FirminC

Mar 27, 2019
Is there a secret to opening the stats screen? I have clicked the box a half dozen times and it only opened up once ever.
Several already offered their 2c but I have one more. From memory (it's been a few versions) I believe the Stats screen is only clickable if no other clickable button is on the screen (navigation buttons, clickable person/object in the scene). So you can't open Stats when you need to decide your next action but typically you can during conversations.

Reactions: EpicLust

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
I got Barbara in my Harem, but after like a week or two she got mad because I didn't have sex with her.

How do you have sex with a girl once she's in your Harem? I never see her in the MC's room.

EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I got Barbara in my Harem, but after like a week or two she got mad because I didn't have sex with her.

How do you have sex with a girl once she's in your Harem? I never see her in the MC's room.
At nights, you should have the option of calling her for some hanky-panky.

Reactions: hakarlman

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
I need some help to
CLARA EXTRA: Clara date is a tough cookie: need to find her “redemption box” hidden in the crypt. Talk to Marnie at the bar for a tip after you’ve asked Clara out for the first time. You need to volunteer to clean the church twice in a single week before being allowed into the crypt by Father Tyrone. There, a “snooping” mini-game reminiscent of the ones in BotB will take place to find the box. (SPOILER: it is located in the bottom left corner)

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
So in the cave with Linda from Milfy City, who's the other girl? The dialogue says she's from a game by a dev called L&P but I'm not familiar with that.

Crow102

Jan 9, 2019
So I am kind of confused, Epic said that their are three new area's, I found the one but can't find the other two, anyone know what Hex they are?

EpicLust

Game Developer
May 30, 2017
So I am kind of confused, Epic said that their are three new area's, I found the one but can't find the other two, anyone know what Hex they are?
F4, G1 and G4. You probably haven't unlocked the G areas yet then.

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
By default APPDATA=<boot-drive>\Users\<login-user>\AppData\Roaming
See various Microsoft documentation. So with the Roaming part appended. If Roaming is not appended somebody changed it. Maybe not you, but somebody else with access to your system. The Roaming bit should thus not be in the Renpy save location spec. There is also are reason why Microsoft added LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\<login-user>\AppData\Local

Note, I was not attempting to speak down to you. But some checking of the facts does not hurt before you assume something is wrong with someone elses stuff. Especially in the light of the caption on your post about solving one own problems. Which is certainly a good statement.
Nope, you were, in fact, just being an ass and speaking down to people. Some checking of facts does not hurt before you assume people are wrong about the problems they are experiencing. The fact is that the code *is* wrong. The bug just likely only shows up for brand new save files.

I had the "not being able to save" issue (since this was my first time trying out the game), and my file system is fine, because literally every other Renpy game works.

So, for anyone else that runs into the issue of not being able to create new saves, the problem is in Apocalypse.py, at line 129.

As shipped, the line is:
Code:
 return os.environ['APPDATA'] + "/RenPy/" + save_directory
It needs to be changed to
Code:
 return os.environ['APPDATA'] + "~/RenPy/" + save_directory
and that will fix the issue. The ~ character makes the file system fill in the blanks a bit between Appdata and the Renpy directory, but I'm guessing it accidentally got removed in an update. It's on other lines in the same section of code, which is probably why the problem so rarely shows up, as it's coded correctly for most situations.

I added the ~, saved the file, and was able to save again the next time I loaded the game.

4.00 star(s) 90 Votes