Others Arcana: Heat and Cold [Season 1 Ch. 1-5/8 + Season 2 Ch. 1-5 + Season Stories 1-2 Ch.] [HarDDeer]

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Game is garbage.

Rule 1: never install saves for a game that is not installed in any other folder! You are storing saves in the user profile to always remain as crap files when someone deletes the game? Awful development. Saves should be in the game folder when a game is not installed with an installer as them left over files is wasted trash.

Rule 2: when someone reports a bug fix it! The game has a total broken windowed mode and does not work! It locks up the entire window and requires ctrl alt delete to end the task and than it's running 5 copies of nw.exe that is totally broken!

Rule 3: Don't totally break previous saves where you have to start the entire chapter over again. As soon as I saw that my previous save no longer works and was gone.. I deleted it.

If any of these type of rules are ignored I won't play the game even if for free.

1) Remember that the developer is not a GOD, but a person like you, who can not know everything. And this is how the engine I work with functions.

2) In the Steam version, I fixed the window mode.
But in the free version, because it was developed as chapters, it is much more problematic to do so. What I can fix, I fix.
+ I have 1 pc and a notebook. Not so many devices to check and find all the bugs.

3) I am not some big studio, or a programming genius, etc. I try as best as I can. If you are not satisfied with it, so be it. You have every right not to play my game, and honestly it would be the best option for both of us, I suppose.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
This art looks nice, but the RPG format worries me a little.. could someone clear some stuff up for me?

Are there any parts in the game where (like in a traditional RPG) you are required to walk around and figure out what to do next? Or is progress just streamlined, like the next step is always completely obvious with none of that 'talk to some specific person in town to proceed' kind of thing?

I'm just not a fan of having to walk around and talk to everyone to find out what it is I need to do next in these things. Thanks.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
This art looks nice, but the RPG format worries me a little.. could someone clear some stuff up for me?

Are there any parts in the game where (like in a traditional RPG) you are required to walk around and figure out what to do next? Or is progress just streamlined, like the next step is always completely obvious with none of that 'talk to some specific person in town to proceed' kind of thing?

I'm just not a fan of having to walk around and talk to everyone to find out what it is I need to do next in these things. Thanks.
Hi.
How should I put it? In the game you need to walk around a little (and even then not in all the chapters), but if you follow the story (the game is plot oriented), it will not be a problem because the walking is minimal.
There is more of it in Chapter 1, but almost none in Chapter 2, etc.

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Thank you for your hard work ! :D
If we buy your game on steam, our friends can see it ? My wife is on steam, and I think she will kill me if she sees that...

Reactions: James Eveleth

espurrJelly

Oct 1, 2018
I bought this on its full season 1 release. though uhh not sure if you have already been asked this or not. but what are the plans with Season 2 on steam that is?

i will say this whole heartedly i loved the way scenes progressed it gave me a quite a bit of "solve how the murder was done" in danganronpa, i loved the stylistic approach to it that wasnt just. Beeg picture ->Slightly Deefrint beeg picture and possibly an animation though l2d or the like, ya know? and honestly it was a refreshing breath of fresh air.

my main question is will their be more elements other then items and hot cold to use? going forward as the MC goes though gaining i would guess further knowledge in how curing works in his own way that is? like say Adding shock to something being needed as an Unexpected and more instinctual to get a reaction? that kind of was the first one of the first things that popped in to my mind when thinking about if more elements would be added in my first playthough of the first season. its been a while but that one stayed fresh in the mind.

either way have a nice day deer,
and for the love of whatever is out there please stay safe.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
IC content?
Oh shit, sorry. Didn't know you answered lol, maybe didn't get the notification, even forgot about asking this lol. Ok, IC content = incest content. Someone I believe asked to hinted at stuff so just wanted to know

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Thank you for your hard work ! :D
If we buy your game on steam, our friends can see it ? My wife is on steam, and I think she will kill me if she sees that...
Hah. I somehow didn't think of this type of problem.
As far as I know, there's no 100 percent way to hide the game from others in Steam, you can only make it less likely.
I'm thinking (hopefully soon) to release the game on Nutaku, but God, I never could find out how all the bureaucratic stuff like taxation works there, and their employees haven't told me anything concrete. But hopefully I'll figure it out soon.

Reactions: ss6

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
I bought this on its full season 1 release. though uhh not sure if you have already been asked this or not. but what are the plans with Season 2 on steam that is?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hi!
Adding new elements to the game is always a big risk for the developer, but it's also very interesting.

The first chapter of season 2 is somewhat of a bonus anime episode, so you can't tell from it yet, but for season 2 I have something new in mind!

The overall concept of the game will remain the same, but a new quite engaging (I hope) gameplay element will appear.
It’s battles based on cards and turn based gameplay. (in light form of course, it's a story oriented hentai game after all, haha)

My plans may change, and there may be pitfalls in the way, etc. But right now I plan to add core gameplay, and generally make the gameplay part bigger in size.

Thanks for being so involved in what I'm doing. It's very gratifying!

Reactions: kratoscar2008

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Oh shit, sorry. Didn't know you answered lol, maybe didn't get the notification, even forgot about asking this lol. Ok, IC content = incest content. Someone I believe asked to hinted at stuff so just wanted to know

I can't say for sure, but most likely no.
There are 2 reasons for this.

1) I understand that it's impossible to make a hentai game without some classic tropes. But for every trope, in the long run I, as an author, pay for by ruining the immersion of the player in the story.
For example, even the hentai scene between the main character and Diana's mother was designed as a dream, so it wouldn't break the narrative or world-building, although a simple one.

I had the idea of making a "bonus chapter" that didn't affect the plot, but instead was a filler that featured Diana, Eleona and Vayne. And that would have solved the conflict of tropes and immersion, but...

2) But that's where reason 2 comes in.
Steam, even for very lite IC content can ban you. Yes, I've seen many games with IC, which are not banned yet, but also know a few games that were hit by Gabe’s banhammer.
And only Steam allows me to pay the bills and continue to make the game, so I can't write it off.

Maybe someday I'll do some free special chapter off-Steam.
Hopefully by then Steam won't be like patreon banning you for content outside of their platform

Swyzzel

Jun 7, 2020
Hm... the game is bad. Just bad. There is not much gameplay of what little there is of. Its very simple gameplay. The Hscenes are kinda nice. The writing is absolutely atrocious. Its clear that the dev desperately needs someone to write for him. It starts decently but there is just so much 2deep4you nonsense it gets tiring and uninteresting. Get a full save or something if you wanna "play" this game. Its definitely not worth spending time on.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Hm... the game is bad. Just bad. There is not much gameplay of what little there is of. Its very simple gameplay. The Hscenes are kinda nice. The writing is absolutely atrocious. Its clear that the dev desperately needs someone to write for him. It starts decently but there is just so much 2deep4you nonsense it gets tiring and uninteresting. Get a full save or something if you wanna "play" this game. Its definitely not worth spending time on.
"2deep4you nonsense"?
I'm really wondering what exactly you mean by that. Are you talking specifically about the new episode, or the first season as well?
If you're talking about the last episode, then I don't think it can be taken separately from season 1’s world-building.
If you're talking about the whole game, then sorry. But that's the type of «writer» I am. I can't help it, haha.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
"2deep4you nonsense"?
I'm really wondering what exactly you mean by that. Are you talking specifically about the new episode, or the first season as well?
If you're talking about the last episode, then I don't think it can be taken separately from season 1’s world-building.
If you're talking about the whole game, then sorry. But that's the type of «writer» I am. I can't help it, haha.
Dont take it so personally.
Remember that most people here gobble down "Oh I woke up with an erection, time to fuck my family" type of stories.
Haven't played yet, so second season is another MC?
Did you end the first one in a harem scenario or how?

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Dont take it so personally.
Remember that most people here gobble down "Oh I woke up with an erection, time to fuck my family" type of stories.
Haven't played yet, so second season is another MC?
Did you end the first one in a harem scenario or how?
The remarks on the game don't cause me butthurt, don't worry. I really wonder what he meant, that's all.
There’s still the same MC in Season 2. Basically season 2 is a direct continuation of season 1.

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
where is the save located
Saves in the game are automatic.
This is done to avoid some bugs.
But they happen quite often, so I do not think it is a problem.
To continue the game you can click "continue" in the main menu.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
The remarks on the game don't cause me butthurt, don't worry. I really wonder what he meant, that's all.
There’s still the same MC in Season 2. Basically season 2 is a direct continuation of season 1.
I see.
I hope you do get us a harem end.

paulz09

Mar 10, 2020
I honestly hope that the girls in season 1 still play a big part in the upcoming ones and that you won't just set them aside in the background I really loved Miley's and the chief's personality I also liked Diana's as well I hope Leona's story would get more fleshed out in the future just didn't felt that attached to her unlike the beast women and Diana also adding sounds more may be a good idea good work dude

HarDDeer

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2020
Hello, gentlemen.
And Happy new year!
I'd like to tell you a little bit about the progress of the second season of Arcana.

Chapter 2 of season 2 is almost done.
The text is written. The pictures are drawn.
But, as I said before. I want to add core gameplay in season 2.
So I decided to add a card-game component, in a simple but player-friendly way.
(Not just mix the narrative with mini-games.)
The game will test your tactical abilities a bit, but not so much as to distract from the main part of the game. There's a little bit of challenge, but overall it's simple and straightforward.

I also want to focus more on investigating the symptoms of Arcane fever, but that doesn't always fit well with gameplay, and I wouldn't want to make the basis of gameplay on pixel hunting. So it's going to be like season 1 - a more secondary form of gameplay. And will remain as a narrative in most cases.

Implementing these innovations takes a long time. But, as it usually does, over time, it won't be as time-consuming for me.

Other than that, I'm generally doing okay.
Trying to watch my health a little more, working, learning different things, etc.
I hope we all have a better year than the last one.

Thanks for the support and good luck!

4.40 star(s) 10 Votes