Trenia

Nov 1, 2019
Honestly I'm surprised to find out that Nea possibly dies, she is the reason I watch this thread and check in every now and then hoping for some good news on development so I never even considered seeing what happens on the other route.
Hell I would be content if the dev broke off from this game and made one just about MC and Nea and their burgeoning relationship as I just want to see that poor sweet girl find her happiness.
Not that I dislike anyone else in the game, Nea is simply one of my overall favorites.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Honestly I'm surprised to find out that Nea possibly dies, she is the reason I watch this thread and check in every now and then hoping for some good news on development so I never even considered seeing what happens on the other route.
Hell I would be content if the dev broke off from this game and made one just about MC and Nea and their burgeoning relationship as I just want to see that poor sweet girl find her happiness.
Not that I dislike anyone else in the game, Nea is simply one of my overall favorites.
and Heather.

Reactions: LPZ

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Never understood why people got to bitch about stupid stuff, if something isn't your cup of tea, there's no point in attacking developer when you can in most games either ignore the thing or just go on and play other games. Best guess i got why someone would hate character like Nea to the point of attacking developer, is that they are so bigoted that they can't stand when others have likes of their own and possibly bit self-hating for actually finding the character something that draws them in, which goes against their own self idea that they are 100% straight only. Bit like those religious nutters that hate gays because their religion says to do so, while secretly fancying them.

(Just to point out, this message is not in any way targeting specific individuals. But if you felt insulted or attacked by this condemnation of people who attacked dev because they had trans-character as one of the big LIs, you might want to think about why you are so toxic and can't let people be themselves)
Thank you! Exactly, I'm always puzzled when people complain about a Love Interest that you aren't interested in. It's not like it's the THREE LETTER word or anything. It's just a girl that you don't like. I'm currently writing a story where there are two young women, one of whom is trans. It isnt' until recently that I realized I must have been heavily inspired by Nea. If I ever turn it into a game on this site, I'm gonna tell all the intolerant people that she's 100% a part of the game. You don't have to fuck her, but if you can't handle different types of people, be that creed, religion, gender or whatever, you can fuck off.

When I come here I wanna relax with like minded perverts that have a love for the VN game. Politics and hatred left behind. I feel this game was trying to do that, then, to some, almost literally drove Nea over a cliff D: I'm hoping the Dev can make that plot line NOT end in Nea's death and instead make her a platonic character instead. Also, they should get a better rhythm that works for them cause it isn't working whatever it is. Seems to take them forever to finish non-complex scenes. And the scenes that ARE done are very short. Not complaining, just wanted to voice my faults with this game so it isn't completely off topic.

Once again, thanks for your thoughts. It's a good reminder to be good to everyone and let people be people. Hopefully good ones :)

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I didn't even know about Nea leaving the story. Interesting.
I have been avoiding and skipping its elements right from the start. Not my cup of tea.
Too weak for this world, it seems. Or, from a meta level, more pain in the ass regarding telling the story than a win.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I mean there was backlash already because Nea is a trans girl. I think the plan was most likely for you to be able to be friends with her if you didn't want a romantic relationship but since people were complaining so much about her being trans the dev probably thought "you don't like her? Ok if you don't want to pursue her, then she just dies and you don't have to deal with her anymore and complain all the time that she is trans".
Nea has the best story in the game, just because I don't want the MC to have a romantic relationship with her doesn't mean I want her to smash to the ground: I've watched her story so far with no problem and could have continued watching it, in other games if you don't start a relationship with a LI they don't kill her.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Nea has the best story in the game, just because I don't want the MC to have a romantic relationship with her doesn't mean I want her to smash to the ground: I've watched her story so far with no problem and could have continued watching it, in other games if you don't start a relationship with a LI they don't kill her.
I think you can play the romance parts perfectly fine, just close your eyes with your fingers during the INTERESTING moments. Easy. Pro tip, don't part your fingers like you're playing peekaboo, you might spot some Peen. :WeSmart:

I agree that Nea is amazing. Luxee needs to fix this!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I didn't even know about Nea leaving the story. Interesting.
I have been avoiding and skipping its elements right from the start. Not my cup of tea.
Too weak for this world, it seems. Or, from a meta level, more pain in the ass regarding telling the story than a win.
She only leaves on one branch, not on her route.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I think you can play the romance parts perfectly fine, just close your eyes with your fingers during the INTERESTING moments. Easy. Pro tip, don't part your fingers like you're playing peekaboo, you might spot some Peen. :WeSmart:
Like I said, I'm not interested in romance with her.

Trenia

Nov 1, 2019
Like I said, I'm not interested in romance with her.
Which is perfectly reasonable, people who like her character/story but don't want to romance her should have the option of a platonic relationship with her. She does somewhat latch onto the first nice person to come along (which is kinda understandable for her to fall for MC) but there is plenty of story to be told for her to grow and find a level of comfort within herself and her peers then find somebody to form a relationship with in the future.

People who can't even stand her being in the game though can either find another game or simply fast forward skip over any of her parts. It takes no effort at all to fast forward (can even right click skip to FF to next choice/segment), lord knows I've skipped through characters/plot lines I don't find interesting (usually antagonists).

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Which is perfectly reasonable, people who like her character/story but don't want to romance her should have the option of a platonic relationship with her. She does somewhat latch onto the first nice person to come along (which is kinda understandable for her to fall for MC) but there is plenty of story to be told for her to grow and find a level of comfort within herself and her peers then find somebody to form a relationship with in the future.

People who can't even stand her being in the game though can either find another game or simply fast forward skip over any of her parts. It takes no effort at all to fast forward (can even right click skip to FF to next choice/segment), lord knows I've skipped through characters/plot lines I don't find interesting (usually antagonists).
I have no issue with her being trans, or trans being in games in general, I just want the option for friendship, not Romance or Suicide, but we were never given that choice unfortunately.

Reactions: Duke Leo
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes