Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I guess he has a busy life and can't or doesn't want to put all his time into the game, maybe he got tired of making the game and only works on it when he feels like it or has a bit of time, maybe for that reason he only charges for updates, he doesn't want to be called a scammer.
Well if that is the case then I think he probably should the remove the full time goal on patreon.

Reactions: dav121

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
I am not a supporter of luxee and I am not trying to defend him, but the guy only charges when there is an update and also, as I already said, I am not subscribed to his patreon or ss, so I don't care when the update comes out, I play this game for free like many here (including the haters) although I understand that it can be a bit annoying that he does not meet the deadlines, but still, I do not understand how someone who is not a subscriber can be so upset
Yeah I don't understand why Luxee only charges when a new update is released. If the objective is to work on the game full time it would make more sense to have a monthly subscription.
SS is monthly. Patreon is just a bonus for every release.

Oct 22, 2017
SS is monthly. Patreon is just a bonus for every release.
SS has no option for 'per update' as far as I know, and he only created that account after people kept coming back about not wanting to use Patreon.

So while it is monthly and may be pretty convenient for Luxee, it didn't seem to be planned by him when it became an available option.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Maaaannnn, it's sad to see this game taking soooooooooooo long.
Luxee use to make his updates of Parental Love around every 2.5 months, with apartment #69, it's more then 6 month when he works on it, when it's no paused.
You see, with Parental Love, we had roughly 22 updates in 60 month (almost 5 update per year), with Apartment #69, we have an average of 5 updates in 60 month (1 update per year).

I know i'm not paying when there no update and i should shut my yap about it, but i'll do better that that, i'll sadly delete it from my computer and when i say sadly, i mean sadly because i loved that game, but not to occupy space in the computer for an average of one update a year.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
whats the overall status of development? like - is dev in bad times right now and things might pick up later or current update cycle is all we ever get?
i mean - it's been over a year already and looking at 0.07 progress tracker it feels like whole update is couple hundred renders at most, so i wonder if thats how it will be (which is pretty much guaranteed actual *A* tag sooner or later) or maybe there is hope for the future

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This is just my opinion, but I think luxee probably lost motivation when people were shitting on Nea being the focus point in a lot of the updates. I think that was also the reason why he just decided to kill her if you didn't want to pursue a romantic relationship with her.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
This is just my opinion, but I think luxee probably lost motivation when people were shitting on Nea being the focus point in a lot of the updates. I think that was also the reason why he just decided to kill her if you didn't want to pursue a romantic relationship with her.
he was an idiot for bowing down to them. a dev should bow down to those who like the game and wants it be better. now, we all suffer.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Those guys are clowns, it's more than clear that nea is the main LI of this game, if you don't like it go play another game

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Burnout was defiantly a thing given the tone of the last Patreon posts. Also evidence were shown by the little notes they would leave on the update tracker site. They have been working on a single scene since before the end of December, and now were heading towards the middle of March. At this point no one really knows what's going on.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Burnout was defiantly a thing given the tone of the last Patreon posts. Also evidence were shown by the little notes they would leave on the update tracker site. They have been working on a single scene since before the end of December, and now were heading towards the middle of March. At this point no one really knows what's going on.
When you work your ass off and half your playerbase shits on you because of characters you evidently love to work on, it's hardly surprising you end up not managing to keep going at the same pace, to be honest...

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Those guys are clowns, it's more than clear that nea is the main LI of this game, if you don't like it go play another game
I would say her and the mc's family are probably the main love interests, all the other girls feel like side characters.

When you work your ass off and half your playerbase shits on you because of characters you evidently love to work on, it's hardly surprising you end up not managing to keep going at the same pace, to be honest...
I don't even think it was half of the player base. The ones that hate Nea are just very loud. I think most people either like nea or are indiferent since the stuff with her is optional.

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
Kinda sad really, how some loud individuals reacted to Nea, considering I played this game specifically for Nea and Cha'relle (was that her name, been a while).

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
And a bunch of the people that weren't into Nea as a love interest still liked her as a character, they just didn't want to get in her pants. I would have been very happy with a platonic route for Nea where we set her up with a great guy.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
And a bunch of the people that weren't into Nea as a love interest still liked her as a character, they just didn't want to get in her pants. I would have been very happy with a platonic route for Nea where we set her up with a great guy.
and has that EVER worked?

iopq

Feb 16, 2018
I personally have grown fond of games like BitBG / SaSP where you can more or less be more cruel toward characters if you wish.

While somewhat sinister I think the option to lead Nea on or bully them and having that lead to their demise is a missed opportunity. There is the sadistic side obviously but past that you get a genuine powerful player response for the choices they made. It could be happiness, horror, confusion, regret, etc.

I really hope that this will be revisited and implemented in a final version of the game.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes