1.80 star(s) 5 Votes

BobJenkins

Nov 21, 2017
Will definitely play this update tonight too! I hope your translation has improved, but if it's still a bit rough then at least we'll have unintentional gems like this to look forward to, lol :p

Reactions: asd33asd33

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I'm sorry, but that dialogue is so bad. I get the translation issue, that's fine. But I still couldn't sit through that initial phone conversation. I had to close it, or shoot myself in the dick. I went for the former.

It was so needlessly and mindlessly verbose.

It was like listening to two valley girls talk to each other, and you want to get away, but you can't, because you're stuck on the fucking train with them.

All that was needed was:

"Hey want to go to the club?"
"Sure"
"Cool! See you tonight"

But instead, we got that drivel.

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
The language is of course a bit of an issue here and Zhneshana or whatever it was isn't exactly a sexy name, maybe change that for the international version, but I generally like this game aside from one thing: during phone calls, you keep switching back and forth between pics of the people talking and it's absolutely killing my eyes. Maybe only switch once or twice instead of back and forth.

uthink_1

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the feedback and criticism. I will correct the telephone conversation. Is the translation still terrible? I in another topic asked for help in editing the translation. But no one responded. I put the translation text in the public access. If someone has free time, correct, please. Thank you!

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Don't know if the game has had a grammar pass since its release, but the intro is perfectly legible.

Real reason I posted: I can't believe that I'm only in the intro and I'm getting shaken down by the TF2 Heavy.

uthink_1

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Don't know if the game has had a grammar pass since its release, but the intro is perfectly legible.

Real reason I posted: I can't believe that I'm only in the intro and I'm getting shaken down by the TF2 Heavy.
The plot should cause you a shock. I have many non-standard plans for characters. I hope you will enjoy.

Reactions: rodneyeatme

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Hey, good luck on your work!
The first rule of making any translation is: aim for what is going to happen.
As an example, saying "glad for you" is not a good premise for the next line of dialogue, which is "let us search the premises". Insteat, you need a faster delivery like "Great!" or "Suit yourself" or even "Soo happy for you" to turn it into sarcasm, because the true meaning of saying "Glad for you" when it is just one empty compliment is "Get over yourself and let us get to the real issue here"

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The line in the G doc is actually: m1_(whispering) "I'm not so sure I'm all right" / p_ "Glad for you but we actually want to look around the room".
The problem is that watching any russian dialogue as it happens on tv, the delivery is lightning fast. In English, saying such a line fast is impossible. This is why my suggestion is this: when somebody says he/she is not sure they are all right it opens only 2 possibilities: you either investigate them beying all right, or you confort them for beying, indeed, all right. You cannot just shrug it all off and say you want to look around the room, as this possibility just means you ignored everybody and just got past them to look around the room that, as a premise, you and everybody else are, already, in.

uthink_1

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The line in the G doc is actually: m1_(whispering) "I'm not so sure I'm all right" / p_ "Glad for you but we actually want to look around the room".
The problem is that watching any russian dialogue as it happens on tv, the delivery is lightning fast. In English, saying such a line fast is impossible. This is why my suggestion is this: when somebody says he/she is not sure they are all right it opens only 2 possibilities: you either investigate them beying all right, or you confort them for beying, indeed, all right. You cannot just shrug it all off and say you want to look around the room, as this possibility just means you ignored everybody and just got past them to look around the room that, as a premise, you and everybody else are, already, in.
By the word "whisper" meant the meaning "mentally". In Russia there is an expression "lips themselves say the missing words."

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Last thought, after doing some rework in the translation:
Short lines like ''won't'' or ''it's'' or ''can't'' come after characters are familiar with eachother or one of them makes a pass at the others calling them "dear", or "baby" or "honey" or "luv". It also works if there is no time and rapid flow of information needs to occur: "it's stuck" , "Can't get loose" , "Help! I'm trapped". Formal exchanges with the staff, manager, hostess always require full words.

uthink_1

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Last thought, after doing some rework in the translation:
Short lines like ''won't'' or ''it's'' or ''can't'' come after characters are familiar with eachother or one of them makes a pass at the others calling them "dear", or "baby" or "honey" or "luv". It also works if there is no time and rapid flow of information needs to occur: "it's stuck" , "Can't get loose" , "Help! I'm trapped". Formal exchanges with the staff, manager, hostess always require full words.
And they say that the Russian language is very complicated ... (((

Reactions: Module
1.80 star(s) 5 Votes