zero content for some players because they've focused on the optional stuff or alternate paths.
I've certainly seen less radical ways to avoid a love interest. What is certain is that once you have decided that you do not want her as LI (and I am not talking about the first option of skipping the scenes, but the second in which you already decide if you want a romance), the outcome is definitive. It is quite clear that there is no possibility that the MC can rethink it in the future. The interesting thing is going to be how the Dev deals with the scenes of other LIs in which Nea participates, but in which she cannot appear if the MC rejects her.

Cooldude17

Mar 17, 2019
Im all for having more content with the other girls, but we don't have to choose between all Nea or zero Nea... after all we often forget we got quite some content with other girls on the last update...
Yeah but having a focus on not nea stuff would be good. Nea is the lynchpin to the whole thing. I do the nea content but I'm surprised how much of this is nea.

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
The interesting thing is going to be how the Dev deals with the scenes of other LIs in which Nea participates, but in which she cannot appear if the MC rejects her.
Hopefully it's not just skipping them since they would be considered Nea content like when you don't befriend them

Reactions: BlasKyau

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I think that maybe the reason so much early content has focused on getting Nea's story out there was to get her content out of the way, so to speak. Since that story line has the potential to be contentious and some players will avoid it, by getting most of Nea's content done quickly now future updates can focus on other LIs. Nea will still get a little bit of content here and there, I'm sure; we still have to get Nea okay with the Harem Idea, deal with Nea's dad, and if Nea jumped in some people's game deal with that aftermath, but the big arc of Nea's story is kind of done. Now those who don't like Nea or who have other favorite LIs will not have to be upset because another later update or content is focused of Nea. Just my idea for the reason so much of the early focus seems to be Nea centered.

menhir_

Jan 7, 2021
I think styggtuff12 summed up my thoughts on the latest update perfectly. There's no problem including suicide/self-harm content in a game if you give fair warning, i.e. in the tags or as a TW at the start of the game. But to have a light-hearted VN slam me with an attempted (or successful) suicide that kind of guilts me into romancing a character? That sucks. There are plenty of other games I could play if I wanted to see that type of content, which I don't. This scene with Nea made me extremely uncomfortable and I'll be avoiding Luxee's content for the foreseeable future.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I think styggtuff12 summed up my thoughts on the latest update perfectly. There's no problem including suicide/self-harm content in a game if you give fair warning, i.e. in the tags or as a TW at the start of the game. But to have a light-hearted VN slam me with an attempted (or successful) suicide that kind of guilts me into romancing a character? That sucks. There are plenty of other games I could play if I wanted to see that type of content, which I don't. This scene with Nea made me extremely uncomfortable and I'll be avoiding Luxee's content for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, it's not like Nea was portrayed as being a victim of bullying or as the child of a transphobic bigot prior to her suicide :FacePalm:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah, it's not like Nea was portrayed as being a victim of bullying or as the child of a transphobic bigot prior to her suicide :FacePalm:
That actually made it worse. MC was Nea's friend, so when he rejects her, that quite literally pushes her over the edge. Rejected by her dad, her classmates, and now her only friend? Brutal.

If MC can just happily go on his way after that, he's sort of a psychopath himself too.

Seemed like Luxee decided to go too far and take the easy way out at the same time. Couldn't think of a non-romance path with her or didn't want to do one, so just have her die instead. Problem solved.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
That actually made it worse. MC was Nea's friend, so when he rejects her, that quite literally pushes her over the edge. Rejected by her dad, her classmates, and now her only friend? Brutal.

If MC can just happily go on his way after that, he's sort of a psychopath himself too.

Seemed like Luxee decided to go too far and take the easy way out at the same time. Couldn't think of a non-romance path with her or didn't want to do one, so just have her die instead. Problem solved.
You assume the story does continue on the Nea death route. For all you know, the next update will be the final one of that path and the story will only continue with Nea alive with a further branch to determine whether she an LI or the PLI :unsure:

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
The problem is that there's no middle ground. Either you engage in a romantic path with Nea, whether you want to or not, or they kill themselves. That's an unfair burden to put on the player, let alone someone in real life. Yes, there's definitely an effort here to cast light on the insanely high suicide rate among transpeople. But it's handled poorly. If there's a suicide path for Nea, it should be where the MC themselves bullies Nea or at least doesn't do enough non-romantically to be a friend and help this bullied person. Or if they toy with Nea's affections and use them sexually before dumping them. But not because they friendzone them.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
The problem is that there's no middle ground. Either you engage in a romantic path with Nea, whether you want to or not, or they kill themselves. That's an unfair burden to put on the player, let alone someone in real life. Yes, there's definitely an effort here to cast light on the insanely high suicide rate among transpeople. But it's handled poorly. If there's a suicide path for Nea, it should be where the MC themselves bullies Nea or at least doesn't do enough non-romantically to be a friend and help this bullied person. Or if they toy with Nea's affections and use them sexually before dumping them. But not because they friendzone them.
sending this to Lux.

Reactions: menhir_

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
You assume the story does continue on the Nea death route. For all you know, the next update will be the final one of that path and the story will only continue with Nea alive with a further branch to determine whether she an LI or the PLI :unsure:
I'm kinda hoping that this is the case.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
If so, I'm assuming that will be the last update I play.

Reactions: menhir_

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
If so, I'm assuming that will be the last update I play.
I guess nobody will care as long as you will be gone here too.

As I said very early on, this IS a game centering around Nea despite what a lot of angry people say.
Everybody who starts this game KNOWS what to expect and has no right to cry about the lack of content without Nea.
There a lot...really A LOT of other games that better suits other interests.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes