BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I guess nobody will care as long as you will be gone here too.

As I said very early on, this IS a game centing around Nea despite what a lot of angry people say.
Everybody who starts this game KNOWS what to expect and has no right to cry about the lack of content without Nea.
There a lot...really A LOT of other games that better suits other interests.
I don't care about your opinion either, so I guess I'll proceed to ignore you.

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
I guess nobody will care as long as you will be gone here too.

As I said very early on, this IS a game centing around Nea despite what a lot of angry people say.
Everybody who starts this game KNOWS what to expect and has no right to cry about the lack of content without Nea.
There a lot...really A LOT of other games that better suits other interests.
Sorry but that is simpy not true. When I started this VN, two or three updates ago, I had no clue that the story would progress in this fashion. Everything seemed to point to at least three different paths: Romance Nea, Befriend Nea and Ignore Nea. Me, and I would think many other people who are fans of Luxee's earlier work but not interested in pursuing Trans LI's, assumed that just like in Parental Love with Sofi, we could help her out without having to become romantically involved with her. If, as some people here suggest, there will only be a Nea route in the future then I'm out. Obviously the devs should do as they like, but I don't think it's smart how they really have not been clear in communicating this aspect of the VN.

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
Sorry but that is simpy not true. When I started this VN, two or three updates ago, I had no clue that the story would progress in this fashion.
This is a sex game. That is, all the main characters have sex with the MC. If the MC doesn't want to have sex with one of them, then the story line is over for that one. This is the case in most sex games. And, you can skip sexual if you don't like something there. So I don't understand your criticism.

I myself, I think that the problems of Nena are portrayed very well, impressively, quite realistically and amazingly sweetly. I really appreciate the portrayal of Nena's problems and feelings. And it made a great impression on me. Also, I don't understand why sex with a tranny bothers you, but sex with the "somewhat young" Evelyn doesn't.

Reactions: dfuser1

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure the author specifically created Nea as a trans character and then set up this game around her. She's not just a character in this story, she is the story.
Correct and it blows my mind that people refuse to see that. I don't know if Luxee will go as far as the dev of Halfway House and have be the only possible LI (Emily from HH is also the worst girl in the game) but it's undeniable that she's the main girl in the story.

toccata

Nov 24, 2020
Yeah, why would one thing bother a person, but another totally different and completely unrelated thing not bother them? It's mind-boggling.
Yes. Your "totally different and completely unrelated thing" is mind-boggling - For me.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Yes. Your "totally different and completely unrelated thing" is mind-boggling - For me.
You honestly equate having sex with a transwoman with sex with a loli-type character? I'm not passing judgement on either as a character in the game or the people that like either or both. I'm just saying that they are in no way equal things, and that it should in no way be confusing if a person likes or dislikes one but not the other. And both were supposed to be optional content in the game, although that's been executed with limited success. I'm not particularly interested in banging several characters in the game. Ideally none of them would be mandatory and you wouldn't be forced to pursue one, or to be punished if you don't, especially if the character involves a specific kink that has mixed appeal to people.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Correct and it blows my mind that people refuse to see that. I don't know if Luxee will go as far as the dev of Halfway House and have be the only possible LI (Emily from HH is also the worst girl in the game) but it's undeniable that she's the main girl in the story.
Well, I made her jump off the roof and that's how she's going to stay in my game. I don't plan to change that decision unless there is the option of friendship without romance. And I'm not even going to do it if it means my game ends in the next update.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Well, I made her jump off the roof and that's how she's going to stay in my game. I don't plan to change that decision unless there is the option of friendship without romance. And I'm not even going to do it if it means my game ends in the next update.
And you know what? I respect that postion, you recognise that this game may not be geated to your preferences and rather than demand changes you're willing to cut your losses and move on. Congrats on being an actual adult :)

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I'm pretty sure the author specifically created Nea as a trans character and then set up this game around her. She's not just a character in this story, she is the story.
Has the dev actually said so? If so, even as a fan of Nea, I'd be disappointed greatly. I figured this would be an opportunity to have several different playthroughs and have a different girl be the focus or maybe even a mini-harem. If Luxee is that hard for Nea and the other characters aren't going to have a way ahead, then I'll probably drop the VN, as well. Right now, it just seems very presumptuous of people to say this is Nea's story, unless they have heard from the dev that it is so.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Has the dev actually said so? If so, even as a fan of Nea, I'd be disappointed greatly. I figured this would be an opportunity to have several different playthroughs and have a different girl be the focus or maybe even a mini-harem. If Luxee is that hard for Nea and the other characters aren't going to have a way ahead, then I'll probably drop the VN, as well. Right now, it just seems very presumptuous of people to say this is Nea's story, unless they have heard from the dev that it is so.
Yeah, I haven't seen any evidence, in story or out of, that this is Nea's story to the detriment of anyone else. I think Nea has just been the focus early on because Luxee has to start somewhere and focusing on one character at a time is smart for workflow. It's possible that Nea was one of the earliest characters Luxee came up with, I wouldn't doubt it. Nea might even be a favorite, but to say its Nea's story just doesn't seem to fit. Sure, Nea is clearly central in many ways right now, but again, I think it's more down to having to work on somethings first so why not focus your efforts and then focus on someone else next.

I wouldn't be surprised if next update is mostly focused on someone else to such an extent that people would start to wonder if the next focus was the main LI of the story now...

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Yeah, I haven't seen any evidence, in story or out of, that this is Nea's story to the detriment of anyone else. I think Nea has just been the focus early on because Luxee has to start somewhere and focusing on one character at a time is smart for workflow. It's possible that Nea was one of the earliest characters Luxee came up with, I wouldn't doubt it. Nea might even be a favorite, but to say its Nea's story just doesn't seem to fit. Sure, Nea is clearly central in many ways right now, but again, I think it's more down to having to work on somethings first so why not focus your efforts and then focus on someone else next.

I wouldn't be surprised if next update is mostly focused on someone else to such an extent that people would start to wonder if the next focus was the main LI of the story now...
Yeah, I agree with you. That's how it seems to me, as well.

Reactions: JoeTheMC84

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
And you know what? I respect that postion, you recognise that this game may not be geated to your preferences and rather than demand changes you're willing to cut your losses and move on. Congrats on being an actual adult :)
Personally, if I had decision-making power, I would tell the story without Nea and with Nea (as a friend and as LI). But it isn't my story.

Certainly, if what you say happens, I won't be too excited, but it's not like I can do anything about it (except to indicate my disagreement). In any case, apart from the fact that I never see more than one ending in the games, I don't feel any sexual interest in trans characters, in fact it's a type of fetish that I don't like (neither trap, nor gay, nor futa, although there aren't any in this game, I don't like them sexually either). I wouldn't feel comfortable if the MC had a romantic relationship with Nea. So honestly I'm not going to do it. If that means that the game is over for me, so be it.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Luxee always wanted a transwoman in a game, at least as far back as Parental Love. I think this game was a chance to do that, and they're clearly an important character to it. Yet even on Luxee's official website Nea is just listed as one of several potential love interests. The game itself starts with the MC in the future, talking about their girlfriend, but obviously they aren't specific on who it is. It could be Nea. It could theoretically be any of the love interests.

At the same time, multiple love interests have their progression tied to events with Nea. Luxee has been focusing on Nea probably more than any other character. Although then again, they did kill them off to a sizable portion of the player base just because the MC didn't want to have sex with them. There's the incest aspect to the game that hasn't been explored too much, but is presumably somewhat central to it given there's three family members as love interests, and some master plan by the mother. And then there's also the loli part that Luxee goes to the effort of making extra content for, with multiple characters that qualify for that label.

It feels kind of like Luxee doesn't know what they want from the game. Is it about Nea, an incest central game, a loli game, or just another "gotta fuck them all" sex game? Honestly, the entire Nea thing would have played out better as its own visual novel. It's a deeper story than the rest of the game, so it feels kind of weird when it switches from that to random sex with the woman at school, and I'm sure it would continue to be strange as things progress with Nea but the MC is still chasing after every other girl. That holds true for a lot of games though where there's one character that's the love interest and others that are just there for sex. Maybe some of the other love interests will turn more romantic over time, but I haven't really seen a solid indication of that. And if Nea and the overall focus on the plight of trans youth is meant to be central to this story, why mix it in with so much distraction in the form of the other characters and kinks? Hopefully we'll get answers in future updates, but I kind of feel like Luxee is trying to figure things out right now too.

Reactions: menhir_

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Luxee always wanted a transwoman in a game, at least as far back as Parental Love. I think this game was a chance to do that, and they're clearly an important character to it. Yet even on Luxee's official website Nea is just listed as one of several potential love interests. The game itself starts with the MC in the future, talking about their girlfriend, but obviously they aren't specific on who it is. It could be Nea. It could theoretically be any of the love interests.

At the same time, multiple love interests have their progression tied to events with Nea. Luxee has been focusing on Nea probably more than any other character. Although then again, they did kill them off to a sizable portion of the player base just because the MC didn't want to have sex with them. There's the incest aspect to the game that hasn't been explored too much, but is presumably somewhat central to it given there's three family members as love interests, and some master plan by the mother. And then there's also the loli part that Luxee goes to the effort of making extra content for, with multiple characters that qualify for that label.

It feels kind of like Luxee doesn't know what they want from the game. Is it about Nea, an incest central game, a loli game, or just another "gotta fuck them all" sex game? Honestly, the entire Nea thing would have played out better as its own visual novel. It's a deeper story than the rest of the game, so it feels kind of weird when it switches from that to random sex with the woman at school, and I'm sure it would continue to be strange as things progress with Nea but the MC is still chasing after every other girl. That holds true for a lot of games though where there's one character that's the love interest and others that are just there for sex. Maybe some of the other love interests will turn more romantic over time, but I haven't really seen a solid indication of that. And if Nea and the overall focus on the plight of trans youth is meant to be central to this story, why mix it in with so much distraction in the form of the other characters and kinks? Hopefully we'll get answers in future updates, but I kind of feel like Luxee is trying to figure things out right now too.
A lot of what you say makes sense. Nea having their own VN certainly makes sense at this point. If Luxee is going to focus on one character so much, might as well make their own VN. I'm not giving up hope yet, but I'll probably not play again until we have some more certainty on what this is meant to be. As I said, I love the Nea character, but if I'm not able to explore the other characters more, then I have no longer have interest in this.

May 3, 2018
Nea's story was disappointing. Too much drama at once. They already even said I love you to each other, the relationship has reached its catharsis, there's nowhere to go now but to repeat already threaded ground. I wish they had stayed friends for longer with sexual events happening in between, making you think "how will THAT affect their relationship?"

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Nea's story was disappointing. Too much drama at once. They already even said I love you to each other, the relationship has reached its catharsis, there's nowhere to go now but to repeat already threaded ground. I wish they had stayed friends for longer with sexual events happening in between, making you think "how will THAT affect their relationship?"
Honestly, if I had to choose between prolonging the friendship with sexual events happening in between and Nea jumping off the roof. The roof wins.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
You could always save the roof for the ending of the route, rather than at the middle of it.
Well, in my game Nea has jumped, and she will stay that way unless there is a sexless friendship route. In fact, I prefer to be given the chance that she jumps before the sex part begins than after it has begun.

Reactions: MacaroniMonkey
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes