Others Arcana: Heat and Cold [Season 1 Ch. 1-5/8 + Season 2 Ch. 1-5 + Season Stories 1-2 Ch.] [HarDDeer]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Gentlemen, Chapter 3 is now public.
And Chapter 4 is available on Patreon for D+ patrons.

The journey of our hero, who "didn't want to work as a messenger" continues, and who knows where it will take him this time.
There are more and more chapters, and with new chapters come new tags. But this is just the beginning.

*The new chapter (3) turned out to be bigger than a standard update. I hope you'll like it.
+Added arrow controls for non-qwerty keyboards.

Calistilaigh

Jul 5, 2018
Hm, I can't get past petting the cat in chapter one. The first dialogue option works, but then when it asks to scratch its back nothing I do registers.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Hm, I can't get past petting the cat in chapter one. The first dialogue option works, but then when it asks to scratch its back nothing I do registers.
Drag the Fire or Ice rune onto a round slot.
Drag an item onto an square slot.
F to interact.

Last edited:

krinekron

Feb 19, 2018
i like girl in first chapter and i wanting to see her again in another chapters

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018
it aint spicy enough for me
but its really enjoyable
jus played the chapter 3 update
and whew, ded when this guy came in with a knife and started counting up to 3 in the interrogation

eyecourt

May 21, 2017
I might be an idiot. I keep trying to run nw.exe but it won't. It just stops running a half second after I try to run, even as a Admin.

Never mind me, just found out I didn't 'extract' properly.

Last edited:

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Is it possible to adjust the transparency of the text box?
No, right now you can't. Are you asking this because in the 1st chapter the textbox covers the part of the H-scene? In the future updates I'll move the pictures up a but in the 1st chapter. In the other chapters (starting from Chapter 2), the textbox does not cover anything.

dragpz

May 29, 2017
This is an actually an amazing game. Without H, the systems are pretty decent and the dialogue, story is pretty good, and with the H, it's absolutely amazing. Extremely high quality

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
"the control is extremely uncomfortable, walking with the WASD and interacting with the F, I don't know why those button configurations"

What's wrong with the WASD layout? I added arrows for those who are not comfortable with WASD.

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
Nice game, dude. The dialogue is funny and the art is good. The mechanics you introduced are interesting and unconventional, and pairing it with small self-contained chapters was the right decision.

The main thing though is that I haven't seen the dragging really come into play beyond chapter 1. No item dragging in chaps 2 or 3, and the fire/ice runes basically function now as a "next image" button that is a lot less convenient and split in half. You can do a lot with the system, you just need to bring out its potential.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Nice game, dude. The dialogue is funny and the art is good. The mechanics you introduced are interesting and unconventional, and pairing it with small self-contained chapters was the right decision.

The main thing though is that I haven't seen the dragging really come into play beyond chapter 1. No item dragging in chaps 2 or 3, and the fire/ice runes basically function now as a "next image" button that is a lot less convenient and split in half. You can do a lot with the system, you just need to bring out its potential.

Hello. Yes, I agree with you. It's just that I've decided to mix the main system up with mini-games or other things so it's not get monotonous. Chapter 5 will be closer to Chapter 1 gameplay-wise.
It also depends on how much time I have.
I spend all my time on developing new chapters, and even on my main job I am often busy with the game (when the situation allows it). And the variability and even the primitive events (although it may not be obvious at first glance) require an incredibly large amount of time.

Reactions: Gabaw
4.40 star(s) 10 Votes