• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Guess this Pool Party is gonna be real huge if it took so long to make it.
I think the problem there is in the mental state of the developer or his social workload, and not the amount of content in a potential update.
A long gap of time between updates does often end up setting the expectation that the update will be something big or momentous when it does hit. Fans mentally build up the update prior to it being released. If it turns out to just be another update or doesn't move things along fast enough, then people are inevitably disappointed. Its one thing to have mediocre updates when you're producing on a more regular schedule. People don't care as much if the March update is full of story-building if they know the next update will be out by May and will likely have more interesting content. I think devs would be smart to make sure that if their fans had to wait extra long for their update, that it is worth their wait. Although adding content as a means of making the update more rewarding doesn't help if it delays the dev another few months or more. Partially, I think devs need to re-think the pacing of their story and their plans for each update if they can't commit to a regular schedule. When you only have 1-2 updates a year or less, any dev should take care to make sure those updates deliver and make the players feel like its worth their time to wait for the next one.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I think devs would be smart to make sure that if their fans had to wait extra long for their update, that it is worth their wait.
Sooo "Fuck the dev's mental state, if they make us wait that long it better be the biggest update" ? Because that's what it sounds like, honestly. But you're not usually like that so I'm gonna chuck it on the idea that it wasn't greatly written.

To that however, because I know there are people who actually think that way, I would have only two things to answer :
1. Devs aren't machines. Their work schedule depends of their mental state, personal situation, avaliability. Just because they took longer doesn't mean they are obligated to pump out more content. Especially when it's not their full time job.
2. Most of the people on here complaining about the delays don't pay Luxee in the first place. You don't pay, you don't get to complain about how long it takes. Simple as that. You just sit back down, find another game to keep you busy in the meantime. This site has loads of them.

Although adding content as a means of making the update more rewarding doesn't help if it delays the dev another few months or more.
Adding content as a mean to make it look like you worked your ass off is called artificially inflating content. It's what some AAA studios do with modern games by making you backtrack, farm useless crap and amputate experience gain. It never works out the way they intend to.
I'd rather Luxee admits they have it rough and had to slow down than see them get shat on even more by entitled pricks (and no I'm not talking about you).

Partially, I think devs need to re-think the pacing of their story and their plans for each update if they can't commit to a regular schedule. When you only have 1-2 updates a year or less, any dev should take care to make sure those updates deliver and make the players feel like its worth their time to wait for the next one.
The thing to keep in mind here is that Luxee never made a sandboxy game like this one. They were upfront about not having experience in it. And some will say "Then they should have done like the previous game", but no. No, because you never get any experience if you never do it.
They had an idea, decided to go for it. Take it or leave it. At the end of the day, it's Luxee's project, not a commision by other people. Only Luxee has a right to decide what to make.

As for organization, while it's a solid argument, the thing with Luxee is that they clearly decided to work on paths depending on their inspiration. In my opinion, it shows in the content already present, and as someone creative I get the idea. When you follow inspiration rather than force yourself, you end up writting way better stuff. It flows more naturally without seeming like something got chopped off and stitched back together because both parts were made months apart.
It's all about that drive and seemless writting.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
If Luxee is in a fragile mental state, then dropping another update is the last thing they should be doing. They should just call it good, and rest on their laurels. To do otherwise is not going to put them in a better place mentally. It could be the perfect update, and people would still complain. We'll get the open transphobes coming back or new ones discovering the game, to name just one of the bad things that will happen. If its an update that people in general like and give positive feedback to temper the bad, that can be overlooked somewhat hopefully by Luxee. But if it's a bad update, or just one that makes people go "we waited a year for this?" then I guess I don't see the value for either Luxee or his fans. Most people already assume they're out of the game. Just stay out. Luxee and this game have dropped off of their radar. But if they're looking to get back in, it would help if they could do it with some good cards in their hand in the form of a good update. And they need to be ready for the chaos that will ensue if another update drops. Personally I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to any of that unless they had to. I'd have to be pretty confident in my next update before I'd risk all that again.

Last edited:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
If Luxee is in a fragile mental state, then dropping another update is the last thing they should be doing. They should just call it good, and rest on their laurels. To do otherwise is not going to put them in a better place mentally. It could be the perfect update, and people would still complain. We'll get the open transphobes coming back or new ones discovering the game, to name just one of the bad things that will happen. If its an update that people in general like and give positive feedback to temper the bad, that can be overlooked somewhat hopefully by Luxee. But if it's a bad update, or just one that makes people go "we waited a year for this?" then I guess I don't see the value for either Luxee or his fans. Most people already assume they're out of the game. Just stay out. Luxee and this game have dropped off of their radar. But if they're looking to get back in, it would help if they could do it with some good cards in their hand in the form of a good update. And they need to be ready for the chaos that will ensue if another update drops. Personally I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to any of that unless they had to. I'd have to be pretty confident in my next update before I'd risk all that again.
The problem is, aside from Nea, most of the abuse and harassment Luxee gets is probably from the "lack of update". So I can understand the pressure of putting one out anyway...
That poor dev cannot catch a fucking break with all the entitled fucks out there.

Reactions: Dragon59

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
I really don't know but I don't think Luxee has any mental problem. What I can remember was that he wanted to create a different style game and according his inspiration he tries his best to learn and create this game. But any problem with the delays it seems to me that real life is holding him back and although what he is facing, he still tries to deliver what he can do.

That's what I think.

Reactions: Grelk

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I really don't know but I don't think Luxee has any mental problem. What I can remember was that he wanted to create a different style game and according his inspiration he tries his best to learn and create this game. But any problem with the delays it seems to me that real life is holding him back and although what he is facing, he still tries to deliver what he can do.

That's what I think.
After all the BS in this thread (and maybe elsewhere), about Nea, I can understand him taking his time/in no hurry to release.

Reactions: Dragon59
Dec 25, 2020
There is no game I replayed as often as this besides My Sweet Neighbours. I want it to continue. I need more content with Millie. And also with the asian chick's little sister. And My little sister. And my girlfriend. And the indian girl. And of course the main character.

Chrism489

Feb 12, 2022
probably a censored version :unsure: In the uncensored version, the picture is just dark
Hmm, I used the lewdpatch that was available for download. Is there an uncensored version available elsewhere? I used to be on his SS but had cancelled it a bit ago

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hmm, I used the lewdpatch that was available for download. Is there an uncensored version available elsewhere? I used to be on his SS but had cancelled it a bit ago
I've just looked closely, this is the dark version. If you lighten the picture, you can see her body. But even so, on a good monitor, you can see her hands, which are slightly lighter than the rest of the photo.

llAzurusll

Oct 6, 2022
No amount of new updates is going to fix that though. Its because of the decision Luxee made that the game's concept is looking back from the future at specific memories from the MC's past. So we get certain scenes, but little to no build up for them so they don't have much impact. We don't get a feel for the love interests or get to see them as fully fleshed out individuals. Most are just fetishes wrapped in flesh. So for the loli sister or the loli asian or other love interests we have sudden escalations of nudes being sent and things like that, but not a good feel for why it is all happening or why we should honestly care. Future updates will just jump us ahead in the relationships without the context that would actually give the scenes we did see any meaning.

I applaud Luxee for trying new things with this game and just not trying to make a game identical to PL. Except PL was a much better game, even at "only" six updates in. The things Luxee chose to do differently in this game just aren't working, like the memory thing, or the sandbox, trying to blend Nea's story with a harem game, or any number of other things. There's an awful lot of valid criticism that sometimes gets overshadowed by the occasional blatant transphobism or gets lumped in with it unfairly. On the other hand, the main praise I see for the game time and again is literally just "Nea is cute". I think most of those people would be just as content with a slideshow showing different increasingly lewd renders of Nea or just a simple visual novel. Luxee could have knocked that out pretty quickly. Except Luxee wanted this game to be something that could be as popular and lucrative as PL was, and they'll get zero shade from me on that. Money to do something you like is good. What I will throw shade at is all of the bad choices they made to get us to this point and their increasing lack of engagement with the game and their supporters. I was one of those paid supporters for most of PL and the first few updates of A69, and at this point I regret spending any money on this game because my support of it was based on promises Luxee hasn't kept, and what I was given just wasn't anywhere near the same quality as what I'd come to expect from Luxee.
Alot of these games for me are love for the characters, story or both. The story romances in this one i really liked but its sad to see this is probably never gonna be continued, so if any of you have any similar titles lmk, I prefer avoidable ntr

nonononononooooo

Jun 21, 2019
Alot of these games for me are love for the characters, story or both. The story romances in this one i really liked but its sad to see this is probably never gonna be continued, so if any of you have any similar titles lmk, I prefer avoidable ntr

Bro....he literally updated the tracker like... a few days ago? You're being a little dramatic. Just be patient.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes