Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Corambis

They didn't take a break from PL to do this they did the first update of apartment 69 at the same time they were doing the wife only route for PL as many were not on the wife only route and the DEV wanted something for the people that were not on the wife only route to play. Both the wife only and first upload of apartment 69 were released at the same time.

Apartment 69 first update: V0.01: 717 Images - 27 September 2018
PL wife only route: V0.7: 189 Images - 27 September 2018

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Corambis

They didn't take a break from PL to do this they did the first update of apartment 69 at the same time they were doing the wife only route for PL as many were not on the wife only route and the DEV wanted something for the people that were not on the wife only route to play. Both the wife only and first upload of apartment 69 were released at the same time.

Apartment 69 first update: V0.01: 717 Images - 27 September 2018
PL wife only route: V0.7: 189 Images - 27 September 2018
The wife-only update was the very small update that few people wanted and a lot of people never saw because they never actively pursued just the wife. I imagine Luxee dashed that out pretty quickly and could have released it shortly after the previous update. Instead they sat on it until the release of A69 so that it presented the illusion that they'd been toiling over the tiny update the entire time and that the much larger A69 update somehow wasn't taking time away from PL. Because at the time patrons like me were supporting Luxee for Parental Love, and not some new game. And Luxee knew that technically he couldn't just take an obvious break from the game everyone was supporting to start work on another, or at least he'd take a lot of crap for it. Their plan was to get that first update of A69 out there and win people over with it so they'd vote to switch to that. Unfortunately for Luxee, that didn't happen. A69 lost every vote that came up related to it. People wanted more PL content instead.

So yeah, I'd still call it a break. It was time and effort taken away from PL, even if Luxee kept to their update schedule by putting out an update that was way too small.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
This isn't getting an update until mid-summer probably. For whatever reason, he is moving a lot slower than he used to. 7 scenes and 4 tasks shouldn't take nearly as long as it is.

This is becoming an issue for this game too. Little content per update yet longer update waits.

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
Honestly I don't understand why people want more content from a game that is complete, there were enough scenes for all of them, better explore A69 that just starting his relationship with the girls

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Honestly I don't understand why people want more content from a game that is complete, there were enough scenes for all of them, better explore A69 that just starting his relationship with the girls
It's Luxee who wants to make the content. There's some individual stuff that fans of PL are interested in, although people aren't really sure what some of the other scenes are about. To the best of my knowledge this isn't the result of fan pressure to go back and add more to the game.

I don't know if I'd call the game complete though. There was some stuff toward the end that was kind of rushed, because Luxee was anxious to move on to A69. As I've mentioned before, the flashback to the MC's sister losing her virginity it just two renders and a little bit of narrative. Now it sounds like it will be made into the full-blown scene it deserved to be the first time around, and Luxee will be adding in more stuff he felt was "missing." Think of this as the Snyder Cut of Parental Love, but with less slow motion and better lighting.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
A game is only ever really completed when the dev (or dev team) considers there's nothing to add to it.
I get that some people want Luxee to stop working on PL and focus solely on A69, but that's Luxee's choice to make. If they aren't satisfied with the state of PL, even though the tags here says "Complete", then the game's not complete.

Reactions: DA22 and Corambis

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I personally couldn't care less for PL even if I tried, but I want Luxee to polish that game as much as needed, so they can upload the game on Steam and start getting big fat checks every month from the sales

Reactions: Rutonat

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
The wife-only update was the very small update that few people wanted and a lot of people never saw because they never actively pursued just the wife. I imagine Luxee dashed that out pretty quickly and could have released it shortly after the previous update. Instead they sat on it until the release of A69 so that it presented the illusion that they'd been toiling over the tiny update the entire time and that the much larger A69 update somehow wasn't taking time away from PL. Because at the time patrons like me were supporting Luxee for Parental Love, and not some new game. And Luxee knew that technically he couldn't just take an obvious break from the game everyone was supporting to start work on another, or at least he'd take a lot of crap for it. Their plan was to get that first update of A69 out there and win people over with it so they'd vote to switch to that. Unfortunately for Luxee, that didn't happen. A69 lost every vote that came up related to it. People wanted more PL content instead.

So yeah, I'd still call it a break. It was time and effort taken away from PL, even if Luxee kept to their update schedule by putting out an update that was way too small.
A game is only ever really completed when the dev (or dev team) considers there's nothing to add to it.
I get that some people want Luxee to stop working on PL and focus solely on A69, but that's Luxee's choice to make. If they aren't satisfied with the state of PL, even though the tags here says "Complete", then the game's not complete.
I already saw a PL ending a long time ago, so in my case, I don't give a damn about anything the Dev adds to that game. But I don't think my opinion matters much either. So we'll have to wait.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
I personally couldn't care less for PL even if I tried, but I want Luxee to polish that game as much as needed, so they can upload the game on Steam and start getting big fat checks every month from the sales
In order to get the game suitable for steam, everyone would have to say goodbye to the unofficial patch and thus to all lolli content. Is that such a good idea? After all, that makes up a lot of the planned content

Reactions: Dardude and Rutonat

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
In order to get the game suitable for steam, everyone would have to say goodbye to the unofficial patch and thus to all lolli content. Is that such a good idea? After all, that makes up a lot of the planned content
why though? I don't remmember lolis being illegal on Steam, and Im pretty sure most adult games on the platform have unofficial patches to avoid censorship

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
why though? I don't remmember lolis being illegal on Steam, and Im pretty sure most adult games on the platform have unofficial patches to avoid censorship
Because it's illegal in a lot of countries, and Steam won't let it stand. When games are modded, they don't care because technically that's not in the product they sell, but you can't adverstise how to unlock that content without repercussion, and since that content was in the base version and just would be cut out for a Steam release... It'd quickly become a grey area that Steam might not want to deal with.
And big companies tend to just use sledgehammers for their "precision work".

raykun

Jul 12, 2017
View attachment 1723871
If you're here only to say "all dev scamming lmao", please kindly fuck off.
:sleep:

No Absolutely not its not always the Case there are Plenty of examples where Devs with much Funding did amazing work and keep publishing nice Games

I Support like ~17 Projects on Patreon so pls Don't judge everyone who is critical :LUL:

I Love this game so Far but Look at the Patreon its not looking to good tbh

Reactions: dav121

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020

No Absolutely not its not always the Case there are Plenty of examples where Devs with much Funding did amazing work and keep publishing nice Games

I Support like ~17 Projects on Patreon so pls Don't judge everyone who is critical :LUL:

WHAT you don't love tons of wallpapers?? HOW DARE YOU

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

Well, Mister Moneybags, if you were paying any sort of attention, instead of jumping on an occasion to say "lol dev taking months to milk patrons lmao" you'd know Luxee's working on polishing their other game to really call is completed.
But you don't strike me as the type to verify anything beforehand.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes