4.20 star(s) 92 Votes
Jul 13, 2018
I was a patron for a long while and as much I appreciate Notvil as an artist, both in design and writing, I just can't possibly justify being a patron of his any longer.
Purely for a cost/benefit reasons. His ability to deliver timely update with enough content just isn't there.

The day notvil start to develop games in renpy I will become a patron again in an instant. I get that he can't quite achieve the same aesthetics on renpy, or have the same minigames and whatnot but I wonder if the technical issues he has on almost every release isn't going to burn him out as well as his audience. Not to mention that he will probably double or triple his supporter count with faster and meatier releases on a much friendlier engine.

A guy this talented should be able to make a decent living in the adult game industry, I just don't see it happening at the current state of affaires.
Honestly his engine is beautiful , good animations as well but as show in games like Being a Dik , City of Broken Dreamers, A.O.A. Academy , and some other games, those games show us that Renpy also can do stuff similar to that with good animations, beautiful graphics and characters and with less problems than his own engine. Honestly idk why he haven't tried to do the games in Renpy with how well his games are so far and how many people want to support him he would have less problems and faster updates with Renpy

Well see you all in 2022 when next update releases since according to website there haven't been progress for days again.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Honestly his engine is beautiful , good animations as well but as show in games like Being a Dik , City of Broken Dreamers, A.O.A. Academy , and some other games, those games show us that Renpy also can do stuff similar to that with good animations, beautiful graphics and characters and with less problems than his own engine. Honestly idk why he haven't tried to do the games in Renpy with how well his games are so far and how many people want to support him he would have less problems and faster updates with Renpy

Well see you all in 2022 when next update releases since according to website there haven't been progress for days again.
Yeah, I found this game just as last update hit and loved the way you interact with the game. After hundreds of renpy VNs, this DOES stand out. Sadly feeling the wait since last update, I can see that this did not come at a cost. However, when it finally DOES finish, it will be a better product for it.

That is the issue with these games, a lot of the time you have worse quality just so the content can be dished out faster.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Yeah, I found this game just as last update hit and loved the way you interact with the game. After hundreds of renpy VNs, this DOES stand out. Sadly feeling the wait since last update, I can see that this did not come at a cost. However, when it finally DOES finish, it will be a better product for it.

That is the issue with these games, a lot of the time you have worse quality just so the content can be dished out faster.
There really isn’t anything else out there that looks or feels like this game. Truly unique. But as you say, it comes at a cost.

Maybe dev should consider moving to a common engine for the next game. I wonder how close it would look.

killbane

Jul 21, 2017

I agree with your premise but I think in Notvil case the delays are consistently technical issues. If technical issues are always the limiting factor then this is something that hurt production and should be resolved asap.

I don't think Notvil is a kind of Dev to compromise the quality of content so those technical issues are even more damaging as they come on top of not compromising on content, hence the very long update cycles.

There really isn’t anything else out there that looks or feels like this game. Truly unique. But as you say, it comes at a cost.

Maybe dev should consider moving to a common engine for the next game. I wonder how close it would look.
I highly doubt he will move to another engine Unfourtenetly , it's only a very shallow impression I have of him, but I think he his to attached to his engine and might regard an engine like renpy a downgrade and possibly him "selling out" and compromising on his art.

Ofc it's his work and he should do whatever makes him happy and fulfilled. It's just a shame that Devs with 1/2 the talent make so much more then him.

I just worry he will walk away eventually

Last edited:

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
"technical issues. If technical issues are always the limiting factor then this is something that hurt production and should be resolved asap."
Yeah if that is the case, he should just hire someone to do it for him. If it is coding issues or whatever.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah if that is the case, he should just hire someone to do it for him. If it is coding issues or whatever.
Not sure NOTvil is making that much to outsource work. Tho I gotta say, I do hope the next game he just bites the bullet and goes RenPy or something because holy hell this engine gave so much problems and despite the awesome renders and different sort of gameplay its not fair for the fans. We dont have a "real" update for the storyline in over one year and according to NOTvil the constant delays come from using that crap engine that makes every anti-virus go nuts. I'd go ahead and say he could have at least 1000 patrons if the devs cycles were consistent.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1634752703511.png

Hey guys!
Some info for you... and one more little teaser...

Alright, so I hope this will be the last info update before the release. Maybe there will be one more post with the Halloween pic or something like that. Because I'm not sure if I'll finish the update before Halloween. There are still some coding issues to be solved.
Stay in touch, guys!

Chicha

May 3, 2017
View attachment 1461497

Hey guys!

Alright, so I hope this will be the last info update before the release. Maybe there will be one more post with the Halloween pic or something like that. Because I'm not sure if I'll finish the update before Halloween. There are still some coding issues to be solved.
Stay in touch, guys!
Last update was in Feb, and now he again delays it another month. Pity, I would support the game if he was more serious / consistent with new updates.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Can you guys enlighten me, this has been delayed since late August, right? I am not holding any candles, I am pretty sure its gonna be past Halloween and well into mid Nov when it comes out. God I hope it has more than 30 minutes of gameplay or I am gonna be pissed.

Reactions: endriux
Jul 13, 2018
View attachment 1461497

Hey guys!

Stay in touch, guys!
"some coding issues" well same problem again, maybe NotVill should really try to use Renpy for his games maybe less coding issues will happen . Still probably he is proud of his engine and that won't happen

Neverpark

Apr 26, 2018
I am so proud I stopped being a subscriber for this Dev, this guy is just delaying and delaying, not professionnal at all. People paying you, you get money from your customers to develop your game and you don't deliver. If you have personnal issues, then give the work to someone else and pay him to do it, it is called being professionnal somewhere you own something to people. This game is great, but isnt worth 2 uploads a year (60$ each at 10$ per month). He is just screwing with his subscribers.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
View attachment 1461497

Hey guys!

Stay in touch, guys!
AAF85F81-5D5B-4B44-89F9-E1E0064770F8.jpeg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: bluehound36

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I am so proud I stopped being a subscriber for this Dev, this guy is just delaying and delaying, not professionnal at all. People paying you, you get money from your customers to develop your game and you don't deliver. If you have personnal issues, then give the work to someone else and pay him to do it, it is called being professionnal somewhere you own something to people. This game is great, but isnt worth 2 uploads a year (60$ each at 10$ per month). He is just screwing with his subscribers.
We didnt even got 2 updates this year, technically. We got a couple extras that are not even canon on the main storyline, both that were supposed to be released exactly one year ago. So technically we didnt got a single proper update for over a year now.

Reactions: Chicha and endriux

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
We didnt even got 2 updates this year, technically. We got a couple extras that are not even canon on the main storyline, both that were supposed to be released exactly one year ago. So technically we didnt got a single proper update for over a year now.
There's a decent chance those are canon, at least the Christmas one has no reason it couldn't be, but yeah it's been a while since the main plot moved forward for sure.
That said, even if Halloween wasn't canon, it had canon elements. I think that monitoring room from the Halloween update will be featured in story for sure, and I think the audience conversation to Abi wasn't just a 4th wall break about the player, but also the shadow organization that seems to be behind all the events.

AkarkiJoe

Feb 2, 2019
Can you guys enlighten me, this has been delayed since late August, right? I am not holding any candles, I am pretty sure its gonna be past Halloween and well into mid Nov when it comes out. God I hope it has more than 30 minutes of gameplay or I am gonna be pissed.
Seems like no one remember for last year's same period...
Now that we slipped into November and Halloween has been mentioned... next excuse will be that since Christmas is closer let's just wait with the release so all content can be published together. Then - because festive season is always so busy - the release will be postponed to January. :unsure: :rolleyes:

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Seems like no one remember for last year's same period...
Now that we slipped into November and Halloween has been mentioned... next excuse will be that since Christmas is closer let's just wait with the release so all content can be published together. Then - because festive season is always so busy - the release will be postponed to January. :unsure: :rolleyes:
The dude better hope not, he'll end up losing supporters if he pulls that.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
1635174921602.png

Seems like the progress bar has not really moved in a few weeks. You would think these 2 points would take least time. Though maybe some big issues were found?

• Sad
Reactions: qljrnt6jc4eh2

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
View attachment 1468450

Seems like the progress bar has not really moved in a few weeks. You would think these 2 points would take least time. Though maybe some big issues were found?
Testing, depending on how well it's initially coded, could easily take the most amount of time. Just depends on how much is broken at launch.
Music is always atmospheric and engrossing in Areas of Gray, while it wouldn't and isn't taking as much time as rendering and coding, in AoG specifically it's more integral than in most erotic games.

Reactions: throw_nws

nico7rujillo

Aug 24, 2021
Really really captivating story and renders, that being said. Where the hell does the save game of this game stores???
I've been trying to figure it out to play to switch between my Laptop and desktop wiith no luck. I even tried playing it from a usb drive but nope. So if you could tell me where the heck it stores the save files, it would be great.

4.20 star(s) 92 Votes