Mar 24, 2022
Before I start my work, let me say a few non-confrontational things here;

The separate game for Nea was my idea, and I think it should happen, only because you can expand on what happens in this one and give her an ending that such a central character like her deserves. It could even just be a kinetic, like Avalon let's say. She wouldn't have to worry about the other girls, or the bullying, and if a pure romantic one-on-one path should happen, it should happen there.

I don't see her wanting to be a part of a harem if it happens in this game and I agree with Alex, she shouldn't be a part of one with people like Heather, although from what I have read in this thread they sorta do make up after the MC ambushes her. She can have the entirety of a single game focus on her. Now I don't think Luxee is going to do that and he's going to tell her story here, no matter how long or short it is.

As part of the harem thing let's go back to, there's certainly seeds planted of it; especially girls like Evie (I almost called her Ada) and Embie/Millie. Obviously, you have the house harem where the mother wants all of them together, so there's that as well plus Seki & Alicia (I REALLY!!!!!!!! don't want that to happen, keep Alicia away from my Japanese princess)

There's no way to know what's going to happen in the end, we're barely in the mid/late beginning at this point. I personally want a few solo routes and a MFF with certain girls. I don't think we'll get a full harem, especially since there's no tag for it. I could always find out from Lux on his Discord, but there hasn't been much mention of the game or the characters in relation to that or ending possibilities. We're just going to have to ride it out and see what happens, but I don't remember Lux giving hints on PL endings either, although that was a straight VN so things were more obvious.

Naturally, we all want different things. That's what makes threads and that's what builds discussion. Nea being one of the biggest characters and most important central characters I've ever seen in a VN makes this game different, plus when you add the sandbox method around it instead of a straight VN also makes it different.

PL's routes were obvious, and besides the harem route, some of the girls were going to get fucked over in the end; Jenna, Ada, Elly, Emily & Sofi.

None of the girls were able to do or achieve things unless you went on either their route or the harem route. In this game, going all or nothing with Nea could very well be the main storyline of every other girls' route. I don't know. I hope not, for my personal reasons. We all play this game coming at it from our own opinions and ideals; what works for one group or person won't for the other. I wouldn't want to be a game dev, trying to please everyone, especially in a game like this, where such a polarizing character like Nea has such a foothold on it.

I doubt the suicide was Lux's way to please those who can't stand her. To me she did seem (or seems) to be an all or nothing character, so I have no idea what's going to happen with .07 or if all of the girls' storylines are going to include her at some point. I'll drop this game if it does, but I also don't think Lux is going to have her trespass on other girls' relationships. There's no way to know and we're at his mercy.

Let's all try to enjoy the ride and hopefully the destination pleases most players.

Reactions: alex2011

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Nea will take to the harem for what it offers: love and support--she'll be very close to Heather giving the similarities.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Nea will join the harem because she'll finally be part of a group that will love her and treat her with respect just like the MC does and that she'll finally feel like she actually belongs. The only people I don't see joining the harem are the teacher - Eric - jealous brother.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Nea will join the harem because she'll finally be part of a group that will love her and treat her with respect just like the MC does and that she'll finally feel like she actually belongs. The only people I don't see joining the harem are the teacher - Eric - jealous brother.
the teacher will--she won't refuse the MC.

Reactions: Bev_

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Nea will take to the harem for what it offers: love and support--she'll be very close to Heather giving the similarities.
Maybe if there is a way to get around Nea's dependence on the MC, as things are now, being a part of a harem could end up just fueling a feeling of abandonment because the MC won't be exclusive. In turn, that would fuel another potential suicide.

the teacher will--she won't refuse the MC.
I can definitely see every other character being fully willing to join, it would only really be a matter of what options are coded in and what the player chooses.

Not if I have any say in it and if we get forced into dragging her ass along I'll be utilizing the CTRL button whenever she appears to make her ass disappear faster.
Same on the forcing, but if not forced, I will probably try to add her.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Maybe if there is a way to get around Nea's dependence on the MC, as things are now, being a part of a harem could end up just fueling a feeling of abandonment because the MC won't be exclusive. In turn, that would fuel another potential suicide.
I disagree. this gives her the family she wants. certainly will bound with Heather and the MC's family... most girls seem to be in similar situations.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I disagree. this gives her the family she wants. certainly will bound with Heather and the MC's family... most girls seem to be in similar situations.
Nea's been pushed into the darkness by the bullies and Nea's father. Then along comes one single person shining a light into that darkness who Nea happens to develop what I still consider false feelings for him and him alone, not false as in Nea doesn't feel them, but false in that it is an attachment to Nea's savior and not actual love. So what will Nea do when he turns out to be in love with other characters? Nea will feel like the MC abandoned Nea for the harem, this pushing Nea right back into the darkness, but this time with no one to shine that light to pull Nea out again. That darkness could then consume Nea, resulting in unbearable emotional pain and the thought process that there is only one way out of that pain, death, which leads to suicide.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Nea's been pushed into the darkness by the bullies and Nea's father. Then along comes one single person shining a light into that darkness who Nea happens to develop what I still consider false feelings for him and him alone, not false as in Nea doesn't feel them, but false in that it is an attachment to Nea's savior and not actual love. So what will Nea do when he turns out to be in love with other characters? Nea will feel like the MC abandoned Nea for the harem, this pushing Nea right back into the darkness, but this time with no one to shine that light to pull Nea out again. That darkness could then consume Nea, resulting in unbearable emotional pain and the thought process that there is only one way out of that pain, death, which leads to suicide.
I don't agree. now, were that to be a secret or should he spend more time with others? you would be correct. I don't agree that Nea doesn't really love him--while I don't dismiss your point that she views him as her savior.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't agree. now, were that to be a secret or should he spend more time with others? you would be correct. I don't agree that Nea doesn't really love him--while I don't dismiss your point that she views him as her savior.
I don't agree that Nea loves him, this seems too easy to be actual love and not some reversed Stockholm Syndrome where instead of falling for the aggressors, Nea fell for the savior. That's all the MC seems to be to Nea at the moment. Also, it doesn't take a secret, all that has to happen is Nea finding out that the MC is going behind Nea's back. It would be a betrayal deeper than any Nea has ever felt second only to Nea's father and betrayal by someone close is one of the easiest ways to trigger suicide in someone who is already suffering immense anguish.

Mar 24, 2022
I don't agree that Nea loves him, this seems too easy to be actual love and not some reversed Stockholm Syndrome where instead of falling for the aggressors, Nea fell for the savior. That's all the MC seems to be to Nea at the moment. Also, it doesn't take a secret, all that has to happen is Nea finding out that the MC is going behind Nea's back. It would be a betrayal deeper than any Nea has ever felt second only to Nea's father and betrayal by someone close is one of the easiest ways to trigger suicide in someone who is already suffering immense anguish.
Exactly. There's so many things and so many girls in this game after the MC, if Nea happened to find out about ANY of that, she would feel the betrayal and I think it would be worse than initially turning her down. She wouldn't feel good enough at all and most likely tragedy would happen again.

If she saw the MC with anyone else, forget it. It's all over again. She latched on to the first person that protected her, and whether it's love or not, it's not really healthy because her whole life and happiness now revolves around the MC, one wrong step and it could be disaster.

Nothing about that relationship in my mind right now is good. She already doesn't feel good enough about herself. Her seeing him kiss another girl? Oh lord

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Exactly. There's so many things and so many girls in this game after the MC, if Nea happened to find out about ANY of that, she would feel the betrayal and I think it would be worse than initially turning her down. She wouldn't feel good enough at all and most likely tragedy would happen again.

If she saw the MC with anyone else, forget it. It's all over again. She latched on to the first person that protected her, and whether it's love or not, it's not really healthy because her whole life and happiness now revolves around the MC, one wrong step and it could be disaster.

Nothing about that relationship in my mind right now is good. She already doesn't feel good enough about herself. Her seeing him kiss another girl? Oh lord
Agreed, Nea's already extremely vulnerable and volatile and that isn't going to end overnight. We already found out just how close Nea is to suicide, one push is all it takes and this would push Nea for sure.

Nea will always be apart of my harem and she'll be surrounded by too many people that love her for her to think about anything but love and the word abandonment will be forgotten.
We'll see, but for now, I'm keeping any Nea and harem runs separate so as to avoid any chance of another suicide. I am not taking chances around a suicidal character.

Mar 24, 2022
Agreed, Nea's already extremely vulnerable and volatile and that isn't going to end overnight. We already found out just how close Nea is to suicide, one push is all it takes and this would push Nea for sure.

We'll see, but for now, I'm keeping any Nea and harem runs separate so as to avoid any chance of another suicide. I am not taking chances around a suicidal character.
Agreed. As someone who has attempted suicide more than a dozen times mostly through ODs and a few creative CSI/NCIS methods, it's not a healthy thing to be around. I for one know how volatile and fragile a single action or word or two can be. It's not something to be taken lightly for sure, especially to a character as fragile as she is.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
That would be a secret.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017

Finding she was just one of many girls, especially a wide range of them, wouldn't be good for her mentally in my mind. She thinks the MC likes her for her, and not just because he will fuck anything with a heartbeat, including family members. The idea that she herself in turn could be loved would be shattered. Or at least that's how it should play out.

I do think she wants a family. Her current family sucks. I just don't think she's looking for a harem family. She's probably already thinking of a wedding dress, a honeymoon with the MC, and adopting kids and a cat and dog.

Nea will always be apart of my harem and she'll be surrounded by too many people that love her for her to think about anything but love and the word abandonment will be forgotten.
Disclaimer here in that generally I don't like harems. They feel forced and then there's also a feeling of a cult to them, possibly because they are a feature of some religions and especially cults. And what we're describing here is basically a cult where Nea is love-bombed by the others because she's vulnerable. If she joins, it's either because of her mental health or just because it still beats her current life and she's willing to settle.

Nea needs her own path, at least as an option. Or maybe Luxee can write things so that Nea joins the harem and it makes sense, and isn't just kind of sad because she's settled for far less than she wanted. The other women more or less will all fit into the harem, but then again none of them have the depth of Nea's character, and none of them as desperately need the full attention of someone who loves them and them alone.

Mar 24, 2022
Finding she was just one of many girls, especially a wide range of them, wouldn't be good for her mentally in my mind. She thinks the MC likes her for her, and not just because he will fuck anything with a heartbeat, including family members. The idea that she herself in turn could be loved would be shattered. Or at least that's how it should play out.

I do think she wants a family. Her current family sucks. I just don't think she's looking for a harem family. She's probably already thinking of a wedding dress, a honeymoon with the MC, and adopting kids and a cat and dog.

Disclaimer here in that generally I don't like harems. They feel forced and then there's also a feeling of a cult to them, possibly because they are a feature of some religions and especially cults. And what we're describing here is basically a cult where Nea is love-bombed by the others because she's vulnerable. If she joins, it's either because of her mental health or just because it still beats her current life and she's willing to settle.

Nea needs her own path, at least as an option. Or maybe Luxee can write things so that Nea joins the harem and it makes sense, and isn't just kind of sad because she's settled for far less than she wanted. The other women more or less will all fit into the harem, but then again none of them have the depth of Nea's character, and none of them as desperately need the full attention of someone who loves them and them alone.
I agree completely on how detrimental it would be for her, which is why I initially thought of the idea for her to have her own game and not have to deal with teh BS in this one; the bullying, the other girls, and other bullshit. The MC basically has to be monogamous if he wants to start a relationship with her and he really has to be careful where his eyes wander off to.

As for harems, I don't like them at all and only in Luxee's games do I even consider MFF combinations too (like the Ada/Elly ending in PL) I'm not a very big fan of things like that and usually I just want a one-on-one with a girl in these games. I learned through PL that you really don't get that, only with Emily, and that was not a fun route at all having to repeatedly turn down Elly at every turn. God that broke my heart to do that route.

I'm hoping she doesn't have to be a central LI in the game for all the other relationships in the game to work. I want my specific endings, and I hope that she doesn't have to be a part of that in order for her to not commit suicide. If I wanted a solo with Seki, Millie, or Evie, I shouldn't have to keep Nea around (or alive) for that. That's what has me spooked in this game is the necessity of her being a part of any LI route other than hers.

Knowing Lux, he'll have a harem route for the "Gotta catch 'em all" players but hopefully for ones that don't want that, we'll have a good selection of Solos or MFFs, and hopefully one of them is NOT a route with Seki & Alicia with the MC. *Shudders*

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Searching for so much realism in a game about a guy making himself a harem with girls ranging from 10 to 40, including both his sisters, with the blessing of his mom, who will probably join in... Never fail to get a sigh out of me.

Last edited:

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I don't disagree. sometimes, life doesn't work that way, though.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes