kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
It's not abandonned. The updates are simply extremely slow, due in part to how many dimbasses constantly harass Luxee, killing their drive.
Back when I discovered the game, updates were far more frequent, but Luxee liking trans characters, transphobes started harassing them and insulting them. That ends up having a toll on people's mental health.
I'm not a fan of trans people but I would never go as low as harass someone for something that someone likes, I more play this for the story line

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
Well, it can hardly be scam, if the dev only charges, when there is an actual update to the game. So every idiot starting those "scam" screams, is just that, an idiot, that never took a closer look at Luxee's marketing strategy. I would just suggest to let them scream first and then report their posts to the moderators, because of spreading false infos, and not giving them the satisfaction of reacting to them.
Take a closer look. SS is monthly. Patreon is just a bonus for his hard work

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Take a closer look. SS is monthly. Patreon is just a bonus for his hard work
I asked him once if he preferred to be supported on Patreon (where the majority of his supporters are or at least were at the time) or SS because I could do either and he replied that it was totally up to me. Since I preferred the Patreon system I stayed with that. Now, if what you said was true, he would have tried to steer me towards SS instead of Patreon.

• Angry
Reactions: rvlfycpydgdcttfren

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
Name a single time updates were frequent in this game. It's been over 5 years and it's had exactly 7 updates!
100% true. Dude is drunk. Let him rant his heart out. Updates were slow even before that. Did pplz forget about Parental Love, more precisely about the update where the Dad and the redhead daughter went on a boat trip or something like that ? It was version 0.5 or 0.6 if my memory serves me right. Thread was toxic AF back then.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Name a single time updates were frequent in this game. It's been over 5 years and it's had exactly 7 updates!
To be fair this game was on hold for a while. If I am remembering things correctly luxee started this while still working on parental love but then decided to put this on hold. So yeah it has been 5 years after the first release but for a big portion of that time this game was on hold.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
I asked him once if he preferred to be supported on Patreon (where the majority of his supporters are or at least were at the time) or SS because I could do either and he replied that it was totally up to me. Since I preferred the Patreon system I stayed with that. Now, if what you said was true, he would have tried to steer me towards SS instead of Patreon.
What do you mean if it's true? Just have a look at how much he makes from each, considering the long development time, he makes more from SS per release and I see patreon as just a bonus

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
It had 6 updates. When he released 0.1 he took a year or two(?) break to finnish PL and then the updates here came frequently, then he started to slack and even stated it that he lost motivation and didn't do anything with long wait times and small updates.

Reactions: sdibolcrif

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
What do you mean if it's true? Just have a look at how much he makes from each, considering the long development time, he makes more from SS per release and I see patreon as just a bonus
Possible, but a later development. For the majority of the game’s existence Patreon was the bigger source of revenue for Luxee. Also, considering the two very different payout models I don’t think that’s something easily calculated.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
Possible, but a later development. For the majority of the game’s existence Patreon was the bigger source of revenue for Luxee. Also, considering the two very different payout models I don’t think that’s something easily calculated.
If he makes an updates more frequently than 3,23 months. Patreon is a bigger income. Last PROGRESS update was more than 5 months ago.
But yes, it wasn't always like this, you're right and it's indvidual how you like to support the dev, that's why there's 2 different methods of supporting. monthly or per release, which is good! People are just angry because they want to see more of the game and even if it takes 2 years for an update they wanna know if has progressed nothing or alot the last 5 months.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
If he makes an updates more frequently than 3,23 months. Patreon is a bigger income. Last PROGRESS update was more than 5 months ago.
But yes, it wasn't always like this, you're right and it's indvidual how you like to support the dev, that's why there's 2 different methods of supporting. monthly or per release, which is good! People are just angry because they want to see more of the game and even if it takes 2 years for an update they wanna know if has progressed nothing or alot the last 5 months.
I so love civilized discussions that don’t automatically and rapidly degenerate into mud slinging and name calling. Feels like a breath of fresh air on here. Sad because I remember when it wasn’t like that. These days even a fairly innocuous comment invites a bunch of facepalms from troglodyte newbies (of which I actually see few because I tend to block early).
Anyway, here’s hoping Luxee finds his mojo again and picks up the pace in the future.

Jan 27, 2018
It's just something I worry about with devs, especially those who are radio silent for months (even on DISCORD) and who barely make once a year updates. Something about using an AI just sticks in my craw
I mean, there is no doubt that luxee lost all interest in developing games years ago, he stopped participating in the community, stopped making updates and barely writes once every few months on discord, asking chatgpt to fix one sentence is the least concerning thing

Dec 8, 2023
I mean, there is no doubt that luxee lost all interest in developing games years ago, he stopped participating in the community, stopped making updates and barely writes once every few months on discord, asking chatgpt to fix one sentence is the least concerning thing
I'm part of the crowd that thinks that Lux working on two games at a time didn't help either. I enjoyed the 1.1 PL update, but honestly I'm also one of those who didn't think it was needed, since it didn't add story, just more sex scenes. The time spent on 1.1 could've and should've went to this. We might've already been past waiting for .08 or even .09.

At this rate, BaDIK might even finish before this game

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes