katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I like the idea of kids not being individually trackable, just a stacking boost to safety/productivity.

I think that's elegant and probably easier to code than a whole age cycle.
Also, it beats out clicking through 6,575 days worth of gametime. I'm not sure, but I think I'll probably be finished with the game tasks by then.

nobody14789

Sep 28, 2019
Some comments about the latest update:

Explore event: The Dying Elderly Survivor: Killing him should let us search the farmhouse. Not killing him should have some of dialog (pleading as you leave) -- just having it end is a bit jarring.

Explore event: Toxic waste: I couldn't get this to trip saw all the other new events multiple times, but never this.

Explore event: mysterious illness settlement: Should have at least some thank you dialogue for giving antibiotics, if no actual reward, right now it just ends, which is a little odd.

Rest of update seems fine.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Some comments about the latest update:

Explore event: The Dying Elderly Survivor: Killing him should let us search the farmhouse. Not killing him should have some of dialog (pleading as you leave) -- just having it end is a bit jarring.

Explore event: Toxic waste: I couldn't get this to trip saw all the other new events multiple times, but never this.

Explore event: mysterious illness settlement: Should have at least some thank you dialogue for giving antibiotics, if no actual reward, right now it just ends, which is a little odd.

Rest of update seems fine.
Thanks! Will add these in 0.17

• Red Heart
Reactions: GamerDaddy

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Some reflexions on the dev advancement.

1/ At start we can get some stuff it may be interesting to give them some interest (for example the knife could be useable in combat, the laptop could give a +5 INT, no idea for the magazine)

2/ The breeder trait is too powerful compared to other traits, it mostly kill any interest to have child with anyone without it. You may consider splitting it in fertile (chance of pregnancy) and broodmother (reduced length of pregnancy)

3/ The trait woodcrafter would be named "woodcutter" in case of later you introduce a job permitting to really craft anything with wood with an associated trait

Bugs:
- You can have the event permitting to liberate 2 girls and invite them as guests before you construct the guesthouse, it would not be possible.
- To help construct the chapel the message says you need 50 wood but really you need 100.

Reactions: ttyrke

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I got your point about scene tracker but that would be almost impossible. At least for random events because there are also random events in random locations, not only when you explore.
I've got a plan to write some kind of a FAQ but need to gather some strength for that.
When a quest tracker is too difficult to implement a common alternative is an achievement system with leading descriptions. Achievements are relatively easy to implement, you can just set a variable when an event happens and write a description for it in some place the player can access.

For example:

"4 planks in a square" -> "Find a workbench while exploring"
"Trials of Hercules" -> Increase your strength stat above 25
"Hi-C" -> "Buy the suspicious drugs from the gym locker room"
"Paul Bunyon" -> Buy and axe and then sell 100 wood to the old man in a single transaction
"Local creamery" -> Milk a slave using the old man's machine
"Rubba dub dub" -> Build the hot shower and fuck a slave in it
"Merchant of Venice" -> Sell a slave that has had their appearance increased with some basic hygene.
"That's not a knife" -> Buy the knife and win a fight
"Pumped up kicks" -> Find the gun while exploring (I actually don't know how to find the gun, so this is wrong)
"The feast of kings" -> Buy 100 food from the old man in a single transaction
"If you love them set them free" -> Raise a slave's Relationship above 50 and then release them
"I can't quit you" -> Build the guest house and populate it with a former slave
"Buddy system" -> Make a former slave a companion
"Back to back" -> Win a fight with a companion
"Don't stick your dick in that" -> Find the horny zombie while exploring

BreakerHollow

Mar 6, 2020
Did something change with adding custom images I keep getting an error or do I need to update the node? Edit: the searchactions was missing from initial download of the new version so I moved it from the previous version and it worked fine

Last edited:

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
When a quest tracker is too difficult to implement a common alternative is an achievement system with leading descriptions. Achievements are relatively easy to implement, you can just set a variable when an event happens and write a description for it in some place the player can access.

For example:

"4 planks in a square" -> "Find a workbench while exploring"
"Trials of Hercules" -> Increase your strength stat above 25
"Hi-C" -> "Buy the suspicious drugs from the gym locker room"
"Paul Bunyon" -> Buy and axe and then sell 100 wood to the old man in a single transaction
"Local creamery" -> Milk a slave using the old man's machine
"Rubba dub dub" -> Build the hot shower and fuck a slave in it
"Merchant of Venice" -> Sell a slave that has had their appearance increased with some basic hygene.
"That's not a knife" -> Buy the knife and win a fight
"Pumped up kicks" -> Find the gun while exploring (I actually don't know how to find the gun, so this is wrong)
"The feast of kings" -> Buy 100 food from the old man in a single transaction
"If you love them set them free" -> Raise a slave's Relationship above 50 and then release them
"I can't quit you" -> Build the guest house and populate it with a former slave
"Buddy system" -> Make a former slave a companion
"Back to back" -> Win a fight with a companion
"Don't stick your dick in that" -> Find the horny zombie while exploring
Yes! Achievements is the way to go. That wont give full quest/event tracker but I think that would be even better. Might even add few hidden archievements.

nobody14789

Sep 28, 2019
Some reflexions on the dev advancement.

2/ The breeder trait is too powerful compared to other traits, it mostly kill any interest to have child with anyone without it. You may consider splitting it in fertile (chance of pregnancy) and broodmother (reduced length of pregnancy)
I don't think you've hit late game then (i.e. max guests + lots of children). I'm at a point where either I need to start selling children (undesirable) or stop getting girls pregnant (also undesirable) as the food consumption is outstripping my ability to produce and/or buy it and continue to get girls pregnant (currently at about a deficit of 40 food daily before cap revenue is factored in). If I found a breeder (not that I'm actively hunting more girls currently) I'd quickly sell her so she's someone else's problem.

---

Some thoughts about the Horse:

I realize it's just implemented, but if hopefully there's some plan beyond just a +10 relationship bonus to Roger if you give him the horse since he will remain "indebted to you". Also a way to get a horse of your own if you do.

Hay is not being consumed. After a week with the horse, the amount remains unchanged. Also I can't "see" the horse anywhere other than if I visit the settlement for some fun time with the horse girl.

Just a thought, if you keep the horse, since Roger wanted it to help plow the fields or something, you could do the job for him (for caps or some other reward).

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
I don't think you've hit late game then (i.e. max guests + lots of children). I'm at a point where either I need to start selling children (undesirable) or stop getting girls pregnant (also undesirable) as the food consumption is outstripping my ability to produce and/or buy it and continue to get girls pregnant (currently at about a deficit of 40 food daily before cap revenue is factored in). If I found a breeder (not that I'm actively hunting more girls currently) I'd quickly sell her so she's someone else's problem.

---

Some thoughts about the Horse:

I realize it's just implemented, but if hopefully there's some plan beyond just a +10 relationship bonus to Roger if you give him the horse since he will remain "indebted to you". Also a way to get a horse of your own if you do.

Hay is not being consumed. After a week with the horse, the amount remains unchanged. Also I can't "see" the horse anywhere other than if I visit the settlement for some fun time with the horse girl.

Just a thought, if you keep the horse, since Roger wanted it to help plow the fields or something, you could do the job for him (for caps or some other reward).
Thanks! Yes, there will be other ways to get horse later. As you already mentioned - its just implemented to cut travel time. Hay consumption will be in 0.17 with a chance to starve your horse to death. Good idea about helping Roger with horse. Will write that to backlog.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
The case you expose is due to a lack of some form of contraceptive, ideally in a rpg/management game you must have the adequate tools to really manage, and random must be very low.

You must also have a minimum of challenge and the breeder trait kills the use and need of fertility potion and pregnancy accelerator one, breaking the balance. If a game become to easy the interest is quickly decreasing.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
The case you expose is due to a lack of some form of contraceptive, ideally in a rpg/management game you must have the adequate tools to really manage, and random must be very low.

You must also have a minimum of challenge and the breeder trait kills the use and need of fertility potion and pregnancy accelerator one, breaking the balance. If a game become to easy the interest is quickly decreasing.
Taking into account that it is a post-apocalyptic world, perhaps women could have some percentage of infertility, and the main character might not even know about it (hidden stats).

nobody14789

Sep 28, 2019

With no fertility potions and no accelerators if you have max guests it's actually reasonably hard keeping them all pregnant while doing other things. By the time you get Guest #20 pregnant usually Guest #1 is giving birth (and so on). I'm on Day 966 and I have 39 children with six more still on the way. I've stopped getting them all pregnant cause again, I'm running a massive food deficit at this point (without cap revenue). Before I stopped keeping them pregnant all the time one of my guests was giving birth every 12-14 days or so, which is about the same amount of time it takes to get one pregnant in the first place (assuming you're not just fucking her constantly and are off doing other things). Balance.

With the food issue (which actually makes sense in an apocalyptic world) a woman that gets pregnant easily and gives birth faster than normal is a burden, not a bonus since she's increasing the food deficit faster than a "normal" one.

But then that's just my opinion...

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
im opening a food stall come by Sector 7 (im now a ACE hunter and have 4 slaves with the gardener trait)

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ApocalypticWorld-0.16a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use this thread or join us on !
, Downloading issues? Look here.​

FafnirOD

Nov 9, 2022
Just a random thought but since there are starting to be more resources for the player to handle (Hay and whatnot), it'll probably be nice to have a guest handle all forms of supply purchases.

Maybe have them purchase food, hay, potions etc. when it's below a certain amount and have them sell certain items like wood and whatever the scavs finds when it's above a defined threshold.

Eisa

Donor
Jul 23, 2017
anybody knows how to turn the age of the kids from 0 so they would grow faster and turn into an adult (18+)

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes