What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaga Telesin

Incestuous Harem Owner
Donor
Apr 19, 2023
So... other than avoiding the bad "game over sex" at the start with Jessica, did I miss any actual REAL sex scenes? Or is this basically two chapters of off-the-wall writing and teasing? The MC wanking off on her doesn't count, obviously. Neither do the fantasy "memory" scenes, in my mind.

Last edited:

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
So... other than avoiding the bad "game over sex" at the start with Jessica, did I miss any actual REAL sex scenes? Or is this basically two chapters of off-the-wall writing and teasing? The MC wanking off on her doesn't count, obviously. Neither do the fantasy "memory" scenes, in my mind.
Its been a long time but I think there is a scene where you are going crazy due to some stat being to high, I dont remember exactly what happens but I believe the outcome is that you shoot her.

ybanl

Jul 9, 2024
Did the game got a new update in screen shot i am seeing some images that i don't recall playing.

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1724681623193.png

Summer Development Progress: Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 - Remake announcement
Toward a Refined Post-Apocalyptic Future

1724681635186.png

Yes, it's summer, but while some are basking in the sun, I've stayed in the shadow of my screen, determined to polish Apocalypse Lovers to ensure the experience meets your expectations. You'll soon be able to dive back into this post-apocalyptic world like never before, with the remake just around the corner and Chapter 3 quietly taking shape on the horizon.

The Logic Behind the Remake
The idea behind this remake is simple: to provide those joining the adventure midway, as well as those wanting to revisit Chapters 1 and 2, with a vastly improved gameplay experience. My experience and skills in infographics, high-quality image production, and coding have grown since I began this project, and I wanted that progress reflected in the current content. The goal was to allow new players, as well as those revisiting the earlier chapters, to enjoy a more refined experience while ensuring full compatibility with the upcoming Chapter 3. This way, you can continue your journey uninterrupted, with intact saves and an optimized gameplay experience.

Working on this remake also allowed the game’s foundations to be strengthened. A solid base was essential for the smooth and effective development of Chapter 3. Whether it’s the new systems implemented or the upcoming translations, each element has been rethought to facilitate the creation process and achieve a result that meets my quality standards. Everything has become more streamlined, and most importantly, I’m finally satisfied with the outcome, both in terms of coding and graphical coherence. Because let’s be honest, there were things that didn’t sit right until now.

So before diving back into writing Chapter 3, it was crucial to finalize this remake because this revised foundation will greatly ease the work ahead, while ensuring a final product I can be proud of.

What Improvements?
Many elements have been reworked, improved, and polished with near-obsessive care. We won’t go through an exhaustive list here. However, it's important to note that while some of these elements will be very noticeable, many of the modifications will be almost invisible to the untrained eye. Even though all this work might not be immediately apparent, it is nevertheless indispensable and enriches the gaming experience. One example among many: the system for the main female character's submission and initiative gains is now dynamic, adapting to her level of anxiety or joy. These subtle adjustments add an extra layer of depth to the gameplay, enhancing player immersion.

Here is an example of background code that has been improved and is only indirectly noticeable during gameplay.
1724681651616.png

In terms of more visible improvements, consider the newly revamped character interface. This game interface has been thoroughly redesigned, featuring a new screen divided into three sections: one for the player, one for companions, and one for other characters. It’s clear, it’s beautiful, and most importantly, it relies on newly redefined characteristics for greater relevance, such as personality stats, instinct, attributes, traits, and statuses.

Sanity, for instance, after evolving into insanity, can now irreversibly tip into madness. Similarly, serenity turns into tension, and if it reaches critical levels, an uncontrollable rage can be triggered.

Here is a direct example of the new player attribute values and how they work.
1724681681006.png

In short, all these characteristics have a more tangible impact on the game, and a new notification system has been put in place to ensure better clarity and tracking of these developments, so you won’t miss any of these nuances.

Here you can see an exemple of the new notification system
1724681701983.png

Speaking of subtleties, a visual update system has also been integrated into this interface. Now, every modification—whether it concerns character backgrounds, traits, or statuses—will be signaled by a visual indicator, allowing you to quickly locate the new content. No more getting lost; everything is flagged so you can fully enjoy every piece of new information.

Here you can see some part of the character screen with no new entries 1724681716700.png 1724681720137.png 1724681725157.png

Here you can see the background section of Lewis's character screen with a new entry.
1724681735556.png

Oh, and among the elements you’ll definitely notice, there’s also the creation of a new, more advanced system for textual content through books, journals, and messages, surpassing the previous one.

You can see that this type of visual elements has been added throughout the game, as shown here in one of the early scenes.
1724681749957.png 1724681753658.png 1724681757981.png

The Culmination of a Collaborative Effort
This remake was made possible through close collaboration with a developer as passionate as I am, who occasionally lent his expertise to the coding and whose invaluable assistance allowed us to exceed initial expectations (without him, this remake would probably be far less sexy).

Working together on this overhaul was more fun than I imagined, while also being an instructive and enriching experience, as I even learned quite a few new things along the way. And I sincerely hope that this passion and pleasure are reflected in every detail of the game.

Now, I can’t wait for you to get your hands on this new version and discover for yourself all the improvements we’ve made. This project is driven by a shared passion for this universe and the desire to deliver a game that meets your expectations. That's why your feedback will be essential for continuing to improve and enrich Apocalypse Lovers.

Improved image quality
1724681777547.png

Thank you for your ongoing support, and stay tuned for upcoming announcements. The world of Apocalypse Lovers has yet to reveal all its secrets...

In the meantime, enjoy the last days of summer, because soon, it will be time to plunge back into chaos and depravity.

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
Remake? The dev has already gone one year plus without an update and is now thinking of improving the game he has not even made the third episode and with this much content was there even a need for this? Well, I'm not his paying customer but if his supporters are fine with it then nothing to say. If the gaming for the sandbox is too complicated, then just go to VN where it's simple and has no struggle.

mickaj001

Jan 20, 2020
Hello everyone I’m ready to say that this game is great and I look forward with impassience the new update . I come mainly because I would like to get a game created me too and that I am a real amateur and I would like to find a software to be able creates an easy game , but as good as this one. Thank you.

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
Remake? The dev has already gone one year plus without an update and is now thinking of improving the game he has not even made the third episode and with this much content was there even a need for this? Well, I'm not his paying customer but if his supporters are fine with it then nothing to say. If the gaming for the sandbox is too complicated, then just go to VN where it's simple and has no struggle.
If this guy worked half as much on the game as he would make it seem, he would have had twice the content by now. He says he has been in all summer behind his screen working but has nothing to show for it, so far.
I remember him posting about working on the game at work instead of doing what he was supposed to, working with his laptop in the workplace toilet and so on. If he actually had dedication like this the game would not have been dead for over a year.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
If this guy worked half as much on the game as he would make it seem, he would have had twice the content by now. He says he has been in all summer behind his screen working but has nothing to show for it, so far.
I remember him posting about working on the game at work instead of doing what he was supposed to, working with his laptop in the workplace toilet and so on. If he actually had dedication like this the game would not have been dead for over a year.
Bro, how many hours in a day do you think someone who's already working a full time job is going to dump into game development? How many hours do you think he's spent making the game so far? Would you work those hours for whatever he's getting off Patreon? Does your expectations make sense if you were in his shoes? What are you basing his expected progress off of? Do you even have a way to measure progress from a development standpoint?

Reactions: -Awake-

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
Bro, how many hours in a day do you think someone who's already working a full time job is going to dump into game development? How many hours do you think he's spent making the game so far? Would you work those hours for whatever he's getting off Patreon? Does your expectations make sense if you were in his shoes? What are you basing his expected progress off of? Do you even have a way to measure progress from a development standpoint?
I can understand slow progress due to real life, but he hasn't given a single release in a year's worth of time, and doing rework is kind of milking behavior, even most devs in this site don't do full time as an adult dev and get paid because they put output to show for, this game had potential but no amount of excuses is enough for a years work and rework if you can't do sanbox do VN. Its easier to code and simpler to do, why go for high level difficulty when he can't do it, you expect him to have lots of paying customers when he shows no results is impossible, other than die hard supporters who know nothing.

You get more support as you progress, not suddenly does this community grow and become bigger and get a big fanbase, in the start he might have had the motivation to do this game but now he might have lost it, It's better to just abandon the game instead of wasting expectations.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I can understand slow progress due to real life, but he hasn't given a single release in a year's worth of time, and doing rework is kind of milking behavior, even most devs in this site don't do full time as an adult dev and get paid because they put output to show for, this game had potential but no amount of excuses is enough for a years work and rework if you can't do sanbox do VN. Its easier to code and simpler to do, why go for high level difficulty when he can't do it, you expect him to have lots of paying customers when he shows no results is impossible, other than die hard supporters who know nothing.

You get more support as you progress, not suddenly does this community grow and become bigger and get a big fanbase, in the start he might have had the motivation to do this game but now he might have lost it, It's better to just abandon the game instead of wasting expectations.
Okay, let me ask you something. Say you're completely new to making a game. You have to make a story and plan the branching paths, have to do the renders, have to do the UI, have to learn how to do that in a game engine you don't know how to use. How consistent do you think you'll be making releases? Do you choose to sacrifice quality for the sake of fast releases? Do you choose to retcon things you come to dislike later? How do you consistently make satisfying releases in a timely manner? How do you make sure that your productivity stays constant while tackling creative and technical hurdles you can't foresee? How do you make sure real life doesn't get in the way? How do you stay motivated enough to do good work and avoid being burnt out, dissatisfied, or sacrificing time you'd like for something else? How do you, in your mind, think you could execute smooth, consistent development for the next 3 years?

As for rework, let me ask you another question. When is the best time to patch up bad code and story segments you think are weaker? Do you do it when the game ceases to work as intended? Do you do it at the very end, requiring a massive amount of time and effort to basically figure out how to make the game all over again? Do you never fix it and just hope no one complains? When, if not early into development, would you implement major changes, where the impact is minimal to overall productivity?

And for the argument of sandboxes versus VN, that's a terrible argument. How else are you going to have sandbox games unless people who don't know how to make sandboxes try? How do you suppose they'll learn to make sandboxes game unless they try? How do you have any game unless you try? Why are we discouraging someone from making the game he wants to make? As for his supporters, I would have to assume they understand that's the hurdle. Why else would you give money to an amateur with no way of getting it back? If you want a completed product, buy a completed product. They call it support because that's exactly what it is. You're funding a person's efforts, rather than paying for a finished product. This isn't an investment, it's a show of encouragement. If you don't want to give, that's your prerogative. No one's making you. But that's not your money and you can't assume what the people giving that money are expecting.

Last edited:

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
oooof remake? a year with no release and chapter 3 isn't even written out yet? looking at those screenshots there's more backstory than story.

it makes zero sense to remake at this point. even if you don't like something now, who is to say a few months down the line you might not like something else later in chapter 4? remake again? you remake a game when you have an existing fan base that's willing to wait based on reputation.

it doesn't look good when you talk about chapter 3 development for nearly a year and then bait and switch people with a remake.

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
Okay, let me ask you something. Say you're completely new to making a game. You have to make a story and plan the branching paths, have to do the renders, have to do the UI, have to learn how to do that in a game engine you don't know how to use. How consistent do you think you'll be making releases? Do you choose to sacrifice quality for the sake of fast releases? Do you choose to retcon things you come to dislike later? How do you consistently make satisfying releases in a timely manner? How do you make sure that your productivity stays constant while tackling creative and technical hurdles you can't foresee? How do you make sure real life doesn't get in the way? How do you stay motivated enough to do good work and avoid being burnt out, dissatisfied, or sacrificing time you'd like for something else? How do you, in your mind, think you could execute smooth, consistent development for the next 3 years?

As for rework, let me ask you another question. When is the best time to patch up bad code and story segments you think are weaker? Do you do it when the game ceases to work as intended? Do you do it at the very end, requiring a massive amount of time and effort to basically figure out how to make the game all over again? Do you never fix it and just hope no one complains? When, if not early into development, would you implement major changes, where the impact is minimal to overall productivity?

And for the argument of sandboxes versus VN, that's a terrible argument. How else are you going to have sandbox games unless people who don't know how to make sandboxes try? How do you suppose they'll learn to make sandboxes game unless they try? How do you have any game unless you try? Why are we discouraging someone from making the game he wants to make? As for his supporters, I would have to assume they understand that's the hurdle. Why else would you give money to an amateur with no way of getting it back? If you want a completed product, buy a completed product. They call it support because that's exactly what it is. You're funding a person's efforts, rather than paying for a finished product. This isn't an investment, it's a show of encouragement. If you don't want to give, that's your prerogative. No one's making you. But that's not your money and you can't assume what the people giving that money are expecting.
Sure dude you can support devs and whomever you want to, but going and saying we support going on a journey with the dev and finding the one piece and expect the journey to be the friends and community we belong to is utter garbage, yes most of them are not supporting him because he takes years to produce something how many believe in him? do you really think what he is doing is fine and it's his wish to put output however he wants to here? If he wants to get the support he must show something else, even milker devs just string along and give some false hope and give the end output as some trash but this dev is now making a remake in just episode 3. Not yet worthy of milking anything to with his support, I can understand dev's taking a break due to a tight schedule and real life issues, but he still is doing this.

There are multiple dev's who have a much more hectic life and even they don't take years to develop a single update, if it's too complicated for this first project make it simpler, there are multiple people to help with complex coding issues, and multiple solutions instead he takes the hard route. Devs new to something start simple instead of supporting a dead-dream which is going to burn out the dev.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
oooof remake? a year with no release and chapter 3 isn't even written out yet? looking at those screenshots there's more backstory than story.

it makes zero sense to remake at this point. even if you don't like something now, who is to say a few months down the line you might not like something else later in chapter 4? remake again? you remake a game when you have an existing fan base that's willing to wait based on reputation.

it doesn't look good when you talk about chapter 3 development for nearly a year and then bait and switch people with a remake.
Then the game dies. But if he doesn't like the current state of the game and doesn't want to work on it anymore, the game dies too. Revision is a normal thing that happens to stories that are a work in progress. Being forced to keep going will only result in a disjointed story.

Sure dude you can support devs and whomever you want to, but going and saying we support going on a journey with the dev and finding the one piece and expect the journey to be the friends and community we belong to is utter garbage, yes most of them are not supporting him because he takes years to produce something how many believe in him? do you really think what he is doing is fine and it's his wish to put output however he wants to here? If he wants to get the support he must show something else, even milker devs just string along and give some false hope and give the end output as some trash but this dev is now making a remake in just episode 3. Not yet worthy of milking anything to with his support, I can understand dev's taking a break due to a tight schedule and real life issues, but he still is doing this.

There are multiple dev's who have a much more hectic life and even they don't take years to develop a single update, if it's too complicated for this first project make it simpler, there are multiple people to help with complex coding issues, and multiple solutions instead he takes the hard route. Devs new to something start simple instead of supporting a dead-dream which is going to burn out the dev.
Bro, it's really hard to read your sentences. But if I'm understanding your question right, yes. I think it's definitely his right to do what he thinks is best for his game. Why the hell would anyone go into game development with no experience and no fanbase if not to create with absolute freedom?

Also, I think you're misunderstanding something. With your own logic, a dev who's trying to get more money is going to release updates more frequently, even if it's to "milk" right? So what does it say when a dev is working at their own pace? Have you considered that maybe the dev isn't trying to turn this into a job? If you don't like it, go haunt another thread. At the end of the day, there really is no obligation for a dev to create any more than the supporters are obligated to give money. If the game is going somewhere you don't like, it's your responsibility to do what's best for you, regardless if you're a dev or a supporter. Either way, you only control your own money and you only know how you think. You don't control other people's money and you certainly don't speak for how they use it.

P.S. You still haven't told me how many work hours you think went into this game. If you don't know, then you're not qualified to say whether a year is too slow. Development isn't like watering a plant every day and watching it grow. Setbacks happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Awake-

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
It's always frustrating when developers care about the gameplay so much that it slows down the development of the h content. People are here to corrupt and fuck Jessica not to solve puzzles and navigate the environment.

Reactions: misterx2999

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I just discovered this game and wanted to patreon but I discovered you are remaking the entire this early in development as well as the game having a very slow update rate makes me very skeptical about giving any sort of support. I love the idea about the game and I really like the options you give the player but it seems you are overcomplicating a already very good existing framework for no reason at all and adding massive workload for one person.

4.30 star(s) 35 Votes