Others Arcana: Heat and Cold [Season 1 Ch. 1-5/8 + Season 2 Ch. 1-5 + Season Stories 1-2 Ch.] [HarDDeer]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Hopefully the dev will get some recognition and funding that way. The art was good, dunno why the game didn't pick off...
I have not yet decided about the way of distribution in the future. I'm not a very greedy person, but my Patreon completely failed.
Now I think that I will partially make a season in ongoing for the Patreon members, and then release it on Steam (when there will be enough chapters). (I'll write the details of my plans later. I really don’t have time now – today is the release day after all).
Briefly. 5 $ - Steam key. Half of the season is free. Whole season is available only on Steam (and any other store).

By the way, even though the Patreon failed, thank you very much for your support, and simply for playing my game.
I am really grateful, and from time to time I will post the keys for the game here.

I was asked about piracy:
I do not know whether the game will be pirated or not. I am not that huge opponent of piracy, but to continue the development of the game, I decided to release it on Steam and other resources. And I think the price is not that high.

I will be happy to receive any feedback=).
I’ll answer any of your questions (but not always immediately).

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
!!!WARNING!!!
For those who played the demo version, and then decided to buy the game on Steam:

VERY IMPORTANT to go to
C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Local\
and completely delete the «Arcana Heat and Cold» folder.
So that Steam save files won’t conflict with the saves from the demo (it can cause bugs)

Don't be afraid to delete saves. In Steam version you can start the game from any chapter

Last edited:
Reactions: No name :)

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
how do access previous chapter gallery? should i play through whole game every update?
There is a separate gallery in the Steam version, where you can always rewatch any scene you liked.

When I made the game in chapters, I didn't think anyone would want to revisit the scenes from the old chapters if they had already beaten them.+ And it added difficulties with savedata and other things during the development (bugs, etc).
But I fixed it for the Steam version.

Reactions: EmeraldKnightmare

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
By the way, I will be happy to receive any feedback and reviews!

(It may sound cocky, but reviews help to stay afloat in Steam. A LOT.)

astranabeat

Jun 6, 2017
To the DEV.

Sad to see Patreon fail but with how this game work. it hard to gain support on Patreon. you need to finish a chapter before you can release but people who support Patreon want to see update at lease once a month. I don't think you can release a chapter every month. people don't know how frequency update will be and with a long wait between release mean people rarely talk. people talk about your game is the best advertise.

Maybe change how the game work to sand box or something that you can easily add content every month. or maybe just use the same chapter structure but make a chapter longer. has 3 girls in it and release 1 story a month. just suggestion. everything is up to you. the key is update every month.

I played your game first time on first release and stop to get more update before play again. also waiting for mom content because I remember you said MC will visit this house again. and then update rarely come and then I forgot about this game until I saw it on Steam.

Your game is good I just bought it. hope more people know more about you and get more support.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
To the DEV.

Sad to see Patreon fail but with how this game work. it hard to gain support on Patreon. you need to finish a chapter before you can release but people who support Patreon want to see update at lease once a month. I don't think you can release a chapter every month. people don't know how frequency update will be and with a long wait between release mean people rarely talk. people talk about your game is the best advertise.

Maybe change how the game work to sand box or something that you can easily add content every month. or maybe just use the same chapter structure but make a chapter longer. has 3 girls in it and release 1 story a month. just suggestion. everything is up to you. the key is update every month.

I played your game first time on first release and stop to get more update before play again. also waiting for mom content because I remember you said MC will visit this house again. and then update rarely come and then I forgot about this game until I saw it on Steam.

Your game is good I just bought it. hope more people know more about you and get more support.
I don't think that people expect monthly content. As long as the dev keeps their patrons updated with weekly/bi-weekly posts, they can take longer in order to finish a chapter/build of their game(as long as they don't push it, of course). The Chapter system works nicely, but I think that there needs to be better communication between dev and patrons.

A text post detailing work done/in progress, a content preview/work in progress art, a poll to decide something for next Chapter - all of this keeps the public engaged and coming back for more.

Reactions: masa no yu

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
"also waiting for mom content"
pic1.

"see update at lease once a month."

In the beginning, I was making a new chapter about once a month +- 2 weeks.
This is certainly a very busy schedule. There is no time left even to improve my skills like drawing or scenario writing, etc.
But it wasn’t even the major factor.
It's not that I am very upset, I actually didn't expect anything.
But I do what I like. And I look at it philosophically. As long as there is something to buy food for, you can live and hope for the best, haha.

The game was first released about 7 months ago. And the game has 8 chapters, so yes, you get about 1 month per chapter.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
I don't think that people expect monthly content. As long as the dev keeps their patrons updated with weekly/bi-weekly posts, they can take longer in order to finish a chapter/build of their game(as long as they don't push it, of course). The Chapter system works nicely, but I think that there needs to be better communication between dev and patrons.

A text post detailing work done/in progress, a content preview/work in progress art, a poll to decide something for next Chapter - all of this keeps the public engaged and coming back for more.

Talking with subscribers is certainly good.
But if you choose to spend a day working, or spend it on empty conversations about what I WILL do, I will prefer working. Maybe this is not the right approach.
I also think there are a lot of other small factors, such as
+anime stylistics finds much less response on Patreon than the Western art style (I'm not saying it doesn't, just my generalized observation). One day I will make a game in Western style, lol.
+ I don't have much specialized fetish content. And in modern realities my game can be considered rather «lite».
Well, after all the game was inspired by Golden Boy, not Berserk.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: James Eveleth

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Talking with subscribers is certainly good.
But if you choose to spend a day working, or spend it on empty conversations about what I WILL do, I will prefer working. Maybe this is not the right approach.
I also think there are a lot of other small factors, such as
+anime stylistics finds much less response on Patreon than the Western art style (I'm not saying it doesn't, just my generalized observation). One day I will make a game in Western style, lol.
+ I don't have much specialized fetish content. And in modern realities my game can be considered rather «lite».
Well, after all the game was inspired by Golden Boy, not Berserk.
Not so sure about the art style being a deal breaker for people, but you might be right about certain fetishes catering to a large audience.

As for the Patreon posts, I didn't intend to make it sounds like you should spend tons of time on them. A simple preview pic(like what you've posted on F95Zone before) with a caption "Sneak Peek of upcoming content" or a post that can be as simple as "Dear patrons, we've been working on the story this past week. In the next chapter a new girl will be introduced, someone you might have heard about from a certain fox tailed mischief maker! So far the progress is at round 80% for the art, 70% for the story, 40% for bugfixes and minor tasks. Can't give an ETA yet, but the update is coming along nicely. Stay tuned for more updates!" would definitely work.

Anyway, don't want to tell you how to run your Patreon or game, just wanted to give my two cents. Best of luck!

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Anyway, don't want to tell you how to run your Patreon or game, just wanted to give my two cents. Best of luck!

It's okay.
I do not take it as some kind of aggression. And I hope that my speech does not sound aggressive either.
I don't mind advice, some of them can really be critically important. And it is even interesting to listen to. After all, nobody makes me follow them, haha.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Hows steam doing?
For about 3-4 months I will be able to make new chapters without worrying so much about food and utility payments.
But this time the release got me very exhausted. I think I will take a break from work for 5 days after the release of the new chapter.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
For about 3-4 months I will be able to make new chapters without worrying so much about food and utility payments.
But this time the release got me very exhausted. I think I will take a break from work for 5 days after the release of the new chapter.
That's good to see.
That's an income that you will get every now and then.
Have a nice rest.

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes