RPGM None Complete Apathetic Angel is missing credits in the Department of Sexuality Studies. [RJ01058687] [Nakayoshi Honpo]

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
I have bad news about this game folks. It is extremely difficult and tedious to translate this, even with machine. Here's why:

\M[ミカ怒り]:name[ミカ,Actor1]「ベルの馬鹿はおいておいて…そもそもそんな大切な科目、

This is one example of a sentence in the game. See all the brackets? The developer wrote ALL of his story text to include critical flag elements that must not be changed or translated, since they are referenced variables. This means if Actor1 or [asdf] gets moved or translated, the game will crash.

Now you could try to mass batch un-translate everything, but there are way too many variables for a single damn sentence. Colons, periods, apostrophes. All of these are moved or changed when doing MTL translations.

By the way, there's 25,000 cells like this. So good luck.

Unfortunately, looks like google translation Mtool is the only way.

Please guys if you are reading this, encourge AdventCirno to allow us to use RedSugoi with Mtool. It is the best translation dictionary on the entire internet and it is free! I do not know why he is not letting us use it :(

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
REJOICE FELLOW DEGENS - I now have good news folks. This project went 180 turned when I got a brain blast. I used mtool to extract the json and instead used translotor++'s json parser. Now the game is translated and runs fine. There are a couple caveats here, but pm me if you would like a translation copy:

1. This is RedSugoi machine translation. In my opinion, redsugoi is king of machine and although not perfect, it is better than any other translation machine out there at the moment. It is very comparable to manual translation, so I urge you to give it a try. Manual is unnecessary unless you are not fluent in English.

2. I need to wordwrap it

3. There are a couple items missing in the translation, so I'm going to run through and try and manually translate them.

4. The UI is not translated fully, I need to now go through map files and finish the rest of the elements, there will probably be bugs.

5. I am running this in version 1.08. I Do not know if this works for other versions.

If you encounter a bug or something that needs to be translated, please let me know. Otherwise, small elements like version name or credits don't bother asking to translate because who cares.

At the time of this post, it will probably take me 30 minutes to finish it.

Again, pm me for copy, I do not want to release public for private reasons.

I also have a question if anyone can answer: I am new to MTool, is there a way to make the game run my translated copy without having to open mtool, drag the .exe, and reupload the translation everytime I want to play?

Update: I am having more trouble with the font than I thought. I checked the font scripts but none of them reference to a size. Is there a better way to wordwrap this anyone?

Last edited:

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
So another update since I can't edit my old post. My biggest problem right now is wordwrapping this game. You cannot use the conventional method through translator++ because there's a 3 line limit (The \n is messing up the limit, any ideas here?). I don't know how to change this, but if someone who has rpgmaker experience can help me out I would appreciate it. Until then, there's a couple things you can do because there's heavy runoff here.

1. Change the font size in Mtool through the console, I made mine like 14 from 28.
2. Run the font changer in the beginning but this didn't do anything for me
3. Wait until someone here offers a solution haha.

Fyi please stop asking me for the full game. I do not give out games. I will only give out the json file

Reactions: kick.raven

Nikosun

Nov 26, 2020
i have 7zip and cant play the game any idea why ? is it because i have to do it the japanese extraction?
and if so how do i do extract it in japanese from 7zip

yurum

Jun 2, 2018
So another update since I can't edit my old post. My biggest problem right now is wordwrapping this game. You cannot use the conventional method through translator++ because there's a 3 line limit (The \n is messing up the limit, any ideas here?). I don't know how to change this, but if someone who has rpgmaker experience can help me out I would appreciate it. Until then, there's a couple things you can do because there's heavy runoff here.

1. Change the font size in Mtool through the console, I made mine like 14 from 28.
2. Run the font changer in the beginning but this didn't do anything for me
3. Wait until someone here offers a solution haha.

Fyi please stop asking me for the full game. I do not give out games. I will only give out the json file
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-better...-guide-to-translating-with-the-machine.62067/
There're quite a few discussions here on automatically applying word wrapping to games. I don't think they'll be able to deal with lines exceeding 4 though, you may have to ask for help in that thread

luxoord

Mar 18, 2019
Can anyone provide a link with the 1.08 version of the game without the "slow speed download"?

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-better...-guide-to-translating-with-the-machine.62067/
There're quite a few discussions here on automatically applying word wrapping to games. I don't think they'll be able to deal with lines exceeding 4 though, you may have to ask for help in that thread
I took a look and that guide depends on you opening the and editing the game inside rpgmaker sourcetools itself. Although this may be an alternative that works, it's a long route because you have to basically sandbox the whole game. And at that point, kinda makes Mtool translation pointless since you could just do translator++ at that point. I appreciate the share though, I'll ask around if there's somehow we could just slap a plugin that wordwraps everything

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Hello everyone, finally solved the wordwrap and all other issues. Here is the final release. There are some items that could not be wordwrapped no matter what, but it is still legible. I decided to just make it public since I'm getting too many PM spam.

With that said, this is edited MTL redsugoi and 99% good enough to play I'd say. Shotout to Shisaye, couldn't have done this without his help!

If you run into any fatal bugs like crashes, please let me know, I have not fully playtested yet.

How to use:
1. Launch game with Mtool
2. Go to last tab "Translate"
3. Click top left button Upload translation
4. Select file
5. Wait till its finished
6. Done

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hello everyone, finally solved the wordwrap and all other issues. Here is the final release. There are some items that could not be wordwrapped no matter what, but it is still legible. I decided to just make it public since I'm getting too many PM spam.

With that said, this is edited MTL redsugoi and 99% good enough to play I'd say. Shotout to Shisaye, couldn't have done this without his help!

If you run into any fatal bugs like crashes, please let me know, I have not fully playtested yet.

How to use:
1. Launch game with Mtool
2. Go to last tab "Translate"
3. Click top left button Upload translation
4. Select file
5. Wait till its finished
6. Done
Erm... So how did you do the word wrapping, if you now didn't include my dialogue box changes after all?
uhh.gif

Last edited:

yurum

Jun 2, 2018
Ah, for some reason I thought you were able to find a way to make the game itself run the translation. I missed that you needed to load the mtl through mtool. Anyway, glad to hear that you managed to find a workaround for it.

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Erm... So how did you do the word wrapping, if you now didn't include my dialogue box changes after all?
View attachment 2687493
Ah shit, I forgot about that LOL

Ok here's the one with the dialogue box changes guys. I forgot that you need to include these www folder items to make the dialogue properly accept the wordwrap. Anyways here you go, this is shisayes changes.

Replace the www folder in the game's www folder.

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Ah, for some reason I thought you were able to find a way to make the game itself run the translation. I missed that you needed to load the mtl through mtool. Anyway, glad to hear that you managed to find a workaround for it.
I'm working on this next, but the way Mtool works is that it overlays text. To make the game itself run the translation would only be possible through translator++ and that's going to take a whole lot longer and is extremely tedious for a game of this level. This is exactly why I love the Mtool+json thing I discovered recently because it allows anyone to just slap a RedSugoi translation into a game. Of course for easier games I will do the traditional translator++ method, but for complex games like this its perfect. Plus, I can finish it within a day so it's certainly worth it vs waiting like a month just for some grammar and UI changes.

MTool does have a huge downfall though and that's the game must constantly be updated to the newest version to even run the program. I hate that in this sense, it basically can't be run offline. I just updated the program a few hours ago and now there's another update...