Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Well, Mister Moneybags, if you were paying any sort of attention, instead of jumping on an occasion to say "lol dev taking months to milk patrons lmao" you'd know Luxee's working on polishing their other game to really call is completed.
But you don't strike me as the type to verify anything beforehand.
Personally, I think Luxee going back to do stuff in PL is great. That was a much better game in my opinion. Current patrons may disagree, because they're more than likely paying to support A69 specifically. At an absolute level, we're currently looking at around four months since the last update for any game from Luxee. For A69, we're probably looking at around six to eight months between updates for the next update since the last back in December. There are certainly developers with a worse record, but that is still a long time. I think it would be fair if any supporters of his took him to task for doing what he wants versus what they're paying him to do, especially given their slowing development speed.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
why though? I don't remmember lolis being illegal on Steam, and Im pretty sure most adult games on the platform have unofficial patches to avoid censorship
I haven't played the game without the patch so i can't say much about the official content. With patch, however, some of the said lolitas look so underaged that we actually speak less of lollitas but more of pedo. And that's never possible with steam.

I've long since exceeded my tolerance limit. But I'm also more fixated on the other LI.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I still think PL should of had to wait till apartment 69 was done just like how apartment 69 had to wait till PL was done before going back to it.
Except a few people mentionned it didn't. A69 didn't wait until PL was finished, since Luxee is finishing PL now and A69 already exist. Your own argument contradict itself.
Just because this site has a "completed" tag doesn't mean anything. This site isn't the absolute metric by which game's states are decided.

Reactions: Corambis

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I still think PL should of had to wait till apartment 69 was done just like how apartment 69 had to wait till PL was done before going back to it.
Except a few people mentionned it didn't. A69 didn't wait until PL was finished, since Luxee is finishing PL now and A69 already exist. Your own argument contradict itself.
Just because this site has a "completed" tag doesn't mean anything. This site isn't the absolute metric by which game's states are decided.
The first update for A69 also came out while PL was being made, diverting resources away from that game. So now that Luxee is taking time away from A69 to do presumably one last update for PL, it all kind of balances out. Plus this is something that Luxee wants to do, and quite possibly needs to do. They may be at a point creatively where they need to get closure on ideas they had for PL before they can work much more with A69. I know that when I get writer's block with something I'm writing, sometimes the cure is to work on something else entirely to get my brain unstuck on the main project. After some time away and having made progress on something else, I can bring some freshness to the original story.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Rutonat

Luxee held polls for apartment 69 and PL to see which one they would work on each time a update was done. Each time PL won but apartment 69 was getting closer and closer to a win. But then Luxee decided to stop the polls and just finish PL completely first. So now that apartment 69 is the main game they should of did the same thing for apartment 69 like they did for PL and that is to wait for apartment 69 to be done completely before working on it again.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Rutonat

Luxee held polls for apartment 69 and PL to see which one they would work on each time a update was done. Each time PL won but apartment 69 was getting closer and closer to a win. But then Luxee decided to stop the polls and just finish PL completely first. So now that apartment 69 is the main game they should of did the same thing for apartment 69 like they did for PL and that is to wait for apartment 69 to be done completely before working on it again.
You're considering Luxee owes you to work on whatever you decide. That's not how it works. Luxee doesn't owe you anything, they work on whatever they want.
And I know you're gonna pull the paying patrons card, but that's the same. The Patreon isn't for A69, it's for all of their games. If you don't like the fact that they don't work on what you want, tough luck.

Reactions: josef2600

theldras

Apr 22, 2018
this may be a kinda weird thing to point out in a game like this but, the cinema scene with Sha'relle, the seats is way to spaced out, there is no way a cinema would waste that much space, with the space wasted you could have fit 1-2 additional seats per row without sacrificing comfort.

Mar 5, 2020
I would Say its The Money... over 5000€ Is much Money... Its Like SummerTime Saga....

Slower = Longer Time the money...
I have to admit, that one made me laugh. You come here accusing Luxee of milking, yet you did not take the time to read that the Patreon amount displayed is "per major update". If he is releasing every 3 month, he gets paid every 3 month. How is that for milking?

Reactions: Dardude

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I have to admit, that one made me laugh. You come here accusing Luxee of milking, yet you did not take the time to read that the Patreon amount displayed is "per major update". If he is releasing every 3 month, he gets paid every 3 month. How is that for milking?
Don't waste your time. The guy is likely accusing any dev taking longer than a week of milking patrons...

Reactions: DrYok and Dardude
Nov 6, 2020
this may be a kinda weird thing to point out in a game like this but, the cinema scene with Sha'relle, the seats is way to spaced out, there is no way a cinema would waste that much space, with the space wasted you could have fit 1-2 additional seats per row without sacrificing comfort.
I have actually seen theaters/cinemas spaced similarly to what's in that scene, but they're usually on the higher end of things for special occasions. Do agree that the local cinema (where I assume they went) wouldn't have so much leg room.

Oct 22, 2017
Some of the assets used in VNs just seem to have a weird default size or a lot of devs have a weird sense of size ... Like most of the scenes in cars where there is enough space to fit 5 people in one seat, the nose is at the same height as the windows bottom edge and no way could anyone reach the brake with how far to the back the seats are positioned ...

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Personally, I think a part of it is that Luxee needed a break from A69. Partway through PL they took a break to write the first update of A69. In fact, they wanted to switch to A69 at that point and put PL on hold, but that got voted down by their patrons. Now that they've been working on A69 for a while, the itch to do something different and recharge creatively must be pretty high. And maybe it gives them time to figure out what they want to do with the game, especially with killing off Nea for a huge portion of the players and the potential for extra work that causes them. Working on PL probably seems like a vacation in comparison, plus there are some unresolved things from that game. I was always disappointed that Jenna losing her virginity in the flashback stuff was just basically covered with two renders and a little narrative text.
So, as far as I know, PL is completed.

sasxmjcn

Dec 8, 2020
Luxee own website got a Progress Tracker

for PL V1.1

24-March-2022
5/7 SCENES DONE
1/4 TASKS DONE
Release estimate: I don't think getting at least the scenes done by April is unrealistic?

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes