Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
And how good is that build do you know? Is there malware in it, ads, etc?
Probably not. Downloaded previous patched version & version before it from there. No problems faced. This version downloading now
No ads in apk. & My adblocker + browser will block all ads

Last edited:
Reactions: EpicLust

Ayunena

Oct 24, 2017
I made the previous v0.4.2 build with a more recent version of ren'py that I normally use and for some reasons it seems to have fucked up the saves (thanks Ren'py for not being backward compatible like most softwares). So you're screwed I'm afraid.

EDIT: try what Canto Forte suggested actually, that might work. Let us know if it does

Otherwise, Zapallbugs provided a working save from v0.4.2 in my discord however if you want to play on from his saved game...
Cant you do later versions with same "more recent version of ren'py"? Why even bother compiling 0.5 version of the game with earlier version of ren'py than 0.4.2? And blaming Ren'py then o_O

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Cant you do later versions with same "more recent version of ren'py"? Why even bother compiling 0.5 version of the game with earlier version of ren'py than 0.4.2? And blaming Ren'py then o_O
I understand the newer Renpy whacked the gallery code somehow and he had to go back.
The version history I know:
v0.4.2 $20 and $10 patron version with Renpy x
v0.4.2 $5 and public version Renpy x + something
v0.5.0 all versions Renpy x again
As far as I understand it has to do with changed rendering and that gets into saves made with Renpy x + something and can't be loaded with Renpy x. Obviously v0.5.0 does not use the new rendering or he wouldn't have been able to go back. And I find it bad design that saves from a newer version cannot be used on older versions when the new functions have not been used. In the software world that is the usual caveat: if you want to be downwards compatible for some time don't use the new functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: EpicLust

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Exactly what Zapallbugs said. I don't like that newer version of ren'py, it sucks and also fucked up my code.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Exactly what Zapallbugs said. I don't like that newer version of ren'py, it sucks and also fucked up my code.
That a newer compiler/runtime breaks older code is especially stupid. To quote from the Gospel according to St. Linus:
"Thou shall't not break things"

Last edited:

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Wait, are old saves no longer compatible? I just get an error message on any older save I am trying to load.

Apr 13, 2019
Hey so I don't really know a lot about this kind of stuff but if I downloaded the gallery unlocked how do I use it on android is their like some code thing I gotta do or does it just work

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Wait, are old saves no longer compatible? I just get an error message on any older save I am trying to load.
According to Canto Forte, just starting a game, saving it, and restarting Ren'py might fix the issue with old saves. I'd like someone to confirm this. Like you. So try it. This is your mission. And report back to us.

EDIT: sorry, just saw you tried. And it didn't work...

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I'm having trouble with the hippies I can't go back to them can someone help? I have the bike as well
Read hints guide section B4. You need to visit the workshop in the evening and click on the bike.

4.00 star(s) 91 Votes