Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Display the file options.rpy in the game directory. Search for the section labeled
## Save directory ##############################################################
In there is a description where saves should go. Check that it really exists for your platform and is not write protected.
That was it thanks. Second game where a Dev forgot to enter either "Local", "LocalLow" or "Roaming" as one of the three folder options for Windows under the higher level AppData folder.

In this case the save location was "%AppData\RenPy" when there should have been a "Roaming" folder listed in the middle there.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
That was it thanks. Second game where a Dev forgot to enter either "Local", "LocalLow" or "Roaming" as one of the three folder options for Windows under the higher level AppData folder.

In this case the save location was "%AppData\RenPy" when there should have been a "Roaming" folder listed in the middle there.
That's odd. For me when I display %AppData I get
APPDATA=C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Roaming
which is perfectly fine. Likely you fiddled with you systems appdata variable.

Edit: addition to you caption, teach people to avoid causing their own problems.

Last edited:

grandal wow

Aug 24, 2020
Here is the Italian translation
of Apocalypse [v0.7.1]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.
Updated: 2021-05-22

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Apocalypse [v0.7.1]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.
Updated: 2021-05-22

Here is the Italian translation
of Apocalypse [v0.7]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Apocalypse [v0.7]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

and if you could translate this other game I would appreciate it

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
That's odd. For me when I display %AppData I get
APPDATA=C:\Users\<myuser>\AppData\Roaming
which is perfectly fine. Likely you fiddled with you systems appdata variable.

Edit: addition to you caption, teach people to avoid causing their own problems.
Do you always presume to speak down to others or is this a new thing? I have changed nothing, nada, zilch, zero on my PC in the 2 days since the last RenPy game saved fine and DLing this one and trying it. So before you presume to lecture someone else you may want to verify you have your facts correct, just saying.

Some of us DO have at least a little PC experience, even if we haven't fiddled to learn a specific programming language like RenPy.

Reactions: LokiSalmon

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Do you always presume to speak down to others or is this a new thing? I have changed nothing, nada, zilch, zero on my PC in the 2 days since the last RenPy game saved fine and DLing this one and trying it. So before you presume to lecture someone else you may want to verify you have your facts correct, just saying.

Some of us DO have at least a little PC experience, even if we haven't fiddled to learn a specific programming language like RenPy.
By default APPDATA=<boot-drive>\Users\<login-user>\AppData\Roaming
See various Microsoft documentation. So with the Roaming part appended. If Roaming is not appended somebody changed it. Maybe not you, but somebody else with access to your system. The Roaming bit should thus not be in the Renpy save location spec. There is also are reason why Microsoft added LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\<login-user>\AppData\Local

Note, I was not attempting to speak down to you. But some checking of the facts does not hurt before you assume something is wrong with someone elses stuff. Especially in the light of the caption on your post about solving one own problems. Which is certainly a good statement.

Reactions: EpicLust

Toolman6971

Aug 27, 2018
Do we need the timed event triggers on a harem game? I feel we should have all the time we need to finish them. I'm playing this for the girls. The regular hex quests are fine as they dont take away from building my harem. Rant over. I still like your game.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017

Hey, calm down buddy. You asked for help, you got help and your reaction right there is quite aggressive.
Also, I didn't "forget to add roaming", I changed nothing to the default ren'py save location that is already written in the options.rpy script that is created by default by ren'py, apart from the creation of a folder called "Apocalypse" in that default renpy save location (for those who play several ren'py games, so they can find the specific saves for this game).

Reactions: zapallbugs

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
Do we need the timed event triggers on a harem game? I feel we should have all the time we need to finish them. I'm playing this for the girls. The regular hex quests are fine as they dont take away from building my harem. Rant over. I still like your game.
It's not just a harem game. It's a sex game with an ultimate aim of removing Trumpf from the White House. In a certain amount of time.

Reactions: Totenkopf098

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
is there just a console hack to find the hatch? i'm done trying to do this, therews some glitch

is there just a console hack to find the hatch? I'm done trying to do this, there's some glitch
Be sure to have Laurie with you. Go search the forest yourself and Laurie will find it for you. Or be a member of the Sierra Club and find it youself. All this is in the Hints Guide. Read it, it tends to be useful for things like this.

Reactions: EpicLust
4.00 star(s) 90 Votes