Morho

May 16, 2023
Actually if you choose the option where Nea jumps, she can keep appearing in the memories of other LIs as long as they are before that, which will give a very sad feeling because you know what will happen to her if you choose that you would rather be her friend than have a romantic relationship with her.
no sad memories...just let him jump earlier in game.

Aug 27, 2021
Like previous game, Parental Love - which was awesome, one of first vns that I finished - it looks really nice, can't wait for a final product.

May 12, 2023
Like previous game, Parental Love - which was awesome, one of first vns that I finished - it looks really nice, can't wait for a final product.
A69's not going to be done for a while yet. More than another year for sure. If I had to guess, easily 2+ tops, especially with how long updates are. Now that PL is officially done, all the focus can be on this. Still going to be a long wait either way, easily into an past 2025 for sure

Aug 27, 2021
If waiting for a game update is going to cause you physical or psychological harm, you may try talking your doctor into inducing a medical coma until release.

If that's not the case, you apparently can wait for the update even if you don't want to.
Haha funny. You know what I meant :p

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
If waiting for a game update is going to cause you physical or psychological harm, you may try talking your doctor into inducing a medical coma until release.

If that's not the case, you apparently can wait for the update even if you don't want to.
Didn't Cartman do that one time in South Park to get to a console launch 'faster'?

• Haha
Reactions: Hermit76

tyrannicpuppy

Nov 9, 2021
But people kept complaining and harrasing him, so the in the meantime confirmed third option, to have a friendship route a lot of more restrained people asked for, was removed again when Luxee had enough.

SO:
The game was always going to have Nea.
The game was, is, and won't be a sandbox, unless Luxee changes his plans.
The whiners got Luxee to leave, killed Nea and ruined the friendship option.
I think a lot of folks misunderstand the purpose of things like supporting on Patreon.

Unless the Dev outright says that the supporters have actual input on the structure and plot of titles because those supporters have hired them to make it, it's nothing more than a donation. They are choosing as a (presumably) responsible adult with their own free will to donate some of their money to someone else as a show of thanks for making something they (again presumably) enjoyed.

But many seem to think 'I have given you money you are now a slave to my will and I will loudly bitch and moan if you deviate from that will in any way whatsoever'.

And even if a Dev asks for input via such a service, they are under no obligation to obey the results of such a poll or query. They can likely expect a decrease in donations if they constantly did so, but it's still their IP and they can do with it whatever they like. If people dislike the direction of their work, those people can make the decision to cease providing that money to the dev. But at no point does it constitute any kind of actual contract between Dev and patron to provide anything the Dev doesn't want to. That's not how this interaction works.

Now, if that person had commissioned a game from Luxee and Luxee instead kept doing whatever the fuck they wanted and not following the remit, that's a very different story. But if people dislike the Dev's direction, they can just be a grown up and stop monetarily supporting them. Simple as that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And to sharing that opinion. But everyone else is equally entitled to call that opinion utter fucking garbage to their face. That's free speech. Though seeing the same moaning over and over again when the solution to their problem is so simple as to be facile really does tend to get tedious. Especially given that solution is far more likely than the Dev suddenly deciding they are right and for them to entirely throw their own will and plot out the window just to please the vocal minority.

Maybe it's just a flaw in the way following a thread works on these sites. It'd be nice if you could do it in a way that only notified for updates to the game, while not bothering you when yet another person was whining that they disliked something that has been tagged from the get go, asking when it's going to be updated, or going 'abandoned?' on a thread five minutes after the last person did.

Given that I'm pretty sure no one is forcing any of them to play the game at gunpoint lest they and their entire family be murdered if they refuse to play it, nothing in the game is being forced on them at all. And they can choose at any time to stop playing something they don't enjoy. But instead, it's endless bitching about the thing they didn't like that was always there from the off, and was flagged as having been so.

Be nice if we could instead live in a world where people took responsibility for their own actions, rather than throwing a hissy fit whenever things don't go their way.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Given that I'm pretty sure no one is forcing any of them to play the game at gunpoint lest they and their entire family be murdered if they refuse to play it, nothing in the game is being forced on them at all. And they can choose at any time to stop playing something they don't enjoy. But instead, it's endless bitching about the thing they didn't like that was always there from the off, and was flagged as having been so.
Son of SAW?
Be nice if we could instead live in a world where people took responsibility for their own actions, rather than throwing a hissy fit whenever things don't go their way.
People have a lot of extreme role models for that kind of behavior in recent years.

Oct 22, 2017
I think a lot of folks misunderstand the purpose of things like supporting on Patreon.

Unless the Dev outright says that the supporters have actual input on the structure and plot of titles because those supporters have hired them to make it, it's nothing more than a donation. They are choosing as a (presumably) responsible adult with their own free will to donate some of their money to someone else as a show of thanks for making something they (again presumably) enjoyed.

But many seem to think 'I have given you money you are now a slave to my will and I will loudly bitch and moan if you deviate from that will in any way whatsoever'.

And even if a Dev asks for input via such a service, they are under no obligation to obey the results of such a poll or query. They can likely expect a decrease in donations if they constantly did so, but it's still their IP and they can do with it whatever they like. If people dislike the direction of their work, those people can make the decision to cease providing that money to the dev. But at no point does it constitute any kind of actual contract between Dev and patron to provide anything the Dev doesn't want to. That's not how this interaction works.

Now, if that person had commissioned a game from Luxee and Luxee instead kept doing whatever the fuck they wanted and not following the remit, that's a very different story. But if people dislike the Dev's direction, they can just be a grown up and stop monetarily supporting them. Simple as that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And to sharing that opinion. But everyone else is equally entitled to call that opinion utter fucking garbage to their face. That's free speech. Though seeing the same moaning over and over again when the solution to their problem is so simple as to be facile really does tend to get tedious. Especially given that solution is far more likely than the Dev suddenly deciding they are right and for them to entirely throw their own will and plot out the window just to please the vocal minority.

Maybe it's just a flaw in the way following a thread works on these sites. It'd be nice if you could do it in a way that only notified for updates to the game, while not bothering you when yet another person was whining that they disliked something that has been tagged from the get go, asking when it's going to be updated, or going 'abandoned?' on a thread five minutes after the last person did.

I'm with you with almost everything you said.

The only thing I want to add is something from my own perspective as a supporter.

If I find a game I like - which means that its tags mostly suit my tastes, I like at least the majority of graphics and characters, and have an interest in the story - I'm interested in seeing this game completed.
I'm not donating to the dev(s) so they are able to give me a monthly fix, but because I want them to be able to create a complete product, for me as well as themselves.

I'm aware that the representation of a game here is not always true to what the developer had in mind due to them not deciding what tags are added and so on. So when in doubt, I wait for some time to see how the game progresses.

And of course this 'I support a dev to be able to create a full product' is something that's going on in my head entirely - I have no binding contract with any dev. But if a dev chose to do an episodic format, where no update went in the same direction as the last - I wouldn't support them most likely - or would do so specifically for that reason.

But in most cases, I think it is a fair assumption, that a game won't do a 180 in character personalities, graphics, storytelling, or plot.

So if a developer does so out of the blue, I'll think more than twice about supporting them again.

Imagine you love classical music and want to support an institution that helps people to get an education on classical instruments.
You do so for half a year and the money is given without any restrictions of use.
Then, the board of that institution, without warning, starts producing Tiktok videos doing firecracker explosions, stopping any ongoing educational support from before.
Sure, some people are left with some more understanding/education in that field - but it was mainly for nothing and lost money you could instead have used to support an organization sticking to its goals.

I wanted a certain game about a sports phenomenon to succeed in the way it started and supported it with a substantial amount of money. Then it went haywire and later continued in a different direction in several aspects.

You can say I enjoyed what was there in the beginning for that money or that I just pledged to support a dev I liked. But I could have spent it to support games and devs I still like, and would touch again in the future - creating something lasting (for me), that maybe stopped doing what they did because I was one of many that prioritized that other game over theirs.
You can say that's bad luck and just go on, but I feel annoyed by this.
I won't start complaining in random threads, but I'm definitely more wary nowadays about whom I support.

A large part of all these donation structures is (or should be) communication about what you do, so people who like exactly that can find you and people that don't can stay away.
If you have a VN about the romance between a straight couple, I can understand anyone supporting that game being annoyed if in chapter 10, without any mentioning beforehand, the girl changes into a male horse and they keep going at it.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Then, a lot of people learned that Nea existed and was trans. And instead of saying 'I don't wan't to play a trans-game' and leaving, they complained - massivly and in 'rude' ways a lot of the time.
Possibly because it wasn't JUST Neas story.

So Luxee agreed to implement something to remove Nea from their experience. And he did it in a way that didn't need him to redo a lot of game content and adjust all future content.

But people kept complaining and harrasing him, so the in the meantime confirmed third option, to have a friendship route a lot of more restrained people asked for, was removed again when Luxee had enough.

SO:
The game was always going to have Nea.
The game was, is, and won't be a sandbox, unless Luxee changes his plans.
The whiners got Luxee to leave, killed Nea and ruined the friendship option.
Basically what I've been saying for fuck knows how long. Butthurt close-minded self-proclaimed "true Chad alpha males" got so mad at a fictional character existing they harassed Luxee to the point of snapping. And they still keep doing so to this day.
This thread has a few of them who can't simply ignore content they don't like personally like every game needs to catter to them personally.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
this thread is really great to find people you can put on ignore....
Totally agree. It’s a veritable goldmine for unearthing trolls who I would rather not interact with. As soon as someone posts something reasonable and measured you can bet a few people will facepalm it: and into the blocklist they go. Saves so much time.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Totally agree. It’s a veritable goldmine for unearthing trolls who I would rather not interact with. As soon as someone posts something reasonable and measured you can bet a few people will facepalm it: and into the blocklist they go. Saves so much time.
Look on the bright side : it still feeds your profile's Likes count, weirdly enough. :KEK:

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Then, a lot of people learned that Nea existed and was trans. And instead of saying 'I don't wan't to play a trans-game' and leaving, they complained - massivly and in 'rude' ways a lot of the time.
This is nothing new in this forum. We experience the same thing in pretty much every game with NTR content. The threats to this are also haunted aggressively by people who hate this fetish (although most of them don't even know what NTR really is). Always with the ulterior motive that the developer could change his plans if there were only enough complaints.

---

Here, in this game, all the hate is an impudence. The developer announced long enough, long before PL was even half finished, that there will be a trans maingirl in his next game. So everyone who was ever interested in this game knew about it from the start.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes