EpicLust

Dev of Cockham Superheroes
Game Developer
May 30, 2017
No matter how I try, whenever I go into the strip club and even look at the stripper. I get this error message EpicLust

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'deserttown/stripperhover.png'>:
  File "game/deserttown.rpy", line 1434, in script
    call screen stripclub
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Could not load image u'deserttown/stripperhover.png': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/deserttown.rpy", line 1434, in script
    call screen stripclub
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1907, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1895, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 220, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2867, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2687, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3171, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2083, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 740, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\suddh\Downloads\Compressed\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\Apocalypse-1.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'deserttown/stripperhover.png': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.0.424
Apocalypse 1.0
Thu Oct 13 06:37:39 2022
Are you playing the compressed version?...
Because you seem to have a corrupt image., which is common in compressed versions which is why I do NOT recommend playing them.
Anyway, here is the image that is causing you issues. Stick it in game/images/deserttown

stripperhover.png

Reactions: Bloodguard

SidRay

Jan 10, 2019
Thanks
Are you playing the compressed version?...
Because you seem to have a corrupt image., which is common in compressed versions which is why I do NOT recommend playing them.
Anyway, here is the image that is causing you issues. Stick it in game/images/deserttown

View attachment 2098378
Thank you, that worked! But I encountered hosts of other problems at the Road Warrior ambush hex. I didn't download the compressed version, I had downloaded it from, anonfiles. I'll download again. Thanks a lot for the earlier help.

EDIT: I downloaded again from Mediafire and it seems to be working perfectly. Maybe the Anonfile upload has a problem or something. Thank you anyway for all your help.

Last edited:

J1mbo

Feb 12, 2021
Guys, probably a stupid question since it was never asked before(couldn't find it through search), but how do you even Hover Over?

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Guys, probably a stupid question since it was never asked before(couldn't find it through search), but how do you even Hover Over?
with mouse ? you put it over what ever and dont move for few sec, and in case is anything behind that like link should show

Reactions: J1mbo

uncleaR1596

Mar 3, 2019
I have a problem. I am stuck at the screen where you go to sleep. The window pops up telling me who is in my harem and that they are maintained at $5. Then No matter what I click I cant get past this screen... Anyone know any fix?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bloodguard

SidRay

Jan 10, 2019
I have a problem. I am stuck at the screen where you go to sleep. The window pops up telling me who is in my harem and that they are maintained at $5. Then No matter what I click I cant get past this screen... Anyone know any fix?
That's probably you have to pay the maintenance fee. You have to either pay them or dismiss them and then the game will carry on. See on the right side of the image, where it says "pay maintenance', you have to click on that. Hope that helps.

uncleaR1596

Mar 3, 2019
That's probably you have to pay the maintenance fee. You have to either pay them or dismiss them and then the game will carry on. See on the right side of the image, where it says "pay maintenance', you have to click on that. Hope that helps.
Strange, I do not have that option :/

2022-10-15.png

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
So I bought the slave but every time it's her turn for a dialog I get "A exceptional error occurred" error.Why is this happening?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
So I bought the slave but every time it's her turn for a dialog I get "A exceptional error occurred" error.Why is this happening?
We are not clairvoyant here you know. If you post the traceback.txt file (from the game root) here, preferably as an attachment, but at least in a spoiler when you copy the text, we could get more of an idea what is happening where.

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
We are not clairvoyant here you know. If you post the traceback.txt file (from the game root) here, preferably as an attachment, but at least in a spoiler when you copy the text, we could get more of an idea what is happening where.
I'm sorry my bad,here's what I'm getting. Screenshot (20).png

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I'm sorry my bad,here's what I'm getting. View attachment 2141351
The fact it asks for sidemom.png instead of sidenancy.png means the code is from the I-patch. But somehow you are missing the icon that should come with the I-patch. You can try re-applying the I-patch. But the short route is to just put the attached file (make sure to rename it, removing the number the site adds to it) to <game-root>\game\images\Sprites

4.00 star(s) 90 Votes